Maureen sticking his nose in.. again! - But does he have a point?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:06 am

Jose Mourinho believes that Michael Owen and Newcastle United are a perfect match.

The wobbling table-toppers welcome United to Stamford Bridge on Saturday and Mourinho is mindful of the threat that the England striker could potentially pose.

Owen has experienced a personal renaissance since returning from Real Madrid, with his two goals against Argentina on Saturday capping a fantastic start to the campaign.

In all competition, Owen has now notched seven goals in his last eight games, a return which has prompted the Chelsea manager to praise Newcastle for bringing the former Liverpool marksman back to The Premiership.

"Michael Owen and Newcastle were major protagonists in the transfer window and the scenario was perfect for both of them," he said.

"A Real Madrid striker who was also an important player and automatic choice for the English national team. His previous club, Liverpool, in the picture and Newcastle in search of success.

"Newcastle bought him for £17 million and there were 20,000 fans there, going mad at his unveiling. Everything was perfect.

"Also, because they were in the market for Owen, they were also able to sign Albert Luque from Deportivo La Coruna, another great player. Those signings showed the potential of the club and the ambition of their dealings."

The controversial Portuguese coach then went on to express his bewilderment at Liverpool's lack of enthusiasm in trying to woo Owen back to Anfield, as he continued: "Liverpool waited until the last available minute to conclude their summer deals.

"I recognise that Chelsea’s economic power puts us in a privileged position. But, as I believe in structure and organisation, I find it difficult to understand that type of desperate dealing."

Meanwhile, Chelsea are reportedly lining up a £12 million bid for Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt.

It is said that the club's director of youth development, Frank Arnesen, has already spoken to the 25-year-old about a possible move to West London as a possible replacement for the troubled Hernan Crespo.

From SSN

Looks like hes poking his nose in but does he have a point.

1.  Should we have broke the bank for Micheal Owen
2.  If not should we have bought our suppose target Dirk Kuyt before someone else beat us to it?
3.  Do we really need another striker with the talent we have? ???  Will they cut in the premiership
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:30 am

I think it is a bit of a cheap shot aimed at Rafa and our club.
He is a bitter man after the semi final exit, and for him to question the way we conduct our business is out of order and totally uncalled for.

I am sure that Rafa would of planned as far ahead as Mourinho with regards to signing players if he had as much money as he wanted.
He left it until the last minute because he had no option.
But in answer to your questions.

1. No we shouldnt, Owen let the situation arise by letting his contract run down and leaving for a ridiculously low fee, to sign him back for double...when we have limited funds would of been wrong.
2. Maybe, but again the lack of money available and the glaringly obvious lack of cover in other areas meant that rafa had his hands tied regarding major transfers.
3. I think we definately need another striker, none of our strikers have proved they will do the business long term.
There are other positions that need sorting first though, and given that there is a month and a half until the transfer window is open anyway hopefully the strikers can start getting the goals.
To be fair there have been some encouraging signs the last few weeks, so hopefully i can be proved wrong on that front.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:34 am

The man is a whopper!!!

But he does have a point with this remark

''Liverpool waited until the last available minute to conclude their summer deals.''
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:38 am

This is nothing but another "should we have got MO thread", and quite frankly no i dont. Im quite happy with the way the squad is progressing. When Rafa managers to get his team working to his preferred system Valencia were unbeatable for 2 years until he left. Id like to see the same thing happen here and negative talklike this is not going to help. Although were not winning every single match 3-0 we are showing major signs of improvment like our away form changing. We are also continuing a string of unbeaten matches in Europe which i hope wont end for a long time. I think the only person in the squad who is next to finally fit in with Rafas plan is Crouch and no doubt his performance against England which technically enable Owen to win the game for us will perhaps give him the final push to score against Portsmouth this weekend should he figure in ther game.

People can say you should have bought this and should have bought that but ill give you an example. Porto didnt buy :censored: all players, one of the few time yourll hear me say it but Mourinho made them play like a team like WE played last year when we went all the way to lift the trophey. In my opinion we already have one of the most well balanced and at the same time experienced striking forces in Europe.

And no we dont need another striker. People forget that Luis Garcia someimes plays as a striker. Although i have heard us to be linked with Riki of Getafe i don see him coming unless one of our current striker leave.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:40 am

Maureens going to put a bid in for Dirk Kuijt  :angry:
I knew we should have signed him in the summer, if he has any sense he will tell Chelsea to p#ss off, and hopefully come to us.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:49 am

Who gives a :censored: what Mr El Biggo :censored: ego has to say, stoking the fires before our CL game next week, :censored: us up twice trying to poach our best player away from us, that took weeks of sorting out twice, media whore.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:55 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:media whore.

Brilliant description of Moanrinho !! :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:56 am

bavlondon wrote:This is nothing but another "should we have got MO thread", and quite frankly no i dont.

This is not ANOTHER , we should have bought MO thread.

I raised it as I think he actually makes some interesting points.  Now don't get me wrong, I agree with most on here he spouts a lot of sh|te most of the time, but if we are a club as big as we would like to think we are, should we not have been more decisive in the transfer market?

Is it purely down to money now??  Probably. but there where not many happy posters here after the transfer window closed, I'm hopeing that after the next we are all a lot happier.

I think Raffa is doing a good job, but he needs money to take us to the next step.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:59 am

There's some contradiction between what Chelsea pretends to be, an allmighty club, and the amount of time and thinking that his manager spends talking about other teams, and it seems to me that Liverpool is one of his favourite targets.

Since his only intention is to unsettle us, and since the better answer is to show them the current CL league table in which they see our arse best thing we can do is to keep working!

F*ck Morriño

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:04 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:media whore.

Brilliant description of Moanrinho !! :D

Its true though, he hasnt had any limelight this week after calling Wenger a voyeur, so he makes usless comments that have :censored:all to do with him, to grab some of that media limelight cause if he was chocolate he'd eat himself.
If he didnt have a bottomless pit of money from Roman he would'nt be so cocky.
He's just p#ssed off we are looking down at them in the CL table thats all.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:06 am

That's show that they are afraid of Liverpool . More bad news for them is the news between Liverpool and the Kraft family. :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:24 am

Sabre wrote:Since his only intention is to unsettle us, and since the better answer is to show them the current CL league table in which they see our arse best thing we can do is to keep working!

F*ck Morriño

Sabre

LOL :D

Good post Sabre   :)
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:28 am

I cant believe there is still liverpool supporters who listen to him, He is speaking about Newcastle and Owen, solely and is he not right that we waited till the last minute to try and get Owen (which in my opinion we should have never got involved in the 1st place cos he stung us big time Owen then came crawling back when his madrid move went t!ts up, but theres no doubt any team would want him at there club, he will score goals, simple as).

He mentions Liverpool once, hes not exactly sticking his nose in, he is a manager in the prem and he has probably been asked about the owen transfer in an interview, and jesus people on here must know how hard it is to mention Liverpool when the name Owen is mentioned......Some people on here are getting mourinho obsessed and buys into all his bullsh!t, well if you dont like what he says, dont listen, just like the rest of the country who knows he talks sh!te (except for the time he said 99.9 liverpool fans thought liverpool were through, in fact he was wrong, it was a 100%!!!).

on the kuyt issue id wouldnt mind losing one of are strikers for us, but im still tempeted by Berbatov, hes a quality player.

ANd to answer your 3 questions
1. No
2. No
3. Theres not a striker at are club at the moment who has proved themselves in the premiership, id like us to get a premiership striker and im still convinced if Robbie Keane played for someone like us hed get 20 goals a season, if the bluesh!te get him for 3 mil, it will be a fu.ckin steal, id personally love to see him here.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:33 am

i wonder if rafa kept a file on the remarks the tw@t made about us. i'm sure it will be about 200 pages thick by now. talk about being a voyeur.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:42 am

I just hope that no one at the club lowers themselves to this idiots level by responding to this pile of rubbish.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion