MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Sky Sports are saying its a done deal, his Agent also was quoted that he is highly likely to join us.

Mods, I think this thread should be moved to the general forum?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:59 pm

are we really getting excited about a player who cant get into the Athletico team?

It shows the standard of our squad right now when we are chasing a player who could technically be called a reject!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:are we really getting excited about a player who cant get into the Athletico team?

It shows the standard of our squad right now when we are chasing a player who could technically be called a reject!

???

He was Atletico's captain, he is twice the player Kuyt is and he is a very good player for Argentina.

Mascherano was a West Ham reject, and he has done well with us didn't he?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:06 pm

metalhead wrote:Sky Sports are saying its a done deal, his Agent also was quoted that he is highly likely to join us.

I can't see anything 'official' yet that he has actually signed.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:
metalhead wrote:Sky Sports are saying its a done deal, his Agent also was quoted that he is highly likely to join us.

I can't see anything 'official' yet that he has actually signed.

Nothing official, but its no longer a rumor..  :p
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:10 pm

metalhead wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:are we really getting excited about a player who cant get into the Athletico team?

???

He was Atletico's captain, he is twice the player Kuyt is and he is a very good player for Argentina.

Great point!

Maxi has fallen out of favour at AM by the sounds of things and a move where he will be playing alongside his Int'l skipper and long term friend from AM days will hopefully see us get the best out of him.

He also has something to prove to get into the Argy squad for the WC. It's a no brainer to bring a player like this on loan.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Waldo wrote:[

Great point!

Maxi has fallen out of favour at AM by the sounds of things and a move where he will be playing alongside his Int'l skipper and long term friend from AM days will hopefully see us get the best out of him.

He also has something to prove to get into the Argy squad for the WC. It's a no brainer to bring a player like this on loan.[/quote]
I suppose if its a loan deal it is worth a punt, and I hope he does step up to the challenge.

I dont think you can compare this deal to the Mascherano one.

Mascha never got a game for  West Ham mainly due to the incompetence of the manager, this bloke has been a regular, even the captain, and has somehow managed to fall from grace to such an extent that he cant get a game now.

If he signs, he will get my support, I just think its a shame that these are the types of players we are now looking at.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby kalos » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:02 pm

For him to fall so far so quickly would suggest a fallout with the manager..

A great player doesn't become total cr=p overnight does he?
kalos

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 pm

can't see anything but good if this comes off.

we get a proven quality player for nothing but his wages. we get a good mate of mascher's in the team, hopefully making him happier, more settled, more likely to stay with us and more likely to play well. we get a proper alternative to kuyt on the right wing who can actually contribute to our attacking play. we get a right winger who can score goals.

really hoping this one comes off.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 pm

since the Rumour thread is locked I'm putting it here, from the Independant:

Birmingham will test Liverpool's desire to hold on to Ryan Babel by bidding £8m for the Dutch winger in January.

Good, feck off Ryan
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:21 pm

Greavesie wrote:since the Rumour thread is locked I'm putting it here, from the Independant:

Birmingham will test Liverpool's desire to hold on to Ryan Babel by bidding £8m for the Dutch winger in January.

Good, feck off Ryan

The OFFICIAL Ryan Babel thread says we turned down £9 million from Birmingham.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Greavesie wrote:since the Rumour thread is locked I'm putting it here, from the Independant:

Good, feck off Ryan

Best news I've heard all year!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Waldo wrote:[

Great point!

He also has something to prove to get into the Argy squad for the WC. It's a no brainer to bring a player like this on loan.

I suppose if its a loan deal it is worth a punt, and I hope he does step up to the challenge.

I dont think you can compare this deal to the Mascherano one.

Mascha never got a game for  West Ham mainly due to the incompetence of the manager, this bloke has been a regular, even the captain, and has somehow managed to fall from grace to such an extent that he cant get a game now.

If he signs, he will get my support, I just think its a shame that these are the types of players we are now looking at.[/quote]
I don't think 9 starts out of a possible 16 equates to "can't get a game" in anyone's book.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:40 pm

If Brum have offered us £9m for Babel, it does go to show that he's a talent.

It also goes to show that they have no idea of how bone idle he truly is.

Sadly, it's quite obvious that he won't agree to move there and will hold the club to ransom until Ajax offer £200k and a packet of Marmite-flavoured Walker's crisps.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red H » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:44 pm

If the £9 Mil stuff is true, we should bite their hand off, add in a sell on clause if we must, but I think that would be optimistic.
Red H

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion