Matthew upson and jermaine pennant - How about them ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:21 am

errrm no.

i think we could do better, It would be nice to have two english player to solve our problems tho
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:55 am

Listen to Stu and buy Dean Aston who has the lot - a real FOOTBALLER
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:15 am

It would be nice to have two english player to solve our problems tho

So, who are you talking about ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:59 am

Upson, I think is vastly overrated by some people. He makes far too many mistakes that result in goals conceded. I've seen him play for Birmingham on various occasions and have not been impressed. He doesn't react quickly enough to long balls and when he does he doesn't do it correctly.

Example of one of his mistakes, was against Tottenham. 50 seconds into the game, his backpass almosts leads to a goal. A long ball down the field and he tried to pass it back to the keeper, he only got a slight touch and he had a Tottenham play right behind him.

That's just one example out of many. Not impressed, and probably would be overpriced. He just makes too many mistakes for a Premiership experienced defender. I'd prefer Daniel Agger, who is younger and seems to be the ideal replacement for Hyypia in the future. [I'm taking Molby's word for it :D ].
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby GOAT » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:27 am

I wouldnt like either of these two. Neither are good enough for our first team and thats what we need to improve on at the moment not the squad. if they were cheap i would think it was decent
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:28 am

i'd sooner have Benson and Hedges
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:26 pm

banana wrote:Pennant is a wild goose. he can't even be trusted to turn up sober for training. Not exactly the "right mentality" Benitez is after?

Upson? Laughable.

Mentallity can be changed.

Look at Carragher, throwing coins into a crowd...

Now one of the most proffessional players around.

Its called growing up. Pennants a young lad, with the right people and influences he'll grow up properly.
115-1073096938

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:28 pm

Things can be changed but Wenger isnt an idiot, and the last thing we need is a loose cannon who is gonna change the changing room atmosphere we already have.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:35 pm

Stu come off it, Pennent is not what we need, He just won't improve our team whats so ever.We want a top player to take the right midfield position, i would take malbranque over this lad any day. Both would probably cost the same. One is a good professional the other pennent well I don't think so. Wake up stu smell the beans.........
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:05 pm

Pennant is a very interesting one, his off field problems are obviously a bit of a worry, but if he could get his act together he has the potential to be a star in a team like ours.

Imagine a midfield with Kewell on the left Alonso and Stevie Gerrard in the centre and with Pennant on the right.
He would score plenty of goals and provide decent crosses for the like of Crouch and Morientes.
I dont think he would cost more than 4 million either, so not really a gamble.

Upson i do not fancy one bit, he meets the criteria of young-ish english central defender but he is not strong enough in the air imo and makes far to mant reckless challenges due to him switching off in the first place, a bet he concedes another penalty in the next month.
There must be plenty of better potions than Upson.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion