MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:07 am

stmichael wrote:like a different player yesterday. hardly surprising that when the team actually starts to play some football he excels.

Stood out for me Mike , he  was great
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:08 am

Agreed. Best game he's had in the LFC colours. Missed a sitter though ???
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Made the difference for me ...excellent display a few nice link ups with Torres put the grace back into Torres game ....
Yesterday we could see why our Striker is one of the classiest around, and Rodriguez made that possible
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:28 pm

It's important he gets a run in the team now and see how he gets on.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:It's important he gets a run in the team now and see how he gets on.

I think he will at least until Kuyt's back anyway (should be in about a month I read somewhere). Hopefully in the meantime Maxi can push on from yesterday.
JamCar05

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Finally he is starting to play like the Maxi we all know.

Good game today, two moments

1. When he flicked a nice ball to Gerrard and then it ended up for him attempting a scissor kick which almost went in!

2. When he scored the goal

Keep up the good work Maximiliano! :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:40 pm

metalhead wrote:Finally he is starting to play like the Maxi we all know.

Good game today, two moments

1. When he flicked a nice ball to Gerrard and then it ended up for him attempting a scissor kick which almost went in!

2. When he scored the goal

Keep up the good work Maximiliano! :buttrock

man, if you think he is playing good now, i think you have never seen him playing at his best...he is just a bad copy of he used to be, even in days like today. he always works hard though and it is fair to recognize it, but that is not enough, or must not be enough to play in liverpool fc.
f9Torres

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:42 pm

From where I was sittign today I thought that overhead he done was going in. The guy has great technique but yeah as said above he is a shadow of his former self. Had we had him say 4/5 years ago he would have been a monster of a player. His form is hot and cold at times but he has a good work ethic so I think he should at the very least be used in rotation or as an impact sub.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:43 pm

He was always a really good player, a type of player who would add some quality into the team with his passing and intelligence. He never was the fastest player, or the best dribbler, but he does enough in terms of passing and scoring goals. Last week against Blackburn, I saw him play at his best, like he did with Atletico ( I watch alot of Spanish La Liga, as one of my best mates is a Real Madrid supporter) and today he wasn't like last week, but he still did really well, and showed some intelligence and passing in his play.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:01 am

metalhead wrote:He was always a really good player, a type of player who would add some quality into the team with his passing and intelligence. He never was the fastest player, or the best dribbler, but he does enough in terms of passing and scoring goals. Last week against Blackburn, I saw him play at his best, like he did with Atletico ( I watch alot of Spanish La Liga, as one of my best mates is a Real Madrid supporter) and today he wasn't like last week, but he still did really well, and showed some intelligence and passing in his play.

he has always been intelligent, probably his best skill is to run to the free space what used to make him score many goals. he is being used in the midefield just to be an associatived player with another midfielders. right, he can do that, but he is not a good player doing it, he cant do it in just a touch or quick, what is the thing that really midfielders need...the difference of barcelona with another team, or one of the most important ones, is how fast and how many precision they get in their passes. of course he can do what he is already doing. but i repeat, that is not enough for a team like liverpool. and yeah, he never was the fastest or the more technical player but he still was much more physical than he is now.
f9Torres

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:04 am

I think it depends on the players around him to get the best out of him. Also, Its difficult to have that same space in the English League than in La Liga. usually, english teams would press more often do spanish teams.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:07 am

MH - he's been banging in the goals in the PL for the past few seasons....until this season. This year, he looks less ar.sed then ever...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:08 am

bunglemark2 wrote:MH - he's been banging in the goals in the PL for the past few seasons....until this season. This year, he looks less ar.sed then ever...

who? :D 

we just signed him in Jan :p
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:09 am

metalhead wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:MH - he's been banging in the goals in the PL for the past few seasons....until this season. This year, he looks less ar.sed then ever...

who? :D 

we just signed him in Jan :p

Wrong thread - it was meant for the Torres one...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:09 am

:laugh: .....
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion