Mascherano rejects new contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Zidane » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:02 pm

If he were to go for some reason I have a feeling Rafa would be okay with having a Lucas/Aquilani midfield.. which honestly I think would probably work out okay depending on Aquilani.
Zidane

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Mascherano is currently the best player in the world doing the job he does on the pitch. We have to keep him at all costs. I personally think that losing him will be a bigger blow than what people think. Rafa will try to keep him, no doubt. No doubt he's already succeeded in that, otherwise he'd well have f*cked off long ago. I can see him staying until the summer at least.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phil_cool » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:11 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Mascherano is currently the best player in the world doing the job he does on the pitch. We have to keep him at all costs. I personally think that losing him will be a bigger blow than what people think. Rafa will try to keep him, no doubt. No doubt he's already succeeded in that, otherwise he'd well have f*cked off long ago. I can see him staying until the summer at least.

I agree with you but maybe not on the currently part though, as I think he has been below his best for a while now.
phil_cool

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Think Yaya Toure is currently the best player in his position - but if masher gets back to his top form then its close
Benny The Noon

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 pm

f9Torres wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I would hope we bring in Banega. Very Macherano like, and he is finally finding form similar to what was expected of him when he left Boca.  IMO, he has a higher cieling too, because of his skill on the ball and his passing ability.

One worry would be our bargaining position. Mascherano's form hasn't been the best since the summer, will that affect the price.  How demanding will he be about leaving? that could certainly affect the price as well.

Banega is too weak in defence

I think he is playing better now that he did last year on loan. and I think that any defensive weakness on his part could be down to a lack of discipline. I think Rafa would be the perfect manager for him
JoeTerp

Postby f9Torres » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
f9Torres wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I would hope we bring in Banega. Very Macherano like, and he is finally finding form similar to what was expected of him when he left Boca.  IMO, he has a higher cieling too, because of his skill on the ball and his passing ability.

One worry would be our bargaining position. Mascherano's form hasn't been the best since the summer, will that affect the price.  How demanding will he be about leaving? that could certainly affect the price as well.

Banega is too weak in defence

I think he is playing better now that he did last year on loan. and I think that any defensive weakness on his part could be down to a lack of discipline. I think Rafa would be the perfect manager for him

Of course he is playing better, much better to be honest, but he always plays with a defensive midfielder behind him. he would be more suitable to play where Lucas is doing or where Aquilani will do.
f9Torres

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Dazzer wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:was immense yesterday - and lakes you wanna change mates as most of them seem to tell you b.*ll*c*ks

Actually it was myself who made the thread. It was of the express of Mail. Just a rumor right now but with his missus no longer even in England it wouldn't surprise me if he is just going to buckle down and play well this season and then request a move come the summer ala Alonso.

I think his missus has never liked it here anyway, i know she said she likes london, but i think theres more to it, some have said it might even be down to a split.

anyway the press rooms are full of news about teams going down with swine flu right now. seems some players have gone down with it from Peterborough after playing Blackburn who have 3 players down with it and some staff.

Chelsea are worried in case any of their players get it.

They are closest thing on earth to pigs(with out being pigs) So I be worried if I was then personaly.

IF drogbaaa gets it wait for the diving act in the hospital.

:D  :bowdown
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:12 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:was immense yesterday - and lakes you wanna change mates as most of them seem to tell you b.*ll*c*ks

Actually it was myself who made the thread. It was of the express of Mail. Just a rumor right now but with his missus no longer even in England it wouldn't surprise me if he is just going to buckle down and play well this season and then request a move come the summer ala Alonso.

I think his missus has never liked it here anyway, i know she said she likes london, but i think theres more to it, some have said it might even be down to a split.

anyway the press rooms are full of news about teams going down with swine flu right now. seems some players have gone down with it from Peterborough after playing Blackburn who have 3 players down with it and some staff.

They are closest thing on earth to pigs(with out being pigs) So I be worried if I was then personaly.

Fecking hell Lakes your press room mates must have been gutted yesterday , script done an dusted according to you ,

Rafa sacked ? could be soon an all poss by the end of the day.
wrong
Player unrest?  rebelling against the boss
Wrong
Manager not being backed by fans ?
Wrong
Sos wasting there time ?
Wrong

Press box clueless
RIGHT.

sOME OF YOUR MATES NEED TO FIND OTHER JOBS
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Mascherano is currently the best player in the world doing the job he does on the pitch. We have to keep him at all costs. I personally think that losing him will be a bigger blow than what people think. Rafa will try to keep him, no doubt. No doubt he's already succeeded in that, otherwise he'd well have f*cked off long ago. I can see him staying until the summer at least.

Totally agree, i feckin love him n all, yeah he got sent off yesterday but he was great, some of his tackles were fantastic.
The amount of interceptions and tackles both masher and lucas made yesterday was phenemonal.

If we lost him we would regret it big style.

Yeah his form hasnt been great earlier in the season but he is definately imo the best defensive covering midfielder in the world.

Lakes ye mates predictions are hardly nostradamus like mate  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Totaly agree Ben mate on Javier , love him,

hes gonna miss the game wed , against Arsenal but should be back against Fulham,made up
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:57 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Totaly agree Ben mate on Javier , love him,

hes gonna miss the game wed , against Arsenal but should be back against Fulham,made up

Yeah he wouldnt have played anyway in that one so we'll take that.
Too many people jumpin on him after the summer when we have no clue what went on at all.
He has always seemed one of the most committed and passionate players on the pitch for us so i for one dont doubt his commitment for the club - while he is here.

If he does have personal problems that mean he has to move on, then i will be gutted but would understand and wish the lad all the best.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Dazzer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:11 am

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Fecking hell Lakes your press room mates must have been gutted yesterday , script done an dusted according to you ,

Rafa sacked ? could be soon an all poss by the end of the day.
wrong
Player unrest?  rebelling against the boss
Wrong
Manager not being backed by fans ?
Wrong
Sos wasting there time ?
Wrong

Press box clueless
RIGHT.

sOME OF YOUR MATES NEED TO FIND OTHER JOBS

They are not wrong they are unproven stop the witch hunt nan this isn't 1408 I thought you left the church ?
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:35 am

:laugh: You call that a witch hunt,

Its lakes who needs setting on fire,

Anyway why are you interferring in me an Lakes , he knows what i am about , he doesnt take me serious ,he laughs, give it a rest eh
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:38 am

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh: You call that a witch hunt,

Its lakes who needs setting on fire,

Anyway why are you interferring in me an Lakes , he knows what i am about , he doesnt take me serious ,he laughs, give it a rest eh

:laugh: Burn him Burn him.  :laugh:

How you know I am not messing nan ?  :upside:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:15 am

Bad Bob wrote:
fivecups wrote:He was superb yesterday though.

Until he got himself stupidly sent off, that is.  Must be having a bet with Vidic to see who can accumulate the most reds in this fixture.  :glare:

Yep, Mascherano can be an absolute twat at times. I just don't think he's that smart at the end of the day.

But yesterdays sending off was extremely stupid, even for him.

Surly, he knows that Liverpool need the feckin numbers at the very least?
tonyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion