MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:37 am

He is better than Cole on current form.  bad miss yesterday though.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am

Look at it objectively, we lost because we got played off the park by a superb attacking Spurs team. Yup, Maxi & Torres missed 3 chances between them. But that's cancelled out by the 2 clearances on the line and Defoe's penalty miss. And they still got the 2 goals in as well. Heard we may be considering a bid for Nico Krancjar. I think he's a pretty decent player, but woe is the day when we scramble to get Spurs rejects....
alxy

Postby alxy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 am

Looking at it from another angle, a year ago we lost 2-1 as well. But then we were the favorites and the result was a shock win for Spurs. Yesterday, Spurs were the clear favorites and the result was more or less expected. In Oct 08, Spurs were bottom of the league, and we were on our way to 2nd place. Fast forward 2 years on.... well....................
alxy

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:52 am

It's not the first time he's fluffed such an opportunity. He had a good game yesterday but his "miss" bordered on the criminal.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 am

alxy wrote:Look at it objectively, we lost because we got played off the park by a superb attacking Spurs team. Yup, Maxi & Torres missed 3 chances between them. But that's cancelled out by the 2 clearances on the line and Defoe's penalty miss. And they still got the 2 goals in as well. Heard we may be considering a bid for Nico Krancjar. I think he's a pretty decent player, but woe is the day when we scramble to get Spurs rejects....

Sorry but i dont think anything of the sort happened, up until they scored in injury time it was end to end, and we controlled the first half so to say they played us off the park is a disrespect to the lads and Roy who in my eyes got it right but where extremely unlucky on the back of a performance that would have seen us comfortably win the game on another day
burjennio

Postby mart » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:31 pm

andy_g wrote:he's a player who has evolved from 'probably not good enough' to 'regularly excellent player'.... and weirdly all under that clueless old pensioner hodgson's regime. :O

i'm loving the way that him and torres are playing together though. there seems to be a genuine understanding between them that really must start to click properly very soon.

He will most likely lose his spot to cole once he is fit.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:56 pm

I'd like to see Maxi play up front with Torres once Cole gets back
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby akumaface » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:45 pm

The question is we don't have much speed in our team especially on the flank. So, if given the chance, are you going to reply Maxi or Kuyt? Personally, I would replace Maxi concerning all factors aside but we can only afford either him or Kuyt but not both if we are going to be more competitive. So, if we can find a speedy winger, we might have to alternate him and Kuyt. Good form recently but he really doesn't offer much defensively. In a good team he should be a bench player but i would rather given the chance to Pacheco.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby worcester_red » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I'd like to see Maxi play up front with Torres once Cole gets back

I'd like to see him taught how to play football, specifically the shooting part. He is utter garbage in my eyes and along with Konchesky needs booting out of the club asap.
worcester_red

Postby alxy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:44 am

burjennio wrote:
alxy wrote:Look at it objectively, we lost because we got played off the park by a superb attacking Spurs team. Yup, Maxi & Torres missed 3 chances between them. But that's cancelled out by the 2 clearances on the line and Defoe's penalty miss. And they still got the 2 goals in as well. Heard we may be considering a bid for Nico Krancjar. I think he's a pretty decent player, but woe is the day when we scramble to get Spurs rejects....

Sorry but i dont think anything of the sort happened, up until they scored in injury time it was end to end, and we controlled the first half so to say they played us off the park is a disrespect to the lads and Roy who in my eyes got it right but where extremely unlucky on the back of a performance that would have seen us comfortably win the game on another day

Yes, we did have a good spell in the first half, but after that every time Spurs attacked we looked in danger of conceding. The only thing that kept us going was that our defence for once looked solid. But even so, it wasn't calm collected defending, but more like last minute panic clearances.

Wonder why just about every top team has good fast paced wingers who can actually cross the ball, and we don't?
alxy

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:23 pm

alxy wrote:Wonder why just about every top team has good fast paced wingers who can actually cross the ball, and we don't?

Easy - Because they are very expensive and we have had no money for the past 3 years!

Also - Benitiez builds his sides using hard working players rather than flair players, nothing wrong with that, but a bit of balance would be nice!

On Football Manager its a bit easy to splash the cash on some amazing winger COZ ITS NOT REAL - Its a bit harder in the real world!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 pm

worcester red's comments are a disgrace imo. how can you justifiably say that maxi is "garbage"?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:14 pm

stmichael wrote:worcester red's comments are a disgrace imo. how can you justifiably say that maxi is "garbage"?

Agreed, he has been doing really well in the last couple of games.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Remember we thought Maxi had turned a corner and started to play like the player we knew from Athletico and Argentina? Seems a long time ago now dunnit! He is consistently our worst attacking player and that for me is unforgivable for a man with his ability. Get your act together Rodriguez ffs
burjennio

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:44 pm

absolutely muck again today,needs to be dropped pronto. anonymous for 90 minutes:( dreadful
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion