Mark gonzalez in san sebastian - Getting ready for the lfc first squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:05 am

Hi mates, I open this thread to keep you posted about everything concerning Gonzalez.

I'll watch him every week in Anoeta. This town is small, so I'll know if he goes out at nights.

He's already here. Looks like he has been mate of Etxarri or scouter for a long time :D

He has said to be happy there (he would have said the same in La Coruña) and stated that he'll say more things once he passes the medical test, which will happen this morning.

Expect a weekly report everytime he plays. Press here also covers trainings, so I'll tell you as well how hard he trains.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:08 am

Thanks for that Sabre,it will be intresting to see how he gets on.By the way do you think the Victor deal is now off.
SALTROCK67

Postby redmikey » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:10 am

Nice one sabre.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:13 am

Thanks for that Sabre,it will be intresting to see how he gets on.By the way do you think the Victor deal is now off.

I don't think anything about rumours, but the press that I rely on, said so yesterday. As soon as I know smething I'll tell you, I'm nothing more than a supporter, not a pundit! :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:59 am

Thank you for the extra mile, sabre ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:03 pm

The Real Sociedad doctors have dispelled any doubt about Mark GOnzalez's Knee and he passes the medical exam without problems.

Mark is going to train from today, and according to him "I'm not still at 100% percent, but definitely I'm match fit". "I love to be here, San Sebastian is a city I love".

Gonzalez is more than likely to be in the starting eleven against Real Mallorca this Weekend.

IN the other hand, official facts of the loan deal have been known today
Eventually, it has been known the loan deal. Real Sociedad will pay 25% of his contract, with no buy option. That's 125.000 €, so his annually wages in Anfield are 500.000 € (quite cheap IMHO) not 1.000.000 as some sources initially stated.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:55 pm

Thank you for that Sabre, I generally dont give my opinion on topics and just read what everyone else has to say, but your knowledge of the spanish league and players is always very helpful so keep it up!

Looking forward to seeing how gonzales gets on for the rest of the season and hopefully his injury is behind him! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby banana » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:24 pm

Sabre wrote:Image

The Real Sociedad doctors have dispelled any doubt about Mark GOnzalez's Knee and he passes the medical exam without problems.

Mark is going to train from today, and according to him "I'm not still at 100% percent, but definitely I'm match fit". "I love to be here, San Sebastian is a city I love".

Gonzalez is more than likely to be in the starting eleven against Real Mallorca this Weekend.

IN the other hand, official facts of the loan deal have been known today
Eventually, it has been known the loan deal. Real Sociedad will pay 25% of his contract, with no buy option. That's 125.000 €, so his annually wages in Anfield are 500.000 € (quite cheap IMHO) not 1.000.000 as some sources initially stated.

Can't see a player at 500 a year. If Sociedad keeps him for 6 months and pay 25% of his wages for 6 months that is 12,5% of his annual wage rate. 12,5% of 1 million is 125.000 as you reported. So then he should be on 1 million a year.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:31 pm

:blush:

And I've done a scientific career with complicated maths!

My mistake. Thank You!  :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:41 pm

with no buy option

Bloody good thing,
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:39 am

Gonzalez about himself in the introduction to the team (It's a social act that is always done here, a player must say some typical things, and then make a show with the ball, trying to give as many as touches to the ball as possible without touching the ground. Spain is different)

I like this team because I reckon that with slight modifications it's a good squad (the modifications are the new players). Now I think of Real Sociedad, altough I might must come back to Liverpool in the future (standard new player praise).

About his injury

It's 2 months since I'm training normally. And if I'm not ready to play 90 mins now, I'll be soon.

About his play

I am pacy. Perhaps that's my main feature. I know defending aswell and even scoring some goals . I must improve my tactic aspect of the game, but I hope to keep learning here

About his final decission (seemingly it was his decission more than Liverpool's) to come to San Sebastian

In the Liverpool dressroom Xabi ALonso was the most happy for my pick, he was very happy indeed about the idea

Well mates, that's the introduction. Now, the stuff that matters. Games. I can't wait to see the player. I think I'm going to look more at him than the game itself!  :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:59 am

You're a good man Sabre.

All of your insight is greatly appreciated. :)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:46 am

exclusive one, sabre
thanks for this :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:27 am

Sabre wrote:Hi mates, I open this thread to keep you posted about everything concerning Gonzalez.

I'll watch him every week in Anoeta. This town is small, so I'll know if he goes out at nights.

:laugh:  Sabre , you're sounding dangerously obsessive .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:39 am

Sabre , you're sounding dangerously obsessive

Aye, I know that. But when you know some of the basts of my team and you've end up some nights somewhere and they were there, you're :censored: off because you work *cough* hard and they earn a lot of money to be proffesionals. The least they can do is not finisshing at 6 am somewhere. :)

BTW, question of a :censored:.

Journalist twát: How come you didn't get a buy option in a player that hasn't counted much for Liverpool?

Director Bakero: Dead simple, he's recently signed there and they're VERY interested on the player
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion