Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:17 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:Image

he looks so much like a mouse anyway.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:31 pm

Geoff's Still Here wrote:Rafa was made up with the way the new scouting staff in South America managed to get the deals for Gonzalez Aurella & Paletta up and running. read he is looking for more of the same from the other scouting areas.

Aurelio came from La Liga, and seeing as he played under Rafa before, I think there wasn't much scouting involved.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:00 pm

i think this never been posted before

from shanklygates

New Players Guide: Mark Gonzalez
written by James Watts on 08/07/2006
'Speedy Gonzalez' has been one of Rafa's targets for a year or two, and he seemed determined to bring him to Anfield, despite work permit problems and a cruciate knee ligament injury.

Mark is a 21-year-old Chilean left winger, known for his pace and acceleration, hence the nickname Speedy, and Rafa had said, whilst he was still 20, that he would be better than over half the current Premiership players.

After a two year spell at UC where he scored 10 goals from 42 appearances, Mark was transferred to Albacete Balompie. Gonzalez agreed a loan move for the 05-06 season to Liverpool, having been sought out by Liverpool's scouts. This deal fell through because Gonzalez could not gain a work permit deal, due to Chile being outside the Top 70 in FIFA's rankings. Rafa was very upset with this, and whilst he recovered from his leg injury and whilst Liverpool tried to build a case to sign him, he was sent to Real Sociedad on loan. He played an instrumental part in their quest for safety, including scoring the equaliser against Real Madrid; if Mark hadn't gone to Sociedad it is likely they wouldn't still be in La Liga.

Despite enjoying his time there, and clearly being successful, Gonzalez said "I am very thankful to Real Sociedad and their coach Jose Mari Bakero, but while they'd like me to stay I'm going to England to join Liverpool".

The 5th July brought the news we all wanted to hear, that he had finally been given a work permit. Rafa was elated, and said "This is very good news, I'm absolutely delighted to welcome Mark to Liverpool as he is a player the supporters will like to see."

With no international commitments, as he retired from playing for Chile after a rift with the coach, and the pace to frighten many Premiership defences, Mark will add flair to our left flank, but we mustn't forget Harry Kewell who will be fighting for his spot there - a little competition can only strengthen the side.

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:26 pm

Well there's a surprise. ???

Kalou got his work permit for his move to Chavski. This is boll#cks. He hasn't played for any country yet, so he could never pass the required international games rule (75% of recent games for your country) and because he hasn't played for a country yet, the fifa top 70 rule for your country doesn't count either.

But the panel thought he was an exceptional talent (even though he has never established as a good international player), so they granted him his work permit!

I know for sure that if Liverpool bought Kalou he wouldn't get a work permit. So if you think about it, Gonzalez didn't get his work permit because he was injured and because Chile was 71st on the list, 1 place out of the top 70, even though everyone said he is the biggest talent in Chile at the moment!!

This is complete and utter rubbish! :veryangry
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:53 pm

I hope we dont put too much pressure on gnozales. rememebr people it'll take him a bit to settle in.

and nothing cheatski ever do now surprises me anymore
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby T-Mark » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:47 am

Hi guys, mi name Francisco, and I'm chilean... I see u guys are really hyped about Speedy Gonzalez, so I'll give a few details I know about him, especially his characteristics and such...
In this moment, he is our best player all around, even though he just "resigned" to our national squad, because of the infamous lady incident in France... the deal on that, is that he and another team mate, after the match between Chile and Cote d'Ivoire, were in their room, when these chicks bypassed security, and went to their room to get autographs, and obviously get something else... at the end, nothing happened, since he is happily married to Gissele, but our national squad coach never gave him support, and actually made it public, so obviouslu he got ****ed off..

As a player, he doesn't have ure tipical latin "skills", but he is fast as hell, has a ferocious left strike, and huge stamina... Centering is one of his flaws, since he sometimes has his shoes on backwards, and sends the ball off to the galley... But he has gotten quite better at that after playing in Albacete and Real Sociedad... He is young, so don't ask him to be your new Kewell just yet... give him time...

Oh, and something that isn't quite known about him... he is one hell of a nodder too!!!!

Have patience, and he will play very well... just remember that the minor squads here in Chile don't receive the training u have in England... But he has the mentality to succeed... and.. He is dying to play in Liverpool!!!
T-Mark

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:52 am

T-Mark wrote:Hi guys, mi name Francisco, and I'm chilean... I see u guys are really hyped about Speedy Gonzalez, so I'll give a few details I know about him, especially his characteristics and such...
In this moment, he is our best player all around, even though he just "resigned" to our national squad, because of the infamous lady incident in France... the deal on that, is that he and another team mate, after the match between Chile and Cote d'Ivoire, were in their room, when these chicks bypassed security, and went to their room to get autographs, and obviously get something else... at the end, nothing happened, since he is happily married to Gissele, but our national squad coach never gave him support, and actually made it public, so obviouslu he got ****ed off..

As a player, he doesn't have ure tipical latin "skills", but he is fast as hell, has a ferocious left strike, and huge stamina... Centering is one of his flaws, since he sometimes has his shoes on backwards, and sends the ball off to the galley... But he has gotten quite better at that after playing in Albacete and Real Sociedad... He is young, so don't ask him to be your new Kewell just yet... give him time...

Oh, and something that isn't quite known about him... he is one hell of a nodder too!!!!

Have patience, and he will play very well... just remember that the minor squads here in Chile don't receive the training u have in England... But he has the mentality to succeed... and.. He is dying to play in Liverpool!!!

Hi mate thanks for the information on Speedy, hopefully we will see him in action for us soon.
account deleted by request

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:47 am

Thanks for the info, T-Mark.

On his crossing weaknesses, I'm sure they will work on this to improve his crossing abilities. Rafa is well known for being meticulous and detailed in his work and being a young player, Mark Gonzalez can only improve. The most important thing in him is his attitude and willingness to work hard to improve.

If Rafa can coax a CL winning performance from a relatively poor Liverpool team in 2004/05 (remember, we had the likes of Traore, Smicer, Igor and the lot of Houllier's bad signings) and brought markedly obvious improvements in 2005/06, he should be able to do better in 2006/07. I'm looking forward to Gonzalez delivering the goods for us.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:16 pm

After being forced to wait a year, Mark Gonzales looks likely to finally make his Liverpool debut in Saturday's pre-season friendly with Crewe.

The Chilean winger is keen to get his Liverpool career started and claims he has been preparing himself for the last year by doing his homework on English football.

'I watched a lot of Liverpool's games last season and a lot of other English football because I wanted to be properly prepared for what lies ahead. I didn't want to come here cold so I have done my homework,' said Gonzalez.

'In Spain if you are touched by a defender it is a foul every time. The same is not true in England. Most times when you are touched it is play on so I have to be aware of that. I will just have to get used to that style of play.

'I hope I can make an impact in English football straightaway and I hope that all my homework stands me in good stead but if it takes me a little while to find my feet then I would think that is only normal.

'I'm new here and what I will have to do is train hard and play hard when I get the chance if I want to really stake my claim for a place in the first team.'

vitalfootball
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:23 pm

I'm still fuming twelve months on that Wimbolton got a permit for their Oman keeper while we couldn't for Gonzalez. Chile were ranked higher than Oman, makes no sense.

Good to finally have him here, now FIFA have gone from one set of joke rankings (Greece outside top 20, Mexico and USA top 5) to another set of joke rankings (Greece outside the top 20, England top 5, Scotland 41 and so on) it'll be fun to see who is and isn't given a work permit. Don't you think it strange European Champions Greece are only ranked 9 places above Scotland?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:25 pm

Owzat wrote:I'm still fuming twelve months on that Wimbolton got a permit for their Oman keeper while we couldn't for Gonzalez. Chile were ranked higher than Oman, makes no sense.

Good to finally have him here, now FIFA have gone from one set of joke rankings (Greece outside top 20, Mexico and USA top 5) to another set of joke rankings (Greece outside the top 20, England top 5, Scotland 41 and so on) it'll be fun to see who is and isn't given a work permit. Don't you think it strange European Champions Greece are only ranked 9 places above Scotland?

nothing with FIFA suprises me anymore to be honset. they're an absolute joke.

today they've given zidane a 3 game ban and fined him ten shillings, despite the fact that he's retired. :no
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tommycockles » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:07 pm

Owzat wrote:I'm still fuming twelve months on that Wimbolton got a permit for their Oman keeper while we couldn't for Gonzalez. Chile were ranked higher than Oman, makes no sense.

I do find it strange European Champions Greece are only ranked 9 places above Scotland- how the hell did Scotland get ranked that high!!!
:D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:26 pm

Welcome to Anfield Speedy  :bowdown
82-1074641017

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:31 pm

A Latvian serial rapist could get entry into this country with no questions asked, and yet a footballer is refused for months upon months simply because he's from Chile.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:32 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:A Latvian serial rapist could get entry into this country with no questions asked, and yet a footballer is refused for months upon months simply because he's from Chile.

True.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion