Mark gonzalez in san sebastian - Getting ready for the lfc first squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:39 pm

Only caught the final moments when the ath madrid guy was sent off. Did Gonzalez play, never saw him I don't think.

Yes , you saw an aggression of the Atletico player, but it was our player who was sent off. We've been robbed, we made a goal on side and the ref disallowed it when he saw we scored. :angry: Classic robbery, even the Madrid press admits it.

Gonzalez only 15 minutes, didn't have time to show much. He's still getting his fitness in training sessions, but he'll be in the starting eleven soon enough.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:55 pm

just watching valencia - barcelona now. 1-0 to valencia still.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:22 pm

Sabre, in the 2 sub appreances he has made, which side has he played on, left or right?

And do you know if he is left or right footed?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:06 pm

Left. But he's not this kind of that player that only uses his right to have balance, he uses right well too.

But his stamina has a lot to improve. He's having "overcharges" in the muscles of the leg he had injured. I think Rafa was a bit optimistic when he  said he wanted him in the first team in the 2 or 3 weeks. I think he still needs 2 weeks more to be fully fit. But I have little doubts about his class.

He continues working hard himself, even out of the scheduled training session.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kishan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:37 pm

RS v Valencia is going to be on Sky sports this Sunday evening.  Sabre, do you know if Mark will
get a start in this game?  Gonna be watching it.  Can't wait to see how he plays.
Kishan

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:33 pm

RS v Valencia is going to be on Sky sports this Sunday evening.  Sabre, do you know if Mark will
get a start in this game?  Gonna be watching it.  Can't wait to see how he plays.

Perhaps. It's more than likely he'll play the match, but I'm not sure about he's still for 90 minutes, still work to do to play at that level.

But Viafara besides insulted was sent off after being kicked (as you hear it) so chances are that the temporary option that we had in left wing, Stevanovic (Slovenian) will go to the middle and the Gonzalez will play in the starting eleven.

I don't think he'll play 90 mins  , though.

For those who like good strikers, keep track of Skoubo in our team, and Villa in Valencia. I'm sure that even Stu will agree that they're good.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:25 pm

iam looking forward to the real sociedad v valencia game. as sabre says this skoubo looks a good player... and of course a rare chance to see mark gonzalez in action.
did anyone see the valencia v barca game? aimar was superb.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:13 am

Real Sociedad 1 - Valencia 2

Leveled match, but Valencia was deadly on second half and didn't forgive two mistakes.

Gonzalez had 32 mins. Not a good match. We could see he's one of the fastest of the liga though, he can outrun anybody (he'd be the fastest of LFC too, including Cisse).

BTW He tried one cross, not good, it was a lower strong cross. Tried 3 dribblings with no luck. No range shots. But he's not cráp ,  he just needs matches. He's the kind of player that can easily dribble any player by speed, but he's not that good in the dribbling when there's a crowded defence, he leaves behind the first man, not the second, unlike Prieto. But I think he just need matches. He's been without playing lots of time. It's good he's in Real Sociedad, the level of exigence there is in Liverpool would trigger lots of unfair comments if he had the work permit in January... he has a long way to recover his full form.

Don't worry mates, I've seen lots of football and there are 6-7 teams worse than we are. We have lost the last two difficult matches, but with the new signings (Viafara,Stevanovic,Gonzalez,Skoubo(another class goal today)) we're not going to have troubles at all, and I've seen plenty of primera division.

BTW , I wouldn't mind to see him as a left back, as he's far better what we have in that position and he played in that position back in Chile. Anyway, not a good game
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:01 am

I watched the game aswell. Quick goal from Sociedad, the game was only 10 seconds old i think when they scored. Whats happened to Nihat Sabre? And where does Kovacevic play these days?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:07 am

I watched this game last night.  Thought Gonzales had lightning pace and he definitely likes to run at defences.  Give him the license I say.  He's got the pace and if Sabre says he has a long way to go, I can't wait to see him 100% fit.
jonnymac1979

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:02 pm

I watched the game aswell. Quick goal from Sociedad, the game was only 10 seconds old i think when they scored. Whats happened to Nihat Sabre? And where does Kovacevic play these days?

Kovacevic is injured until next season. He was recovering from a heal injury, he hurried too much in the recover, and the Achiles heal broke again. Nothing until next season, in which him and Skoubo will be our strikers.

Nihat just has a slight injury, he'll come back. And he's one of the reasons so that I'm quiet about our problems in the league.

Did you see Alonso? the one who doesn't tackle? yes, yesterday he tackled twice! a record!! but don't feel guilty if you didn't see him, it's like that. Prieto, who's liked by Rafa, appeared in the second half .
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:16 pm

Yeah Prieto had a lively game.  I knew Rafa was interested in him so I watched him closely.  Gonzales does look an exciting prospect though, even only half-fit.
jonnymac1979

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:41 pm

I wouldn mind that Novo joining us Sabre.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:14 pm

Hey Sabre, who is the first choice left sided winger for Sociedad? And how important is he to the first team? What is the chance of Gonzalez taking over from him for the rest of the season?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:27 pm

Since De Pedro left, we have lacked somebody decent there. We are patient with our youngsters, but the natural replace for De Pedro, Barkero, and Gabilondo have not evolved.

Thus a natural midfielder like Aranburu,  great player (he was Xabi ALonso's partner in our great season) was moved to the left, but he was injuried due to a nasty tackle this season and won't be ready until the next. So we've been trying with Novo, a good player (he is, Bavlondon) but who's natural position is on the right, and Uranga, the option we're using now, decent attacking midfielder - forward, who's main feature is the fight and determination.

So Gonzalez's chances are high to get the position, but right now he can't play 90 minutes. I reckon he'll do that in one month time.

So far he's given us 2 points against Mallorca, and two average performances in the other minutes he had. But he's working hard, and I think he's class. Let's be patient.

Working permit granted or denied, he was not ready for the premier, let alone Liverpool, just yet. He'll be in one month time or so.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion