MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Maxi Rodriguez has dismissed reports he has left Liverpool following rumours he had joined Newell's Old Boys in his native Argentina.

The attack-minded midfielder was expected to leave Liverpool at the end of this season after making just 21 appearances, largely as a substitute, in the 2011/12 campaign.

Maxi has 12 months left on his contract, but appeared to wave goodbye to fans when he made his most recent Anfield appearance in the thrashing of Chelsea at the beginning of May.

After he was spotted in Rosario, it has been reported he had agreed a move to Newell's, but he insist this is not the case.

Fans' favourite Maxi told Ole newspaper: "I do not know where these things come from. I have one year left on my contract at Liverpool and did not talk to anybody."

The departure of former boss Kenny Dalglish and following appointment of Brendan Rodgers has given all fringe players at Liverpool a fresh chance.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:45 pm wrote:Maxi Rodriguez has dismissed reports he has left Liverpool following rumours he had joined Newell's Old Boys in his native Argentina.

The attack-minded midfielder was expected to leave Liverpool at the end of this season after making just 21 appearances, largely as a substitute, in the 2011/12 campaign.

Maxi has 12 months left on his contract, but appeared to wave goodbye to fans when he made his most recent Anfield appearance in the thrashing of Chelsea at the beginning of May.

After he was spotted in Rosario, it has been reported he had agreed a move to Newell's, but he insist this is not the case.

Fans' favourite Maxi told Ole newspaper: "I do not know where these things come from. I have one year left on my contract at Liverpool and did not talk to anybody."

The departure of former boss Kenny Dalglish and following appointment of Brendan Rodgers has given all fringe players at Liverpool a fresh chance.

Strange goings on afoot ,anyway I hope he stays his quick passing and invention could prove invaluable under Rodgers ....
On the other hand his lack of pressing could prove his undoing ,as Rodgers favours the pressing game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Good little player, when the mood takes him, which sadly isn’t often.
Spends the majority of his games being a passenger and, quite frankly, we can’t afford the luxury anymore.
I’d be happy for him to move on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Maxi Rodriguez looks set to leave Liverpool this summer after Newell's Old Boys revealed they have agreed a deal to bring the forward back to Argentina.

Rodriguez, who began his career at the club before joining Espanyol in 2002, made just 12 Premier League appearances for Liverpool last season.

Club secretary Pablo Morosano confirmed they were in regular contact with Rodriguez and were waiting for confirmation from Anfield.

"We are waiting for official news about the end of Maxi's link [with Liverpool]. There is ongoing contact and we have a contract agreed with him," Morosano told Ole. "But as long as his exit from Liverpool has not been settled, we cannot announce it."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:07 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:02 pm wrote:Maxi Rodriguez looks set to leave Liverpool this summer after Newell's Old Boys revealed they have agreed a deal to bring the forward back to Argentina.

Rodriguez, who began his career at the club before joining Espanyol in 2002, made just 12 Premier League appearances for Liverpool last season.

Club secretary Pablo Morosano confirmed they were in regular contact with Rodriguez and were waiting for confirmation from Anfield.

"We are waiting for official news about the end of Maxi's link [with Liverpool]. There is ongoing contact and we have a contract agreed with him," Morosano told Ole. "But as long as his exit from Liverpool has not been settled, we cannot announce it."

can't say i'm sorry to see him go. He's had a few nice moments, but has a habit of vanishing in matches and losing interest.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:13 pm

i would have thought that his style of play may have suited rodgers philosophy, thought he could have been a handy player to have around for at least another season while rodgers tries to get everyone playing in triangles etc, especially with all the europa, league cup and F.A cup fixtures to fulfill.
we need squad players. rodgers would have to be a loon to risk suarez or agger or someone of that ilk in a cup game after what was said in the aftermath of kenny going. infact lucas getting injured in the carling cup may have cost kenny his job, we were doing alright up to that point with some impressive performances against the bigger sides.
we`ve already lost kuyt, now maxi and probably carroll too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Just released on the offal that Maxi has signed for NOB. 

Thanks for your services Maxi we enjoyed having you, and good luck in Argentina.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:17 pm

thanks for your all efforts maxi mate, not to mention the goals!
ynwa
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Good luck to him - shame we didn't get him earlier in his career
Benny The Noon

Postby kartiek » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:24 pm

We could have definitely used Maxi. In all fairness, whenever he was played, he did well for us. Should've been played more and maybe that's why he left but that's the past.
kartiek

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:43 pm

I liked Maxi, feel the likes of Woy and Kenny didn't really know how to use him so he drifted away. Shame really as like Yossi on his day, Maxi had a lot to offer.

Good luck maxi lad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Best of luck to him, he was a good skin.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Wish him all the best, grossly under-used last season. Loved the song, shame won't hear it again.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Too often anonymous but good for a goal and improved after a fairly poor first half season.  Agree he was probably underused last season and may have been useful in Rodger's system as a squad man.

Just goes to show you never know whats going on behind the scenes... Just earlier today the official site posted quotes from Rodgers saying he was still hoping Maxi would be here this season... Few hours later he's gone.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 pm

bbc sport

Maxi Rodriguez leaves Liverpool for Newell's Old Boys in Argentina
Maxi Rodriguez has left Liverpool after two and a half years to return to his former club Newell's Old Boys in Argentina.

Midfielder Rodriguez, 31, arrived at Anfield from Atletico Madrid in January 2010, and scored 17 goals in 73 appearances for the Reds.

"I'm returning home with a suitcase full of great memories," said Rodriguez in an open letter to fans published on Liverpool's official website. 

"Thanks a lot for your support."

Maxi at Liverpool
Rodriguez scored seven goals in three games towards the end of 2010-11 season, including two hat-tricks against Birmingham and Fulham

Rodriguez had one year remaining on his contract, but Liverpool have not revealed whether there was a fee involved in his return to south America.

But his departure is a setback for manager Brendan Rodgers, who was keen to keep the Argentina international at the club.

Rodriguez, who began his career at Newell's Old Boys, only featured sporadically for Liverpool last season, scoring six times in 21 appearances in all competitons.

"Before signing for Liverpool, I just saw the club as one of the greatest institutions in football," added Roriguez in his open letter.

"After my time here I can confirm that this is not just a great club, but also a great family.

"I have tried to give everything every day that I was wearing the LFC crest. It has been a great honour to defend this shirt during two and a half years."

A statement on Liverpool's website read:  "Everyone at Liverpool FC would like to thank Maxi for his contribution to the club and wish him all the best for the future."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion