Mascerano set to move? - Platini "favours" transfer.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:14 pm

PacemakerAlonso wrote:Rafa's quite the persuasive man, not many people can persuade Platini. I was always under the impression Platini despised Liverpool, hence why he wants to cut out the fourth teams entering the Champions League.

why do you say that? is that not a little paranoid? im presuming you are basing this on the fact he scored the winning goal at the european cup at heysel and some were saying he should not have celebrated the goal or the win in the circumstances? It ridiculous to suggest hes cutting the fourth teams out to simply upset Liverpool FC
Pedro Maradona

Postby tubby » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:12 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:Platini's election to president of UEFA is quite worrying to me as he wants to reduce (by 2009) England's number of teams in the Champions League to 3. Obviously in the future we would want to be easily in the top 3 but this decission may affect us and we may spend time out of the CL as a result.

G14 wont allow it im sure of it.

Besides G14 want to have another group stage again like there used to be. :censored: Platini hes a :censored:

What ave that ex factor band got to do with anything?

Becasue they represent the views of the most powerful clubs in Europe (minus Chelsea haha i had to get that in) and if they thought that we were having something wrongley imposed on us, in the worst case senario all the member clubs would form a break away competition which would mean havoc for the likes of UEFA as well as TV rights ect......

I just hope Plantini doesnt go on a power tripe to let everyone know whos new in town.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:49 am

What you have to remember is that its not just UK clubs that suffer with the big 4 getting more powerful and the rest being blocked out - its also the same in europe as English, Spanish and Italian (just...) get stronger, the likes of French, German, Dutch and Belgium clubs and leagues are becoming history. This is why I think Platini will have to be radical to protect these leagues plus give the smaller leagues - Czech, Poland etc.. a chance to break into the big time.

It doesnt surprise me Wenger is sowing seeds of doubt either - Arsenal like Liverpool, worried who will miss out on the 4th place and therefore is trying to create a sense of doubt to make sure he realises he'll have one hell of a fight to bring about this change.

It might look peaceful out there, but theres too much money at stake.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:41 am

Lets look at the bright side.....it would be much easier to win the champions league if the reduction to 3 teams does take place...There would be more rubbish teams in the group stages... :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:49 am

Anfield rapper wrote:Platini's election to president of UEFA is quite worrying to me as he wants to reduce (by 2009) England's number of teams in the Champions League to 3. Obviously in the future we would want to be easily in the top 3 but this decission may affect us and we may spend time out of the CL as a result.

if by 2009 we still cannot make it to the top 3 (should be looking at the Premiership ideally), then we're in more trouble than we thought...
alxy

Postby GLB1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:22 am

http://www.westhamfans.org/latest-....est-ham

Interesting if it is true and no doubt would work in our favour
GLB1

Postby Ade » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:47 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Mascherano has a million miles to go before he even smells Didi Hammans boots!Wont walk into our team...he may waddle!

I wouldn't go that far mate, he's a class act.

As for the Champs league reduction to 3 English teams, that's a good thing in my opinion. Better for the FA Cup, better for a competitive league. I'd rather see it back to one team only, the champions. Four's a joke.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:02 pm

I agree with this.  4 spots for one nation is too much.  Its not really fair that champions of other nations have a harder job to get in the CL than 3rd and 4th place of the bigger nations. 

However like before the G14 could threaten to pull out and do there own tournament.  They did this before and thats what made UEFA increase the big nations CL places.
puroresu

Postby babu » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:06 pm

the champions league is the best because it puts most of the best clubs sides in europe, in one cup competition, not just the domestic league winners. It makes sense than, that the better leagues (higher standard and competition) get more spots. If Platini does decide to remove spots, he should have the balls to to remove all of them, excepting the league champions, making it truly the champions league.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:39 pm

puroresu wrote:

I agree with this.  4 spots for one nation is too much.  Its not really fair that champions of other nations have a harder job to get in the CL than 3rd and 4th place of the bigger nations. 

However like before the G14 could threaten to pull out and do there own tournament.  They did this before and thats what made UEFA increase the big nations CL places.

I thinks thats what could happen. If Platini is determind to reduce the number of teams from the big three leagues and increase teams from the weaker leagues the G14 i think will threaten a breakaway tournemant.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Mascherano didn't become a cr.ap player overnight and I think we'll get more from him than West Ham.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Septic Bladder and his boys at FIFA are leaving things til the last minute i see......again!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:56 pm

Why he isn't playing for West Ham: http://www.westhamfans.org/latest-....est-ham
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:00 pm

Paul C wrote:Why he isn't playing for West Ham: http://www.westhamfans.org/latest-....est-ham

would the same thing apply for us though? it is too bizarre when a player is owned by a company and not the club
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:30 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:
puroresu wrote:

I thinks thats what could happen. If Platini is determind to reduce the number of teams from the big three leagues and increase teams from the weaker leagues the G14 i think will threaten a breakaway tournemant.

Chelski would probably be cheering for the G14 to pull out of the Champions League.............

Then they might have a chance to win it!!
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion