Mark gonzalez in san sebastian - Getting ready for the lfc first squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:47 pm

Id rather have Kewell than Zenden. Kewell is much more creative and he showed up many Chelsea players that day.

Zenden took so long to settle and then got injured, I dont think people can be arsed to go through 2 months of his running into players and loose passes again.

Kewel and Gonzalez could maybe be the best left sided players in the Premiership. Although I do like Downing.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingycrouch » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:36 pm

downing is rubbish
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:58 pm

kingycrouch wrote:downing is rubbish

if you saw him play for boro or for england (against Trinidad and Tobago) you wouldn't say that.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:25 pm

How can you justify that. He is a very skilled player and Englands only natural left sided midfielder worth mentioning.

Im sure that if we did not have Gonzalez or Kewel Rafa would be pursuing him with great interest.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:26 am

Good Bob wrote:
kopite_1232002 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
RedWolf35 wrote:kopites statement seemed perfectly reasonable to me

ok a doctor is always going to be far more important than a footballer of course they are but its still the same principle

both working & paying tax in this country

please lets not start some debate about racism etc, etc

The comments context was fair but the comment which insinutated that indian doctors are "defacing" the country is completely out of order and ignorant.

im not a racist,

my point was y can other people come from diffent countrys, and have no problem gettin a work permit.

Because mark is from chilli what makes him diffrent from some one comin to work from france russia america, etc, thats my point

end ov the day the lad will be taxed loads and loads so surly it will benifit out country him workin here.....

my point about defacing the country was, he isnt cummin over here to start a riot or somethin is he, hes cummin to play football.... and to be honest Bav it sikickens me you thinkin i was bein racist... im far from it m8

only last nite i went the stripers and paid a BLACK dancer five english pounds to dance for me...

How stupid are you?

Firstly learn to use propper words. Secondly French people don't need a work permit because they are part of the EU.

any one told u u r a tit
kopite_1232002

Postby babu » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:10 am

Hey Kopite,

You might be interested in this thread:
http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=11492

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:23 am

kopite_1232002 wrote:and to be honest Bav it sikickens me you thinkin i was bein racist... im far from it m8

only last nite i went the stripers and paid a BLACK dancer five english pounds to dance for me...

Haha- funniest way to claim you're not racist!!! but only £5- for a private dance that's got to be a bargain!!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:21 pm

What has happened with Gonzales work permit, has he got one or not? I thought we would have heard something by now.
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:27 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Bav, Gonzalez could well end up a flop, let the guy arrive first, before you start branding him the best of anything.

Zenden took so long to settle and then got injured, I dont think people can be arsed to go through 2 months of his running into players and loose passes again.

A bit like Garcia then?
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:28 pm

tommycockles wrote:
kopite_1232002 wrote:and to be honest Bav it sikickens me you thinkin i was bein racist... im far from it m8

Haha- funniest way to claim you're not racist!!! but only £5- for a private dance that's got to be a bargain!!!

I take it you go to strip bars then?  :D
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:31 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

if you saw him play for boro or for england (against Trinidad and Tobago) you wouldn't say that.

From what I've seen of him, he's looked average, sure he can ran at players, then so can Cisse, does that make him great? Downing's injuries have blited his growth as a player, he still has years of experience to gain before he can consider himself a great winger. Altho I dare say Steve McClaren being incharge of England means Stewart will be playing in almost every game for England.
48-1119859832

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:54 pm

0asis wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:

From what I've seen of him, he's looked average, sure he can ran at players, then so can Cisse, does that make him great? Downing's injuries have blited his growth as a player, he still has years of experience to gain before he can consider himself a great winger. Altho I dare say Steve McClaren being incharge of England means Stewart will be playing in almost every game for England.

I'm not saying he's brilliant but by no means is he rubbish. There are huge differences between cisse and downing, not only can downing run but he can also whip in crosses. When downing and lennon came on against T&T they changed the game. Lennon changed it mostly but what possession downing had, he did good things with it. If you saw Boro's UEFA cup campaign he was instrumental in that run. At times he was playing left back and left wing, which shows his defensive capabilities and his endurance as a player.

Although as you say injuries have affected him, but if he stays injury free, I feel that he will become not only a good winger but as he is only 22 he has time to become a great winger.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:15 pm

I agree with what you say, but to call him a good player is going rather OTT. He's at the moment average at best and he's probably only in the England team because England lack depth on the left flank and he's our only left winger. I think in order for Downing to progress he needs to go to a top team. He could well be Ryan Giggs' replacement at United.
48-1119859832

Postby kingycrouch » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:18 pm

:D
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:39 pm

Ok the topic is drifting here. So has anyone heard of any desicons yet on Mark. Im sure its already gone through as it was a formatility. If there were any complications Im sure there would have been all sorts of paper talk about it.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion