Mash dedicates win to lfc fans - Quality lol

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon May 30, 2011 11:02 am

He was a bit of a tit at times, but he had his good points too as Reg pointed out. It was a nice gesture of him to say what he said so thank you and let's leave it at that.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon May 30, 2011 11:14 am

Sorry, but I can never really forgive someone for refusing the honour of wearing a Liverpool jersey.  Especially after we saved his career. 

Was still a nice comment though.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 30, 2011 12:31 pm

nice gesture, but i doubt he gives a sh!t about LFC.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glambertino » Tue May 31, 2011 9:49 pm

Good on him, didn't have to say anything about LFC but he obviously knew what it meant, I'm sure seeing the '19' banners helped spur that dedication on.  dedicates to all those Man Ure fans.
glambertino

Postby zarababe » Tue May 31, 2011 11:34 pm

kwality ... see nev'sh'its face :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Octsky wrote:people seems to forget that he refused to play when fit.
its like desertion in army, punishable by a bullet to the head.

common guys! he did not do this (winning over mancs) for us.
a one line sentence like " its for the lfc fans too" did not prove sh1t.

spot on. he deserted the team.
he was cr@p anyway  :D

well he was too liable to get sent off, i didn't like him
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Disagree, Mash was the best at what he does and that's to hunt the ball down and give it to the people that can play, his tigerish attitude has sorely been missed and I think it took us a while to get over losing him.Ask any manager and they would love to have a player like that,

It's weird really because he doesn't really fit into Barca's pretty playing midfield but he is exactly who you would need to break their brand of football up.
roberto green

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 pm

I was fed up with Mash when he spat the dummy out and wouldnt play but to cut him some slack it was his last desperate attempt to push through the move with the club in turmoil around him. I doubt Barca would have come knocking again and with Liverpool crumbling around him he felt drastic action was the only resolution. Its aggravating when a player wants to leave for another team but if we are honest a move to Barcelona is pretty tempting. Anyways, I chuckled at his words from Wembley and oddly will probably remember him for that moment more than any he had on the park here.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:25 pm

He may have spat his dummy out in trying to get the transfer he was seeking but my lasting memory of Masch will be during the 2008-09 season. After being 2-1 down to Portsmouth we came back and grabbed the game at the death with a bullet header from Torres. The sight of Masch running towards the bench in rapture showed he did once care about this great club and this 'dedication' underlines it.
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:42 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:He may have spat his dummy out in trying to get the transfer he was seeking but my lasting memory of Masch will be during the 2008-09 season. After being 2-1 down to Portsmouth we came back and grabbed the game at the death with a bullet header from Torres. The sight of Masch running towards the bench in rapture showed he did once care about this great club and this 'dedication' underlines it.

Spot on I also remember an article in a paper where he had a go at Man City in the aftermath of their take over when he said "They can have unlimited amounts of money but it can't buy them the heritage/history of a club like Liverpool.

I think we need to cut him a bit of slack, who wouldn't want to leave the club when we were looking at the future with woy and a club like Barca comes knocking?
roberto green

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

roberto green wrote:
jimmy brighton wrote:He may have spat his dummy out in trying to get the transfer he was seeking but my lasting memory of Masch will be during the 2008-09 season. After being 2-1 down to Portsmouth we came back and grabbed the game at the death with a bullet header from Torres. The sight of Masch running towards the bench in rapture showed he did once care about this great club and this 'dedication' underlines it.

Spot on I also remember an article in a paper where he had a go at Man City in the aftermath of their take over when he said "They can have unlimited amounts of money but it can't buy them the heritage/history of a club like Liverpool.

I think we need to cut him a bit of slack, who wouldn't want to leave the club when we were looking at the future with woy and a club like Barca comes knocking?

hell he gave us a mention after his team gave the Mancs a lesson, warmed my heart anyway

Masch  :buttrock
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Any ex Liverpool player who plays against the Mange in CL final. And they beat them gets my vote
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby ethanr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 pm

I understand what Masch did because he really wanted to play for Barca... I'm sure Fabregas will be doing something similar eventually. However, I am still angry at how he left, it wasn't very respectful.  But you can see that he has passion, as he felt the affects of the Liverpool manure rivalry, and obviously he was just taking another stab at manure by dedicating it to us.  Well, not really dedicating... just mentioning us.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:25 pm

I think what upset a lot of people lies with the fact that Masch REFUSED to play in order to push through his transfer....i'm sorry, but it doesn't matter if Hodgson, Souness or Nelly the tea lady is in charge, a player should NEVER refused to play for his club.

Thanks for the mention Masch and good luck finding a new club, cos Barca don't rate you all that highly
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:41 am

7_Kewell wrote:.i'm sorry, but it doesn't matter if Hodgson, Souness or Nelly the tea lady is in charge, ...

Nelly.. I thought our tea lady was Hettie  ???

any way with hodgson it was akin to Nelly or Hettie..  :D  :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion