Mascherano quality?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:19 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:Momo Sissoko is obviously a holding midfielder. What else can he be if he is a ball winner?

More to the point whats your starting XI for the remaining fixtures? :D

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:20 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Hey BigMick just saw your now a Mod!!!! Nice one mate you deserve it!!!

You don't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment any more do you Mick?

Whats that supposed to mean? 

???  ???

I wasnt trying to insult him at all. Ive not been on the forum much myself latley so I only just saw it now.

On the contrary you post some great stuff!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:49 pm

If we could get the right forwards next year we could put Masherano SG and Alonso in one midfeld with one up top and to out wide like barca
grayghost

Postby redmikey » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:58 pm

momo is your man when you are playing sheffield,wigan,everton and thre like when it is a battle and a million mile an hour

mask-a-raanooo is the player for champions league and arsenal when you need to keep the ball and pass intelligently

both player will play a big part next year and i can never see the sense of the people that want to sell players like momo that are great professional and the boss has bought the player twice , he is young talented and didn't cost an arm and a leg,

stronger squads needs players of qualilty to step in when rotated
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:58 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Bigmick , i agree totally with what you say about momo , i just think that we have a player in mascherano , who can do all the same as momo ,but with the bonus that he can control and pass a ball . It is no coincidence that in the last two games the ball retention and control of the game has been of a far higher level with mascherano in the side.

spot on Igor.

I said a while back, that we were anticipating the next Hamann. However, Mascherano will perform a similar role to Makelele i believe. And as is (so far evident) the lad looks more than capable of that responsibility. Here's hoping.

Keeping them all sweet will be the next task though, something has to give...or something has to put up with it in any case. One of the two.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Rafa D » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:07 pm

Finally I agree with Stu about something :D

I would love us to make a move for Tevez - the lad just oozes quality. His passing,shooting, dribbling, technique is all superior to what is around him at West Ham. He looks the part even though his goal tally is dreadful. His passion and general love of the game is what football is all about. I would love Rafa to make a move for him but doubt we would be able to pull West Hams pants down twice in one season.

Tevez for me would be a sensational signing.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:02 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Finally I agree with Stu about something :D

I would love us to make a move for Tevez - the lad just oozes quality. His passing,shooting, dribbling, technique is all superior to what is around him at West Ham. He looks the part even though his goal tally is dreadful. His passion and general love of the game is what football is all about. I would love Rafa to make a move for him but doubt we would be able to pull West Hams pants down twice in one season.

Tevez for me would be a sensational signing.

He also have wonderful teeth to scare out the defenders  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:03 pm

Looks a very similar type of player to Albelda at Valencia and reminds me of a quicker Didi (not difficult that one)

If Javier wants to stay long term though it does raise real question marks for me over Momo and dare I say Xabi.

Id seriously consider selling to Barca if a serious bid came in.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Dotty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:04 pm

His disruption in opposition play and retention of the ball is good.

Must say early signs are good. :grinning:
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby KOPMATT » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:13 pm

Stiil it appears no one seems to know whether or not we've paid for Javier or we only have him on loan?
KOPMATT

Postby Elchris » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:34 pm

redmikey wrote:momo is your man when you are playing sheffield,wigan,everton and thre like when it is a battle and a million mile an hour

mask-a-raanooo is the player for champions league and arsenal when you need to keep the ball and pass intelligently

both player will play a big part next year and i can never see the sense of the people that want to sell players like momo that are great professional and the boss has bought the player twice , he is young talented and didn't cost an arm and a leg,

stronger squads needs players of qualilty to step in when rotated

i think momo is more effective when he's played against a side which likes to pass the ball around cause he can run around and make tackles and challanges to break the passing game of the opposite team....the team u mention above are more likely to play high balls which i think makes momo less effective
Elchris

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Hey BigMick just saw your now a Mod!!!! Nice one mate you deserve it!!!

You don't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment any more do you Mick?

???  ???

I wasnt trying to insult him at all. Ive not been on the forum much myself latley so I only just saw it now.

Fuckinhell, it's not meant to mean anything!!!  :D

You can't say boiled s*i*e without people getting offended on here!!! :D

Relax mate.  You've not been around.  Apparently, the mods are not popular on here anymore. 

Have to agree.

By the way, no need to patronise me, I know I post a load of s*i*e... I don't really care though!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby neil » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:27 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:

???  ???

Fuckinhell, it's not meant to mean anything!!!  :D

You can't say boiled s*i*e without people getting offended on here!!! :D

Relax mate.  You've not been around.  Apparently, the mods are not popular on here anymore. 

Have to agree.

By the way, no need to patronise me, I know I post a load of s*i*e... I don't really care though!!!

what do ya mean by "boiled s*i*e " why bring boiled s*i*e up?  ??? people have got feelings ya know
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:05 pm

back to the topic

i was worried when Rafa said he want to bring this guy in...he had done nothing at West Ham and he seemed to complain lots too.

However, i admit he looks class and i'm glad i'm wrong.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Not for the first time either... :laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion