MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:25 am

Dundalk wrote:Come in No17 your time is up

Can someone tell me what this guy brings to the team?

Surely he cant start the next game....

Not suited to our style of play, good player in Europe
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:27 am

Oh my so maxi is this years "lucas"?
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:26 am

He's a good player, gets in the Argentinian World Cup team, but he isn't suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premiership unfortunately. He isn't the new Lucas, he's the new Morientes I'm afraid and Roy will get no defence on here from me if he continues to play him. We should shuffle him out of the door at the first opportunity.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:12 am

Offers nothing
Get rid
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:01 pm

he was a greta player 5 years ago, but he's a shadow in our team and vanishes the moment the spotlight hits him.

Roy tried to get rid of him in the summer, but no club will pay us anything for him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Has done absolutely b'ugger all of any note since the minute he arrived. Even with Kuyt out surely we've got better options than him at RM ? Cole, Babel ? christ sake even Glen Johnson at RM (stick Kelly at RB) would be an improvement.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:31 pm

the wide areas in general are a farce. have been for years.

to be honest i can't defend his last two performances which have quite frankly been abysmal. the ease with which he gets knocked off the ball is a joke.

i actually think he's got some talent but he'll never thrive the way the team is currently set up anyway. he's a pass and move player but the movement in the side is non-existent most of the time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:38 pm

I still think his best position would be in support of Torres up front ...definitely not suited to  the role of winger ...
I have to agree with St Mike in regards to him being a quality player who excels when the team is set up to retain possession ,however when the team is playing as a whole this badly  he becomes the proverbial white elephant
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Were was Maxi even playing yesterday?  i wonder if he had orders not to play out wide cos johnson was the only man out there.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:48 pm

jacdaniel wrote:Were was Maxi even playing yesterday?  i wonder if he had orders not to play out wide cos johnson was the only man out there.

He was on the halfway line most of the game having a w@nk.

Lazy as hell, I cant remember him tracking back to help Johnson defend once!

His heart is certainly not in the club. His Argentinian mates have both fecked off and now he doesnt give a damn
Fauxy

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 am

Maxi should be shipped out, he's useless most of the time, can't get pasy anyone and does not track back at all, what a pr!ck.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:11 am

stmichael wrote:the wide areas in general are a farce. have been for years.

to be honest i can't defend his last two performances which have quite frankly been abysmal. the ease with which he gets knocked off the ball is a joke.

i actually think he's got some talent but he'll never thrive the way the team is currently set up anyway. he's a pass and move player but the movement in the side is non-existent most of the time.

Agreed, despite the owners we have spent money on players and we have not addressed the wide positions at all.
It's beyond a joke now - yesterday was a prime example.

As for Maxi, he is an average player at best, not suited to Premier League at all.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:14 am

which manager bought maxi lucas and babbel and saw potential in them enough said.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:16 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I still think his best position would be in support of Torres up front ...definitely not suited to  the role of winger ...
I have to agree with St Mike in regards to him being a quality player who excels when the team is set up to retain possession ,however when the team is playing as a whole this badly  he becomes the proverbial white elephant

Hmmm 2nd striker. That could be interesting. I don't buy into this bulshit that Roy is still assessing players. He seems to have a preferred 11 in his head which he keeps selecting and contrary to what he kept saying a few weeks ago - is limiting opportunities for "fringe" players. This I'd have no problem with, except we're not exactly in hot form so now would be the time to try a few different players and surprising ideas (as if!)

Also, with sammy whispering in his ear, I can see similarities with the stubbornness of rafa continually picking players beforming below par last season. I think Roy has his favourites and the others won't get much chance. Fair enough Roy, but don't make out you're blind and have no idea how good every player is as an excuse for results.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am

like a different player yesterday. hardly surprising that when the team actually starts to play some football he excels.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion