MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue May 10, 2011 11:11 am

We cost us a helluvalot of wages before he decided to get his finger out......  I hope this progress continues.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 10, 2011 11:14 am

Reg wrote:We cost us a helluvalot of wages before he decided to get his finger out......  I hope this progress continues.

you miserable old b@stard. 

However, I agree with ya.  :p
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue May 10, 2011 11:53 am

stmichael wrote:Yet another example of how having a decent man manager can ghet the best out of a player. Same for Mereiles and Spearing aswell.

I also think that the addition of Suarez is having a fruitful bearing on Maxi's form. The two link up very well and Suarez's movement creates a lot of space for Maxi and others to run into.

It will be interesting to see our formation when Carroll gets back and when new players arrive in the summer.

I hope we don't just hoof it up all the time.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 am

Maximiliano!!!!!! :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:54 am

Looks like Maxi wants to return home.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6990422,00.html

Id say if he wants to go, he can go.
mramo

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:01 pm

yeah i agree. given his age and his wages, he's one of the players who can easily be replaced. having said that, i'd be looking to get rid of joe cole before him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 pm

It doesnt make much sense getting rid of one of our best performers last season especialy when we are short on wide players as it is.
I dont think selling Maxi would generate any sort of income that could be anywhere near enough to bring in a replacement. Add to that the fact that we already need another option for the position and it seems illogical that we would allow him to move for cheap.

The wage issue is a bit of a problem and between him and Joe Cole we probably fork out more than we'd ideally like to. Having said that, it all comes down to how Kenny wants to set the side up for next season. If Henderson was brought in to play wide right then we'll probably be playing a 4-4-2 in which case I dont think either Maxi or Cole or even Kuyt for that matter are suitable.

As I said in another thread, its exciting that we're being linked to some good players, also exciting that we brought in an exciting prospect, but there seems to be a lack of direction about our transfer activity thus far which is a little worrying .
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:26 pm

its not getting rid, he's decided to leave and wants to join some team in argentina, according to ssn he has already informed the club.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Wish him all the luck if he leaves. Showed some fine magic in the end but luckily for us he might leave because It's going to go down hill quite quickly for a player of his age.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:45 pm

aCe' wrote:As I said in another thread, its exciting that we're being linked to some good players, also exciting that we brought in an exciting prospect, but there seems to be a lack of direction about our transfer activity thus far which is a little worrying .

It's not even July yet
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 pm

metalhead wrote:
aCe' wrote:As I said in another thread, its exciting that we're being linked to some good players, also exciting that we brought in an exciting prospect, but there seems to be a lack of direction about our transfer activity thus far which is a little worrying .

It's not even July yet

:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 am

Good-bye Maxi...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 am

Personally I think he'd be mad to leave now.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:36 am

aCe' wrote:It doesnt make much sense getting rid of one of our best performers last season

One of our best performers ?

Sure he did turn in some very good performances during the last quarter of the season but prior to that in most games he was involved in he was either ineffectual or just invisible.

If he wants too go we shouldn't stand in his way it's not as if he'd be difficult to replace.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:41 am

Reg wrote:Personally I think he'd be mad to leave now.

Not really
He is a fringe player who had a good end of season. He never looked comfortable or passionate enough for me and I say adios and buena suerte amigo
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion