MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mramo » Mon May 09, 2011 9:59 pm

I think Maxi logs onto this forum. That's another hattrick! 7 goals in 3 games.
mramo

Postby Bad Bob » Mon May 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Not such a waste of space anymore is he?  :D  Kind of reminds of Benayoun in the way he can just catch fire for a spell and pour in the goals.  I think we probably should hang on to him as part of the new South American-led Liverpool revival. :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 09, 2011 10:27 pm

i think Maxi has linked up well with Suarez well. Today they were always looking for each other's passes and it's clear that they work well together. 

Still don't rate him that highly tho  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm

I was in two minds about weather we should get rid of Cole or Maxi along with Jovanovic in the summer. I've made up my mind now :). I would like to give Cole a bit more time because of the reputation he has, but Maxi deserves to stay more and if we keep Cole and bring in that Marveaux and another winger, there just wont be any room for him. Not to mention the 90 000 Joe makes in a week...
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Pointless and useless.
Babel mark II

:blush:

:bowdown
Thommo's perm

Postby Zidane » Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

He's a very intelligent player, I don't see him being sold really he's a solid option to have in case of injuries and what not.
Zidane

Postby killerp » Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 am

Wow I saw Maxi as another waste of space..now he goes and makes me think he can be good if he puts in effort.

I guess it's KK working his magic
killerp

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 10, 2011 1:36 am

I've really criticized this bloke in the past and God he's making me eat humble pie, 7 goals in his last 3 games!!

He certainly knows where the onion bag is.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Tue May 10, 2011 1:50 am

I'm eating some humble pie myself right now. Thought this poacher was dead a long time ago.

:D
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Tue May 10, 2011 2:15 am

He's only 30 and imo was solid last season, was good for a short spell early in the season then had a big dip in form but is playing great at the moment. 10 goals this year, not a bad return. Still has a couple good seasons left in him.
Zidane

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue May 10, 2011 6:39 am

I would have sold him too, definitely not now though.

Like with Spearing it just shows what a regular run in the side can do, some of these players we doubted are good enough, they just need a manager with patience and the guts to give them a try.

Just one thing Maxi, that's 2 hat tricks, 2 top performances, 2 late substitutions for the fans to show their appreciation - give us a wave back please mate?
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue May 10, 2011 7:22 am

Fast becoming another King Kenny Renaissance success story, full credit to the guy for stepping up
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue May 10, 2011 9:37 am

Johnny Boy wrote:I would have sold him too, definitely not now though.

Like with Spearing it just shows what a regular run in the side can do, some of these players we doubted are good enough, they just need a manager with patience and the guts to give them a try.

Just one thing Maxi, that's 2 hat tricks, 2 top performances, 2 late substitutions for the fans to show their appreciation - give us a wave back please mate?

He did clap the fans mate, at the end as he was walking off he held the ball up to the fans clapped and waved to them.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue May 10, 2011 10:34 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:I would have sold him too, definitely not now though.

He did clap the fans mate, at the end as he was walking off he held the ball up to the fans clapped and waved to them.

yeah I saw that mate, I am not sure he quite understands though that he was substituted so he could get an ovation.
When he was actually sub'd at the Birmingham game and last night it was only as he reached the touchline that he clapped back.

Probably daft me going on about it, he can ignore us every time if he keeps scoring! Just to think I wanted shut of him.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 am

Yet another example of how having a decent man manager can ghet the best out of a player. Same for Mereiles and Spearing aswell.

I also think that the addition of Suarez is having a fruitful bearing on Maxi's form. The two link up very well and Suarez's movement creates a lot of space for Maxi and others to run into.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion