Mascerano set to move? - Platini "favours" transfer.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:37 pm

mascherano is a great buy cant wait to see him play in a red shirt
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:03 pm

Scouse_legend wrote:I tink because he was playing with shi.t players he cant perform but with great players he will be able to play his reall football :p  and i thk thats why rafa is getting him and i think thats the same with tevez

Tevez is head and shoulders above the rest.  He came on a saturday and rang the show.
puroresu

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:08 pm

rang? ?????
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:23 pm

Was it a phone in ?

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:25 pm

red37 wrote:Now the deal is in place for Mascherano to join Rafa Benitez's Liverpool on loan until the end of the season and then join them permanently in a deal which could rise to £18m depending upon appearances.

great player, but as he hasn't played he's gonna take a while to get to full match-fitness and actually get used to the pace of the english game - which he didnt get to do at west ham.

but the bit that worries me is the price tag. He may be good, and we may have an influx of U.S. money now, but how high on the list is spending £18mil on a central midfielder?

I didn't think he would cost that much!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:42 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
red37 wrote:Now the deal is in place for Mascherano to join Rafa Benitez's Liverpool on loan until the end of the season and then join them permanently in a deal which could rise to £18m depending upon appearances.

great player, but as he hasn't played he's gonna take a while to get to full match-fitness and actually get used to the pace of the english game - which he didnt get to do at west ham.

but the bit that worries me is the price tag. He may be good, and we may have an influx of U.S. money now, but how high on the list is spending £18mil on a central midfielder?

I didn't think he would cost that much!

i thought the loan deal was suppose to be a 18 month deal...either way if benitez was going to sign him for 18m he noes wat javier is capable of...cause he's been doing his research on javier since benitez was in valencia..so if benitez think mascherano is worth all that money he will sign him..
Elchris

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:48 pm

We all know that great  gifted players need great players to play around, players on their wavelengh

no wonder he hasnt played well at west ham

imagine if ronaldiniho was playing with clowns like marlon harewood, zamora, hayden mullins

i believe with gerrard, alonso, sissoko and mascherano we have the best selection of centre mids in europe

and you can tinker and rest players when you have quality to tinker with
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:00 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Was it a phone in ?

:D

:laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:07 pm

West Ham goalkeeper Jimmy Walker has revealed why Javier Mascherano feels his move to Upton Park just wasn't meant to be.

Mascherano is sweating on a loan deal with Liverpool to be rubberstamped and Walker, in his column for West Ham's match programme, revealed how one day everything conspired to work against the Argie.

Walker wrote: "I have to tell you about his day from hell when his interpreter Ciaran had forgotten to tell him the team had the day off.

"Javier drove to the training ground but broke down as he had run out of petrol so he walked to the nearest petrol station but realised he had no money.

"He had to ring Ciaran and ask him to speak to the petrol station manager, but they were not having any of it and just said 'if he does not have any money he is not getting any petrol'.

"He had to walk to the training ground to borrow some money off Anton, who was in for treatment, and also discovered the team were not in. He walked back, filled the petrol can up, walked to his car put the petrol in and set off back home. Then half a mile up the road a taxi crashed into the back of him. When he was telling me about it in his broken English he finished the story by saying, 'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 pm

Paul C wrote:West Ham goalkeeper Jimmy Walker has revealed why Javier Mascherano feels his move to Upton Park just wasn't meant to be.

Mascherano is sweating on a loan deal with Liverpool to be rubberstamped and Walker, in his column for West Ham's match programme, revealed how one day everything conspired to work against the Argie.

Walker wrote: "I have to tell you about his day from hell when his interpreter Ciaran had forgotten to tell him the team had the day off.

"Javier drove to the training ground but broke down as he had run out of petrol so he walked to the nearest petrol station but realised he had no money.

"He had to ring Ciaran and ask him to speak to the petrol station manager, but they were not having any of it and just said 'if he does not have any money he is not getting any petrol'.

"He had to walk to the training ground to borrow some money off Anton, who was in for treatment, and also discovered the team were not in. He walked back, filled the petrol can up, walked to his car put the petrol in and set off back home. Then half a mile up the road a taxi crashed into the back of him. When he was telling me about it in his broken English he finished the story by saying, 'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'."

lol! poor masch! Thats just terrible!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:56 am

metalhead wrote:
Paul C wrote:West Ham goalkeeper Jimmy Walker has revealed why Javier Mascherano feels his move to Upton Park just wasn't meant to be.

lol! poor masch! Thats just terrible!

here's hoping he has a much better time with us...
alxy

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:14 am

Robbie Fowler 2007 wrote:Yes lets sign a west ham reject! thats a good idea.

He couldnt even get picked in the first team, so im baffled as to Rafa's interest

:down:

Hello Hustler.

I've missed you SOOOOO much.

How did the operation go?

You get your gonorrhea scabs removed successfully?  ???

Back on the actual topic:

Has he been given clearance yet or what?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:25 pm

Mascherano's day of Horror...

"Meanwhile, the tale of Javier's worst day at West Ham. When his translator forgot to tell him the players had a day off, Mascherano left as usual, only to run out of petrol en route to the training grounds. He was moneyless at the time, and so the petrol station refused to serve him. Anton Ferdinand came to the rescue and lent him the necessary dosh, but that was far from the end of a traumatic period. The midfielder, on arrival, discovered he could return home - but promptly had his car crashed into by a taxi on the way back. Mascherano was eventually delivered home, and apparently closed his curtains and went straight to sleep".

:laugh:  the poor sod.  Welcome to a real Football club now son.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Elchris » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:02 pm

did the fa cleared him yet...??
Elchris

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:11 pm

Elchris wrote:did the fa cleared him yet...??

We'll find out tomorrow.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion