Mark gonzalez in san sebastian - Getting ready for the lfc first squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:05 pm

If getting minutes in a competitive league while he gets the Spanish passport in order to then enter the passport through the DoE ar.ses was not good enough deal for Liverpool, the news that have been a wind up tomorrow morning in San Sebastian, confirms that Rafa is a clever man.

It has been known today according to the local serious press (the one that has contact with the RS board) that Rafa himself put a condition in order to loan Gonzalez to RS. By this condition, Liverpool will have a prefferencial situation with any player that RS decides to sell. That's to say, not that Liverpool will buy cheaper, but RS *must* query to LFC if they're interested in the player that they want to sell.

According to this same press (that I rely on) the only two names that Rafa was interested were Prieto (as I already advanced in the rumor mill) and Riesgo, the keeper.

For example, imagine that RS needs to sell Riesgo, and Villareal offers 2M quid. RS must query to LFC if they are interested, and if LFC equals or improves the offer the player will go always to Liverpool.

TBH, this is good news to Liverpool, the deal was already good enough for Liverpool as it was. Bakero, former national squad and RS and Barcelona player, said that relationship with LFC is excellent. Which is nice :)
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:09 pm

cheers sabre, do you have any video clips of prieto in action?
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:13 pm

I have some complete bit torrent games, but I haven't got the time to rip off the interesting bits :(

Same way Alonso is a classic midfielder, he's a classic winger, with great dribbling and great touch for crosses. In two years, national squad, prolly.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:57 pm

Congratulations on your win Sabre. You needed it.
Erica

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Thank you, RS forum is cheering the historical Zaragoza 6:1 win against Madrid too.

And it was so obvious, that even the :censored: of Marca couldn't blame to the ref or other puny pretexts they use to wield :laugh: watching Beckham's face was a poem :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:40 pm

Sabre, I've read in various places that we've struck a deal with Real Sociedad (part of the Gonzalez loan deal) that we have first refusal on all of their players.

If any club comes in for their players, we will have the option of matching the bid.

As far as you know, is this true or complete b#llocks?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:46 pm

Completely true. I tried to explain that 3 posts ago, but didn't quite know how to translate "derecho de tanteo" and I translated it as "Real Sociedad must query liverpool if they're interested"

As I said, Mark Gonzalez getting minutes in a top league and a serious club, was good enough for Liverpool (he'll also get the spanish passport and thus the right to play in england) but this bit of information, confirms that Rafa is a clever man!

The relationship between  the 2 clubs of my heart  is excellent, not surprising, because we have many values in common when it comes to football, our achievements though, are not similar. :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:05 pm

I really like Real Sociedad, they have very pasionate fans and seem very similar to Liverpool supporters, the people seem similar too :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:17 pm

Does Mikel Alonso play for Sociedad also? Is he as good as his brother?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:23 pm

I really like Real Sociedad, they have very pasionate fans and seem very similar to Liverpool supporters, the people seem similar too

No, Anoeta is a morgue :D, but that's athletism tracks fault, we used to be passionate. :D I just laugh when some of you complain about the atmosphere of Anfield when there's a "normal game". You're used to great standards of supporting. But we are a good crowd, we never boo our players for instance :) and never had troubles to clap and be respectful to teams that outplay us, unless they're Real Madrid :)
I always thought that those values of the crowd are good, and the Anfield Crowd is the best of england in that sense

And no, Mikel Alonso is not like his brother bablondon  He's a midfielder too, but he lacks the vision, the touch and the tackling of Alonso. He runs a lot during the game, and that's appreciated by the crowd, but how can you be  a good defensive midfielder if you don't tackle at all?.

Fortunately with the guy that we've brought from Pompey, Viafara, he has a decent defensive midfielder behind him to do the tough-dirty work, and now perhaps we may see his more creative part. I'm not too confident, though. The goal of Gonzalez was an assist from Alonso, not sure if it was intended or not, though :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:23 pm

Paul C wrote:I really like Real Sociedad, they have very pasionate fans and seem very similar to Liverpool supporters, the people seem similar too :)

they can play a bit too... hey sabre can we all come to san sebastian for holiday   ??? :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:14 pm

Yeah, hope in the next signing up there's a friendly agreement.

I reckon some of you have learnt using PPlive lately. Atletico Madrid - Real Sociedad is given in Shandong and Shangai channels. Gonzalez is not going to be in the starting eleven because he still lacks match fitness and can't play 90 mins according to himself. But he's likely to appear through out the game. You'll have the chance to watch Prieto too. Since NIhat is injured for a week, he's going to occupy his place as an attacking midfielder or second forward (still to see) for the first time in many time (he used to do that on lower categories). You could also see how Xabi's brother doesn't tackle in 90 minutes.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:46 pm

good tip. ill be watching valencia v barcelona later on as well.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:33 pm

At least he is playing first team football and joining liverpool for pre-season training with a few games under his belt.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:01 pm

Atletico Madrid 1 - Real Sociedad 0

Only caught the final moments when the ath madrid guy was sent off. Did Gonzalez play, never saw him I don't think.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion