MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Hes a good player, would be a big improvement on Luyt down the right....

Which rules out the possibility of Rafa being in for him...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Surely if we are competing against Boca Juniors for his signature it'll be a no brainer for Maxi....??? Lure of EPL, his mates already here, wages (we must pay more than Boca)

Please sign Maxi. Surely AM must be interested in one of our haddy players like Babel, Dossena, Voronin or Degen in some kind of swap deal :(
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:01 pm

but at Boca he would be in his home country and likely treated like a demigod
JoeTerp

Postby Fauxy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Waldo wrote:Surely if we are competing against Boca Juniors for his signature it'll be a no brainer for Maxi....??? Lure of EPL, his mates already here, wages (we must pay more than Boca)

Please sign Maxi. Surely AM must be interested in one of our haddy players like Babel, Dossena, Voronin or Degen in some kind of swap deal :(

Playing for Boca Juniors means playing in his home country; Maradonna will have a much easier view on him if he plays in Argentina so more chance to get into his world cup squad.
Fauxy

Postby Waldo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Fauxy wrote:
Waldo wrote:Surely if we are competing against Boca Juniors for his signature it'll be a no brainer for Maxi....??? Lure of EPL, his mates already here, wages (we must pay more than Boca)

Playing for Boca Juniors means playing in his home country; Maradonna will have a much easier view on him if he plays in Argentina so more chance to get into his world cup squad.

Fair point! Suppose if his only interest in the short-term if a place in the Argy EC squad then Boca are absolutely in the driving seat.

OK Rafa, focus al your efforts on this greek RB, VDV and Arda Turan and forget about Maxi.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Why in gods name would Maxi want to come here , with the manager we've got . No chance , not if he's got any sense.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Snake » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:44 pm

From Sport.co.uk:

Sport.co.uk understands Liverpool are a step closer to securing the signing of Atletico Madrid winger Maxi Rodriguez on an initial short-term loan agreement. The Argentine international has his heart set on a move to Anfield and is a stage closer to a move to Liverpool the player’s agent has revealed.

Speaking to Sport.co.uk, the 29-year-old’s agent Jurgen Milewski made clear that talks were ongoing and that the chances of a January switch to Merseyside were indeed high:

“No. There is no news currently at present. But I can say the chances of a transfer are high,” stated the representative.   

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez was reportedly worried that Argentine club Boca Juniors were interested in the playmaker’s services, however the Reds look set to win the race to sign the talented midfielder.

A deal to sign the former Espanyol player could be completed as soon as tomorrow morning with Benitez keen to replenish his dejected and out of form squad. Reports in Spain suggest Rodriguez was so desperate to engineer a move to Liverpool he was willing to take a large pay cut on his 4.4 million euros a year wages. 

It has not been confirmed whether Rodriguez will move on a short-term loan move to Liverpool or a permanent deal. The majority of reports suggest the Argentine will initially move on a loan deal that will become permanent in the summer transfer window.

The bold part drew a smile on me :P
Snake

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:45 pm

I'll take a pay cut: Argentina ace Maxi Rodriguez desperate for Liverpool switch

Maxi Rodriguez is willing to take a pay cut to seal a move to Liverpool.

The Atletico Madrid midfielder wants to play regular first-team football to cement his place in Argentina's World Cup squad.

The 29-year-old, who has also been linked with Boca Juniors and Juventus, is out of contract at the end of the season but, according to Spanish newspaper AS, will lower his £4.4million-a-year wage demands to secure a short-term move.

Rodruiguez is close friends with Reds midfielder and countryman Javier Mascherano but manager Rafa Benitez needs to sell before he can splash out with Andrea Dossena or Andriy Voronin the most likely to head for the Anfield exit.

from The Mail
Last edited by tubby on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Snake » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:35 pm

The only thing that worries me is Juventus, as they too are in need of a midfielder after Camoranesi's injury. If Juventus are to compete with us, they will certainly have the upper hand financially.
Snake

Postby jay-jay » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:58 pm

I really hope Maxi will not go to Juve, it's a very good player, quick and with a good technic. I think he can be a good solution to give assists for Torres, Kuyt or Voronin.
"I will not tolerate losers. I will not accept failure." - Randy Orton

jay-jay

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 am

jay-jay wrote:I really hope Maxi will not go to Juve, it's a very good player, quick and with a good technic. I think he can be a good solution to give assists for Torres, Kuyt or Voronin.

You were doing so well there, until the end.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:16 am

bavlondon wrote:I'll take a pay cut: Argentina ace Maxi Rodriguez desperate for Liverpool switch

Maxi Rodriguez is willing to take a pay cut to seal a move to Liverpool.

The Atletico Madrid midfielder wants to play regular first-team football to cement his place in Argentina's World Cup squad.

The 29-year-old, who has also been linked with Boca Juniors and Juventus, is out of contract at the end of the season but, according to Spanish newspaper AS, will lower his £4.4million-a-year wage demands to secure a short-term move.

Rodruiguez is close friends with Reds midfielder and countryman Javier Mascherano but manager Rafa Benitez needs to sell before he can splash out with Andrea Dossena or Andriy Voronin the most likely to head for the Anfield exit.

from The Mail

Read that alright.
Allegedly he's a lazy player though, doesn't track back, he's not quick....so, eh, why does Rafa want somebody like that ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby anti-hero » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:20 am

if he's a winger than its a go for me. i love riera and kuyt but i'd rather have a natural player at that position. here's to waiting if he can knock another one from the edge of the box like that goal against mexico. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:50 am

I would be very happy if we get Rodriguez as have seen him play before and looks a real class act. Lets hope Benitez can get something signed and sealed for him as i believe he would be a great addition. Definitely looks awesome on this compilation video
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Snake » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Seems like the deal's gonna be done on Thursday according to goal.com and The Mirror:
The Mirror reports that Liverpool are on track to wrap up the signing of Maxi Rodriguez from Atletico Madrid by Thursday.

The Argentine wide-man's future at the Vicente Calderon has been a source of speculation since Antonio Lopez succeeded him as club captain last year.

The former Espanyol star has made nine league starts this season out of a possible 16, and it is understood that he is eager to move elsewhere in order to push his claim for a spot at the World Cup.

Anfield has long been considered a potential destination for Maxi, due the Reds' perceived lack of wide options and Rafael Benitez's preference for hard-working players.

As the 29-year-old's contract expires in the summer and he looks unlikely to extend his stay in the Spanish capital, Atleti are eager to secure a permanent transfer as soon as possible.

However, Liverpool are reportedly set on a short-term loan deal, with a view to signing 'La Fiera' on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Furthermore, it is claimed that Rodriguez will take a cut on his current wages - alleged to be in the region of £85,000 per week - in order to help the move go through.
Snake

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion