Mascerano set to move? - Platini "favours" transfer.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:09 am

alxy wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Not sure how we would use Masherano now that Momo is fit.  I am still wondering how we are going to play Gerrard, Alonso, and Momo, I am guessing putting Stevie G on the Right, but there is no denying that he has picked up his form with consistent play in Central Midfield.  Using Mascherano as a sub for Momo makes sense, but I would love to see them play together, both in defensive midfield roles, they would be like the BASH BROTHERS, this certainly would allow us to only need 3 defenders Finnan, Carra and Agger, with Gerrard wide on the right playing down the pitch and Riise/Aurelio wide on the left in a more defensive minded wing midfield role, Xabi Controlling everything else in the center, with 2 strikers.

3-4-3? Like how we've played in recent games. The midfield could be Momo-Xabi-Mascherano-Gerrard with 2 wingers and 1 out-and-out striker.

Doesn't look as crazy as it sounds. Chelsea plays with 4 central midfielders also to cater for Ballack (Essien, Makelele, Lamps and Ballack)

is this how you were picturing the 3-4-3 with all 4 central midfielders?
                 Reina
     Finnan     Carra     Agger
               Momo   Macca
        Gerrard            Xabi
  Pennant                           Bellamy
                      Kuyt
or with playin crouch instead of pennant and probably playing kuyt on the right wing?

do any of those central midfielders have a good enough left foot to play out on the left?  Seems like Gerrard is the only 1 that I wouldnt mind playing wide, but I would still think he plays his best football in the middle of the field.

Also I looked up Mascherano on wiki and it listed his nicknames as el jefe and macca, both of them seem pretty cool but a defensive midfield of sissoko and mascherano sounds cool as MaccaMomo
JoeTerp

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:36 am

JoeTerp wrote:is this how you were picturing the 3-4-3 with all 4 central midfielders?
                 Reina
               Momo   Macca
        Gerrard            Xabi
                      Kuyt
or with playin crouch instead of pennant and probably playing kuyt on the right wing?

do any of those central midfielders have a good enough left foot to play out on the left?  Seems like Gerrard is the only 1 that I wouldnt mind playing wide, but I would still think he plays his best football in the middle of the field.

Also I looked up Mascherano on wiki and it listed his nicknames as el jefe and macca, both of them seem pretty cool but a defensive midfield of sissoko and mascherano sounds cool as MaccaMomo

personally i prefer:

Reina

Carra      Hyypia    Agger

Alonso    Masherano
Finnan                                   Riise/Aurelio
                     Gerrard           

Bellamy    Kuyt

OR:

Reina

Finnan             Alonso              Riise/Aurelio

Gerrard           Momo

Bellamy   Kuyt

As a formation. Out of the 4 central midfielders, personally i wouldnt play all 4 at the same time. I think thats where Chelsea have slipped up this season and played 4 central midfielders across the park, and at times have needed robben to come off the bench to rescue them.  - It also means the teams stays fresher for longer as 4 midfielders rotate for 3 spaces, would mean Rafa would be able to rotate as he has done, but now with more quality coming in.

Finnan and Risse/Aurelio would act as wing backs - with the opportunity to bring on pennant/kewell/gonzo/garcia

Bellamys best attribute is his ability to play off the shoulder of the last defender and while he can do the job out wide, he is much more suited and would be much happier playing as a striker alongside Kuyt
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:56 am

Redman in wales wrote:personally i prefer:

Reina

Alonso    Masherano
                     Gerrard           

Bellamy    Kuyt

As a formation. Out of the 4 central midfielders, personally i wouldnt play all 4 at the same time. I think thats where Chelsea have slipped up this season and played 4 central midfielders across the park, and at times have needed robben to come off the bench to rescue them.  - It also means the teams stays fresher for longer as 4 midfielders rotate for 3 spaces, would mean Rafa would be able to rotate as he has done, but now with more quality coming in.

Finnan and Risse/Aurelio would act as wing backs - with the opportunity to bring on pennant/kewell/gonzo/garcia

Bellamys best attribute is his ability to play off the shoulder of the last defender and while he can do the job out wide, he is much more suited and would be much happier playing as a striker alongside Kuyt

although i'd reserve judgement until i've seen Macca play for us- i'd say that this line up does seem exciting. Imagine Macca, Alonso and Gerrard putting quality balls through to Kuyt and Bellamy's runs! Other teams won't know what's hit them.

This line up also gives us the ability on the wings but without losing our defensive ability. We also have a midfield packed with people who take a shot if the opposition hang back to cope with our forwards (not that Alonso scores unless he's in our own half).
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:21 am

Anyone know whats happening with this supposed transfer? If i've heard it right, we got our registration for Mascherano in before the transfer window closed, so, providing the FA ok it, he can still join us.

So whats taking the FA so long? Is the fact that they've made us wait 8 days (so far) good news or bad news?

What do you reckon?
crouchaldinho

Postby Lee2k6 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:26 am

crouchaldinho wrote:Anyone know whats happening with this supposed transfer? If i've heard it right, we got our registration for Mascherano in before the transfer window closed, so, providing the FA ok it, he can still join us.

So whats taking the FA so long? Is the fact that they've made us wait 8 days (so far) good news or bad news?

What do you reckon?

well they say no news is good news but am just not sure anymore.. reckon they need to pull their heads out their :censored: an get a move on.
Lee2k6

Postby Elchris » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:23 pm

Espionage wrote:
Elchris wrote:the dumb english Fa is doing somethin ??? the tranfer should be completed at loan week btw he's already training with the liverpool lads

Proof?

Are you another plumber that was doing work at Anfield and overheard talk of..........

I wish !!  I'm miles away from anfield....hoping to get there before they move to Stanley Park....i wanna feel the magic of anfiled  :buttrock
Elchris

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:22 pm

Well he's been given a squad number [20]. If you go to UEFA.com and then to our team page, you'll see him listed there.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:58 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:is this how you were picturing the 3-4-3 with all 4 central midfielders?
                 Reina
               Momo   Macca
        Gerrard            Xabi
                      Kuyt

personally i prefer:

Reina

Alonso    Masherano
                     Gerrard           

Bellamy    Kuyt

OR:

Reina

Gerrard           Momo

Bellamy   Kuyt

how about
                            Reina
           Finnan          Carra        Agger
                  Mascherano    Momo
      Gerrard                Alonso             Riise
                          Bellamy Kuyt

With Gerrard pressing forward more and Riise playing a little further back and Xabi dictating everything from the centre of the pitch. And if anybody needs to get subbed due to fatigue, put in Pennant on the left move Stevie to the centre and Alonso to the defensive midfield.  And it can easily becoming more attacking by playing gonzalez on the left or even bellamy on the left with crouch and kuyt in strikeforce.
JoeTerp

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:17 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
                 Reina
               Momo   Macca
        Gerrard            Xabi
                      Kuyt

personally i prefer:

Reina

Alonso    Masherano
                     Gerrard           

Bellamy    Kuyt

OR:

Reina

Gerrard           Momo

Bellamy   Kuyt

how about
                            Reina
                  Mascherano    Momo
                          Bellamy Kuyt

With Gerrard pressing forward more and Riise playing a little further back and Xabi dictating everything from the centre of the pitch. And if anybody needs to get subbed due to fatigue, put in Pennant on the left move Stevie to the centre and Alonso to the defensive midfield.  And it can easily becoming more attacking by playing gonzalez on the left or even bellamy on the left with crouch and kuyt in strikeforce.

Alonso is a holding midfielder [Rafa's words] so why play him in such an advanced position?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:36 pm

A.B. wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
                 Reina
               Momo   Macca
        Gerrard            Xabi
                      Kuyt

personally i prefer:

Reina

Alonso    Masherano
                     Gerrard           

Bellamy    Kuyt

OR:

Reina

Gerrard           Momo

Bellamy   Kuyt

how about
                            Reina
                  Mascherano    Momo
                          Bellamy Kuyt

Alonso is a holding midfielder [Rafa's words] so why play him in such an advanced position?

I know he is a holding midfielder, that why I would play Gerrard further up the pitch, and mostly attack from that side of the field, and I but Xabi in that role because he seems to be the more offensive minded of the three (Momo, Macca, and Xabi) and I was just trying to think of a formation that incorporated all 4, since I feel that they are all some of our best "footballers" regardless of position (well I guess we still need to wait and see on mascherano, but I'm hopeful).  But I do realize that Xabi wouldn't be in his best position in that CAM role, and Gerrard would play better than him there, but you can't play Xabi wide either, and I would just rather have him on the pitch than Pennant.  I think if Kewell was fit and played on the left, then momo and Macca could win the balls and send them up to Xabi to hold in the centre for runs of harry wide left, and stevie on the right.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:44 am

So whats happened have we been granted clearance by the FA?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:48 am

Still waiting to hear Bav  :angry: With Xabi out suspended it would have been an ideal opportunity to give him a run out against Newcastle. Maybe Momo will be fit though?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:11 am

Isnt there a deadline by which we have to register new players for champions league?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:15 am

bavlondon wrote:Isnt there a deadline by which we have to register new players for champions league?

He is registered for the CL he has been given the No 20 shirt.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:25 pm

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_1904078,00.html

could be purposely misquoted by the :censored: at the SUN :angry:  :angry:
Elchris

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion