Maureen - Talking about us again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:23 am

from sky sports

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has claimed Liverpool are just a one trick pony as all they can do is defend.

The Reds recently kept an impressive 10 consecutive clean sheets in The Premiership prior to conceding against Everton, but it is not their ability to protect their goal that has the Portuguese tactician flustered.

Mourinho believes it is difficult to hit the back of the net against teams utilising Liverpool's style and that you have to out-think your opponents rather than playing with your heart.

"In fact they defend very well," explained Mourinho, "But they offer nothing else other than that.

"It is very difficult to score goals when you take on a team playing with that style.

"If you are playing that sort of team you have to do it with your head. You have to take your heart out and place it to one side.

"If you play with your heart it is practically impossible to get past their defence.

"And by playing that way, they create a good number of chances and get at you on the counter-attack."

Liverpool will have the chance to exact revenge for their 4-1 thumping by The Blues at Anfield when they travel to Chelsea on February 5, live on Sky Sports 1.

c.ock
112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:30 am

It's funny, over Xmas (and few beers) I was saying Maurenn was a one trick pony.
He plays the same formation, same style every single game.
His only tactic is to do a like-forlike substitution. OK, the odd time he'll put two up front.
But when has anyone said that he has done something tactically that has won a game.
This is why I think he'll have problems in Europe as he will come across more tactically aware managers.
Mareen is like a spoilt child and is best ignored, but the media love him.
People say that he takes the heat off the players by doing this but I disagree.
The man is on one ego trip and is mentally imbalanced.
I would be amazed if he was still in the game in 15 years.

Special One my ar.se, special needs more like!!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:37 am

He still can't get over the fact that we beat his expensively assembled Chelsea in the CL and will never admit that we would have won the Carling Cup final but for that unfortunate Gerrard own goal.

Deep down, he knows that Benitez can fashion a formidable team with a fraction of his budget and he knows that for a man who won 2 La Liga titles and the UEFA Cup on a budget against the financial juggernaut of Real Madrid and Barcelona, Benitez is a formidable opposing manager. Benitez does not get engaged in his mind games so there is nothing to reply to or no quarrels beacuse benitez simply does not respond.

With Wenger it is different, there is pure loathing from both sides - Wenger hates to compete against  what he believes as "unequal terms" as Chelsea is spending beyond their turnover due to the Russion owner's money, much like what he faced at Monaco against Marseille. Wenger does not really respect him, so he says things to spite Wenger, who does respond to Maureen's taunts.

Just do what Rafa does and ignore him.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:41 am

Music to my ears, he obviously views us as the biggest threat over next few seasons
So i guess we will just continue to put up with this physco babble
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:48 am

He does talk too much.. I dont know in what context he said those words...but I would take it as a compliment and move on.

Chelsea does all that he is saying in fact. They score mostly on counter attack in 2nd half.

What :censored: is he talking.
hobbes

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:50 am

laza wrote:Music to my ears, he obviously views us as the biggest threat over next few seasons
So i guess we will just continue to put up with this physco babble

Ditto
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:53 am

he seems obsessed with us, like you say, he knows where the threat is coming from and rafa is a genius just ignoring it and not getting dragged into a slanging match with him like wenger and Sir Red Nose
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:54 am

everyone says he is the king of the mind games, but everyone knows hes just an idiot now. couldnt care less what he says about us to be honest, the guys an eejit
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:13 pm

He's scared and definitely a coward! .....and stupid. :p
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:17 pm

Monumentally stupid.

Delusions of grandeur is a syptom of tertiary syphillis...do you think Jose might have have been hanging out with the wrong pussy cats?

I can't stand the egotistical maniac.  ???

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:00 pm

He knows deep down we have better fans, a better history and most importantly a better manager!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:08 pm

He's worry about Liverpool . That's is a good sign :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:08 pm

peewee wrote:from sky sports

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has claimed Liverpool are just a one trick pony as all they can do is defend.

The Reds recently kept an impressive 10 consecutive clean sheets in The Premiership prior to conceding against Everton, but it is not their ability to protect their goal that has the Portuguese tactician flustered.

Mourinho believes it is difficult to hit the back of the net against teams utilising Liverpool's style and that you have to out-think your opponents rather than playing with your heart.

"In fact they defend very well," explained Mourinho, "But they offer nothing else other than that.

"It is very difficult to score goals when you take on a team playing with that style.

"If you are playing that sort of team you have to do it with your head. You have to take your heart out and place it to one side.

"If you play with your heart it is practically impossible to get past their defence.

"And by playing that way, they create a good number of chances and get at you on the counter-attack."

Liverpool will have the chance to exact revenge for their 4-1 thumping by The Blues at Anfield when they travel to Chelsea on February 5, live on Sky Sports 1.

c.ock

we just defend? :laugh:

yeah because chelsea are so multi-dimensional aren't they? they literally took my breath away when they had to rely on terry to beat the superpowers that are middlesbrough and wigan. also, when they beat wigan away, man city and arsenal at home, i thought they were fantastic to watch. ???

the guy's scared of us, simple as.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:01 pm

Spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THat's why you didn't beat us in the CL, because you have no head.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:09 pm

The absolute best bit about all of it is that Rafa never ever responds. Unlike Wenger and Bells breath, he just keeps his own council. I think that does Maureens head in more than anything else and it's a superb piece of phsycology.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion