Mark gonzalez in san sebastian - Getting ready for the lfc first squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:54 pm

kingycrouch wrote: :D

Are you going for some kind of record? 104 posts in 6 days.

:no
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:54 am

What was madman after 10 days? Anyone know? We be a close call who would have more
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:46 pm

any one heard anything about marks permit ?
Kopite-Jud

Postby EddieC » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:37 pm

Dunno, but he's eligible for a Spanish passport this summer, so looks like problem solved :)
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield Kop » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:24 pm

Might be that LFC are waiting for the 1st of July to make it official
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:00 am

EddieC wrote:Dunno, but he's eligible for a Spanish passport this summer, so looks like problem solved :)

I heard somewhere, that, yes this is the case, but it will that several months for the Spanish authorities to approve the passport.  If he doesn't get a UK work permit, then it will be Jan before he plays for Liverpool.  :no
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingycrouch » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:38 am

i reckon they shud stop pis sing us about and give him his permit bcoz chile are in the top 70 in the world so he shud get it by the end of next month
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:54 pm

the hearing for his work permit application is on july 5th.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:16 pm

From The Echo:

MARK GONZALEZ will discover next week if he can begin his Liverpool career.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry will attend a hearing which determines if the Chile winger has been given a work permit.

A specially convened panel assembled by the department for education and employment will decide the case.

If Gonzalez gets the go-ahead, he can begin pre-season training with the rest of the squad.

The hearing takes place on Wednesday, July 5.

Meanwhile, Liverpool and Seville have reached stalemate in negotiations for Brazilian winger Daniel Alves.

Talks were set to continue today as Benitez decides whether to call off his pursuit of the right winger.

Steven Gerrard believes Wayne Rooney's return to fitness can fireEngland to World Cup glory.

"It will be crucial for the team if he keeps getting fitter and fitter," claimed Gerrard.

"If he gets a goal for his confidence as well I'm surehe can lead us all the way."

Portugal will be without the suspended Deco and Costinha for the clash next Saturday.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:03 pm

GONZALEZ DECISION EXPECTED NEXT WEEK

Liverpool will discover next week if Mark Gonzalez is to be finally granted the work permit required to enable him to play in Rafael Benitez's new-look Liverpool side this season. 
The 21-year-old Chile international spent part of last season on loan with Real Sociedad after Liverpool failed to gain the necessary permit to play in England.

Now Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry will attend a hearing which will determine if the player receives a work permit this time around. If the hearing is a success, Gonzalez will join up for his new team-mates for pre-season training in July.

Writing in his liverpoolfc.tv column last month, Parry stated: "I can confirm that we have put in a work permit application for Mark Gonzalez. He's now fully fit which he wasn't at this time last year and has been playing well for Spanish side Real Sociedad.

"We are also seeking a long-term deal whereas initially it was a one-season loan. The other plus is that Chile have broken into the world's top 70 in the FIFA rankings. Mark has had a significantly better season in terms of showing the quality we always knew he had.

"We believe our case is much stronger this time round and he would be a great acquisition for us. The player is exciting and incredibly quick. He can knock it five yards past players and run by them, reminiscent of Steve Heighway at his peak. He can also beat defenders and has got a trick as well. The authorities normally respond fairly quickly and I anticipate we will have a decision in time for pre-season." 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152733060626-1456.htm

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:58 pm

He cant be eligible for a Spanish passport as some people are claiming as if he was wohy would Liverpool apply for a work permit then ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:00 pm

bavlondon wrote:He cant be eligible for a Spanish passport as some people are claiming as if he was wohy would Liverpool apply for a work permit then ?

Word is, he's applied for a Spanish passport and is probably eligible but that the process will take several months, hence it is faster to go the work permit route.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:15 pm

His passport application would only enable him to play from January next year. So he would probably have to go on loan for 6 months again.
account deleted by request

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:24 pm

Wahooo a Class Left Winger fingers crossed he aint injury prone like the others :;):
Kopite-Jud

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:55 am

This is all :censored:, when we applied the other week the word was that we will know in a 'few days'. Now its in July!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion