Mascherano quality?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:18 pm

£3000 or £30,000 bav ?
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:19 pm

lol, i believe it was amixture of wages plus a 20million+ 'have to buy him' clause. why tevez did not get this we will never know, but those dealings were so dodgy.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:lol, i believe it was amixture of wages plus a 20million+ 'have to buy him' clause. why tevez did not get this we will never know, but those dealings were so dodgy.

I think we have agreed if we keep him we have to pay £16mil so probably not far off mate.

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:31 pm

Really 16mil? Thats quite a lot. Not that Rafa wont sanction that if he continues to blend in well.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:34 pm

I read that at the time of the original loan to us Bav, but who knowns whats been agreed now mate
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:58 am

I don't think anyoen really knows what's going on with Maschernao's contract as their is no precedent for it as far as I know. Has any footballer before Tevez and Maschernao ever been owned by a company and not an actual football club?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:21 pm

IMHO id pay 16mil for him, like the commentator said during a much the otherday forget who, "Mascherano plays alot better at liverpool because he has better players around him, no disrespect to west ham united" i think he will do absoloutly hreat at this club, well doe rafa on spotting another great talent.

But on the flip side do you guys reckon that we will have to many midfeld players in the squad and that could unsettle a few players or is that a new thread?
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:29 pm

"The case of Javier Mascherano is even more damning. When he made his West Ham debut in September then-coach Alan Pardew described his display as 'accomplished' and added that he looked outstanding in training.

Liverpool fans would nod their heads in agreement.

They have quickly seen that Mascherano is a class act, a holding midfielder who not only wins the ball, but has the technical gifts and the understanding of the game needed to set attacks in motion.

Admittedly, after a while it seems clear that West Ham were not selecting Mascherano for reasons that had nothing to do with his performances.

But before that there were months when he was treated as a bit-part player, given the odd substitute appearance here and there.

Could they really afford to leave out a player of his quality? A glance at the table suggests otherwise.

The fact that it has taken a Spanish coach to rescue him re-enforces the point that this has not been English football's finest hour. "

dont know if that explains anything, but it makes some sense to me. Basically it all comes down to politics and money (and ability stu) We have a higher standard of footy than west ham, masher plays better around a higher standard. Plus we play him more.Got a feelign we'll see the benefits next season
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:"The case of Javier Mascherano is even more damning. When he made his West Ham debut in September then-coach Alan Pardew described his display as 'accomplished' and added that he looked outstanding in training.

Liverpool fans would nod their heads in agreement.

They have quickly seen that Mascherano is a class act, a holding midfielder who not only wins the ball, but has the technical gifts and the understanding of the game needed to set attacks in motion.

Admittedly, after a while it seems clear that West Ham were not selecting Mascherano for reasons that had nothing to do with his performances.

But before that there were months when he was treated as a bit-part player, given the odd substitute appearance here and there.

Could they really afford to leave out a player of his quality? A glance at the table suggests otherwise.

The fact that it has taken a Spanish coach to rescue him re-enforces the point that this has not been English football's finest hour. "

dont know if that explains anything, but it makes some sense to me. Basically it all comes down to politics and money (and ability stu) We have a higher standard of footy than west ham, masher plays better around a higher standard. Plus we play him more.Got a feelign we'll see the benefits next season

So what you're saying to me now Dawson is he didn't have this ability at West Ham? :laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:37 pm

Stu, dont shout at me again. Its boring. No, as we have said in the thread, he wasnt given the opportunity at west ham, but since his arrival at liverpool he has risen his game as the level he is playing and training with now has risen significantly...agree?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Agree
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:20 pm

dawson99 wrote:Stu, dont shout at me again. Its boring. No, as we have said in the thread, he wasnt given the opportunity at west ham, but since his arrival at liverpool he has risen his game as the level he is playing and training with now has risen significantly...agree?

I didn't see him train for West Ham and on his debeut he looked pretty good for me. Haven't seen anything from him I didn't see at the world cup or in his first game for West Ham.

Dya reckon we should sign MERCHANA Dawson? :laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:25 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Stu, dont shout at me again. Its boring. No, as we have said in the thread, he wasnt given the opportunity at west ham, but since his arrival at liverpool he has risen his game as the level he is playing and training with now has risen significantly...agree?

I didn't see him train for West Ham and on his debeut he looked pretty good for me. Haven't seen anything from him I didn't see at the world cup or in his first game for West Ham.

seriously stu, f.uck off. if u arent gonna listen, just fukk off.
soemtimes you know what you are talking about. most times you are just a slimy miserable little kunt.

you are so narrow minded you havent read what ive written, i said, and ltry to understand retard: West Ham did not play him. Maybe when he trained with them the level was not as high as the players are not as good. Also there was the clause he had to not play.

understand that stuart? Need it explained again? Fukking cok knocker. How can someone with such abviously lack of friends annoy me so much?

with w@nks like this im not surprised people leave the forum.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:30 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

seriously stu, f.uck off. if u arent gonna listen, just fukk off.
soemtimes you know what you are talking about. most times you are just a slimy miserable little kunt.

you are so narrow minded you havent read what ive written, i said, and ltry to understand retard: West Ham did not play him. Maybe when he trained with them the level was not as high as the players are not as good. Also there was the clause he had to not play.

understand that stuart? Need it explained again? Fukking cok knocker. How can someone with such abviously lack of friends annoy me so much?

with w@nks like this im not surprised people leave the forum.

What on earth is your problem?

I gave my opinion, I've never seen him train at West Ham... So I can't comment...

But what I seen at the world cup and on his Debeut was pretty much what I'm seeing now...

I then popped a joke about a "spelling error" the other day... Whats wrong with that? Can you only give out abuse and banter Dawson? Why is it that that has wound you up so much... after all I was only pointing out a "spelling error". Its not a big deal, its not an english forum. I don't even know how to spell debuet, I have to guess...

Anyway, I'm not getting into anymore arguements with you, its getting daft now and you're starting to get a little overly sensitive... :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Aye, Palm Olive can help with that. :blues:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion