MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:53 am

He played well last few matches , in fact he played better than DK ( as RM ) .... what happen if DK come back ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Simari » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:23 am

If DK comes back, we will have options on the bench either way. Ngog and Jova coming off the bench are the only attcking options at the moment. Having Maxi or DK as an extra option on the bench can only be good news.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:48 am

I think M.Rod is more suited to the support striker role at this stage of his career. As a winger, he falls short (if we are to be among the top teams in this country).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:56 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:He played well last few matches , in fact he played better than DK ( as RM ) .... what happen if DK come back ?

Drop Joe Cole?
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:02 pm

it's nice to see him playing a bit better, but he's not good enough for our squad. He drifts in and out of matches and is a shadow of the player he was before his injuries. I'd ship out in Jan and bring in a right winger ASAP.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:07 pm

I have said for a while now he would be better suited to supporting Torres up front and letting Gerrard play the flank
very inventive player that as we seen yesterday links well with Torres ...... its not rocket science Athletico reaped dividends playing this way
its there for all to see the understanding they have together
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Lucas on Maxi Liverpool Echo 1st/11th/2010

Lucas hails  Rodriguez’s transformation from bit-part performer into a Liverpool match winner – as Joe Cole braced himself for a 10 day lay-off.

Cole hobbled out of yesterday’s 1-0 triumph over Bolton at The Reebok Stadium and his hamstring injury was the only blip on an encouraging day for the Reds.

The England international will have a scan today to determine the full extent of the damage he sustained but it is expected he will miss the next three games against Napoli, Chelsea and Wigan.

Liverpool, at least, head into that sequence with their confidence boosted following Rodriguez’s dramatic late intervention – he scored in the 86th minute of a scrappy game to give his side just their second away Premier League success of 2010.

Rodriguez also scored in the other – a 4-0 thrashing of Burnley in April – but his performance against Bolton suggested he has finally got to grips with the English game and Lucas believes the Argentine midfielder is showing why he will become a big asset for Liverpool.

“Everyone can see we are improving all the time,” said Lucas. “It was a difficult game, they had two big strikers and fired in long balls but we tried to play our game.

“Maxi scored a goal like (Brazil legend) Romario used to. I told him in the dressing room that it was a nice goal and an important one that will give us a lot of confidence.

“He is a very intelligent player. He is not so big, so he has to play in the space. He finds it hard to fight (physically) but he has got great technique.

“Players like him always help the team. We still have to improve a lot but we are going the right way. Every game we are playing better.”

Three points was enough to catapult Liverpool out of the relegation zone and up to twelfth place and they are now just three points behind Tottenham Hotspur.

Slowly but surely Liverpool are giving signs that they are clicking into a rhythm and Lucas – who was outstanding yesterday – believes Roy Hodgson’s men can make further ground in the coming weeks.

“Looking back, I still don’t think we played as badly at Everton as the score suggested – we had chances but we couldn’t take them,” said Lucas.

“But the last two performances have been much more like it. Everyone wants to play really well and the understanding between the players is getting better.

“Hopefully we will keep the same attitude and get some more victories in the next few weeks. We were never panicking about the situation.

“We knew we were under pressure because we have been at the bottom of the league but the only thing we can do is keep winning and have the confidence to keep going.”
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Can someone educate me? I thought Maxi was a poor poor signing, and yesterdays game is the first time hes played even half decent
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:Can someone educate me? I thought Maxi was a poor poor signing, and yesterdays game is the first time hes played even half decent

No Daws Maxi is an Argentine international who when given a licence to push forward can be exceptional ,I still however believe his best position would be up front with Torres ....
as for him only recently playing half decent with the stagnant performances of the team ...who isn't guilty of that
no player has shined albeit from Soto
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:53 pm

dawson99 wrote:Can someone educate me? I thought Maxi was a poor poor signing, and yesterdays game is the first time hes played even half decent

when the team actually passes the ball and moves off it he's looked decent. unfortunately those days are few and far between at the moment which is probably why you haven't noticed him much. he certainly goes missing away from home far too often as he's extremely lightweight and gets pushed off the ball far too easily.

he's clearly technically good though. just watch the overhead kick yesterday just before he scored. hopefully the goal will give him some confidence to put in a run of decent perfromances now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:54 pm

aha, one day we'll buy someone and play them in the right place, hes like an old mereles yeah?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

No Daws Maxi is an Argentine international who when given a licence to push forward can be exceptional ,I still however believe his best position would be up front with Torres ....
as for him only recently playing half decent with the stagnant performances of the team ...who isn't guilty of that
no player has shined albeit from Soto

so that's s selection dilemma isnt it? because when Kuyt comes back, there'll be 7 (Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt, Cole, Torres, Maxi and Lucas) vying for 6 spots. who would you drop and why?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Raoul » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:18 pm

I think you'd drop Cole. Either that or put Gerrard back in the centre with Merierles with Cole in the hole.

Why? Because Cole has been poor out on the left, but I think he'd offer more centrally. So move him and readjust others positions (Gerrard in the middle with Mereiles sounds fine to me) or bench him because he isn't earning his place right now, and I think Lucas is just about.
Last edited by Raoul on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:20 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:so that's s selection dilemma isnt it? because when Kuyt comes back, there'll be 7 (Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt, Cole, Torres, Maxi and Lucas) vying for 6 spots. who would you drop and why?

Well lets say on current displays Maxi ,Lucas ,Meireles are virtually shoe ins then we have Torres who given our lack of world class talent up front that would make him  equally as assured of a starting berth ... Cole would be dropped not been anywhere near as good as he can be ....and then I would swap Gerrard with maxi on the right allowing Torres to play with a player he is familiar with and that would leave Kuyt waiting in the wings to replace either Gerrard or a striker
Meireles stays in the middle with lucas ...... and thats how I personally believe that particular conundrum can be solved
Plain enough ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:13 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:so that's s selection dilemma isnt it? because when Kuyt comes back, there'll be 7 (Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt, Cole, Torres, Maxi and Lucas) vying for 6 spots. who would you drop and why?

Well lets say on current displays Maxi ,Lucas ,Meireles are virtually shoe ins then we have Torres who given our lack of world class talent up front that would make him  equally as assured of a starting berth ... Cole would be dropped not been anywhere near as good as he can be ....and then I would swap Gerrard with maxi on the right allowing Torres to play with a player he is familiar with and that would leave Kuyt waiting in the wings to replace either Gerrard or a striker
Meireles stays in the middle with lucas ...... and thats how I personally believe that particular conundrum can be solved
Plain enough ?

im under the impression based on previous seasons that Gerrard and Torres themselves do have familiarity with each other.

and when Cole is dropped, there wont be anyone on the left.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion