Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:29 pm

looks dead promising

thanx sabre on the info  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:34 pm

By the sounds of it and by the video clips he does have outstanding acceleration. He looks very short, and light weight though.

How strong is he, does he have a muscular build, is he an aggressive player?

From the video clips I saw he look like a "hit and run" sort of player rather than an intricate dribbler, I personally prefer the latter. But players like this do have their place, and would be especially useful off the bench or against lesser sides.

I'm looking forward to seeing him this year, hopefully Real Socided will play on Sky a few times and then I will be able to form a better opinion.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:47 pm

By the sounds of it and by the video clips he does have outstanding acceleration. He looks very short, and light weight though.

Hmmm, he's not a small player, I expected him being smaller, perhaps he was photographed with Hyppia, but a mate besides me says he's 1.83m (I'm metrical sorry), average height player.I think the way he runs a little bit leaned on front, and makes seem he's smaller.

He's not weak, he had a situation to protect and hold the ball in the last minutes, and was not intimidated by the defender, he was on the far side of Anoeta then, but I'd say he used well his body and elbows, sorry, I must see more in this sense.

In the two minutes he got a ball and showed he kicks the ball with strenght, he made a good punt, and no senseless, gave Skoubo (great forward) a ball to struggle and that was a relief, the match was ended. As I say, it doesn't look to me he's weak.

How strong is he, does he have a muscular build, is he an aggressive player?

He has a decent tackling ability, he tackled clearly and recovered the ball with a more than decent defensive skill, he didn't show aggression in those situations, I must see more of this too.

From the video clips I saw he look like a "hit and run" sort of player rather than an intricate dribbler, I personally prefer the latter. But players like this do have their place, and would be especially useful off the bench or against lesser sides.

I think you're right, but I disagree in what I preffer. The latter is nicer to see, but in the liga and the premier everything is too fast, and you often have 2 defenders waiting if you think about it 1 second before you dribble (I hope that made sense in english).

I'm looking forward to seeing him this year, hopefully Real Socided will play on Sky a few times and then I will beable to form a better opinion.

One last note, 3 crosses.

When he crossed with the ball stopped, he showed a good touch. When he crossed two balls while running, those were low crosses (no height of the ball) and were not bad. I'd like him to provide aerial balls to Skoubo, who has excellent heading, I'll tell you if he's able to do this soon.

Also I think that Alonso can make of Gonzalez a deadly player, as he did with Nihat, I can already see how one of Alonso's passes will make havoc with a deadly fast Gonzalez.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:53 pm

Just saw the goal, great pace and a cool finish, Nice one indeed
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:57 pm

bavlondon wrote:Just saw the goal, great pace and a cool finish, Nice one indeed

where did you see the goal???
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:12 pm

Does the headline of the local press need translating? :)

Well, his match wasn't such an impact . His goal was. when talking about his game, he made a review pretty much saying what I already said, shaky start, lack of competition,confidence with the goal, etc.

He has spoken again today, and he makes an accurate review of how he feels. I'll translate it later.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:15 pm

Is it right we paid 4.5 million for the lad? If we did and given his lack of bigtime exposure, for a cautious and canny man like rafa to pay this sort of money represents something of a big bet on the part of our man.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:32 pm

bigmick wrote:Is it right we paid 4.5 million for the lad? If we did and given his lack of bigtime exposure, for a cautious and canny man like rafa to pay this sort of money represents something of a big bet on the part of our man.

It's based on his abilities in the Premiera Leagua the season before last.

Apparantly Rafa sees him as a massive, massive talent.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:41 pm

I think he only played in their second division though didn't he? Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, merely making the point that if rafa splashed 4.5 million on him, he must really really rate him. To put it into context, this is the same bloke who rumour has it offered 3 mill for walcott.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:03 pm

Great stuff Sabre.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:03 am

Thank you mates, perhaps you don't notice, but you do exactly the same thing for me, I've been a Liverpool supporter for many years, but I take a better grasp of what all it means reading to you all.

------------------

Mark Gonzalez on himself (from www.realsociedad.com)

MARK GONZÁLEZ: "My first match was what anybody would dream for a first match: scoring the winning goal"

The Chilean winger thinks that "after 9 months" without games, he's not still able to play the whole 90 minutes.

He was a little less than a half an hour over the pitch, but Mark Gonzalez was the author of the winning goal for Real Sociedad. "It was so special for me, because being 9 months without a match is hard, and scoring increases your morale a lot", "nevertheless, I'm not in my best form when it comes to rythm and accuracy (We all noticed that the first ten minutes). "it's a goal that I won't forget easily, because of how my situation was the last months, and because of the situation of Real Sociedad, that's why I celebrated it with the crowd"

"Still a long way to be able to play a whole match", he said "but I'm not nervous, because I'm working a lot to recover my best form ASAP". Indeed he is having a different training schedule because "we need a complete squad ASAP (there's lots of injuries), and I personally decided to make an extra work after regular training session, so I talked with Luis (our physio coach) to prepare that extra schedule in order to improve the leg I had injured and in order to minimize the risk of having further injuries". He also said that "I still feel some little pain in some movements, but nothing that will keep me out of games". Nevertheless he reminded again that "he's still not in form to play a whole match"

After saying that, he's been suggested by the journalists that he could fulfill the role of appearing in the last half an hours to break games, and he asnwered "that could be an option, but my ambitions are much higher than that", " my goal is to be in the starting eleven, not to make a couple of good plays"

When asked what's his natural position, he asnwered "left winger, just the position I played", but if Arconada finds I'm necessary somewhere else, I'll do the task enthusiastically. In my career I've played as a left back aswell (that would explain why I saw him a decent tackling) and in Albacete I played as a forward too".

The lads of the dress room have received him well "Before I came I thought it was going to be slightly different (I'd pay to know what was the report of Xabi Alonso, mates) but I arrived and they made me feel as if I was an old friend of them. That was great. ". He admitted that chances are that he'll be in Liverpool in summer but assured that he'd give his best now in present time, as summer is the future.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:08 am

Sabre wrote:He admitted that chances are that he'll be in Liverpool in summer but assured that he'd give his best now in present time, as summer is the future.

Thats a good thing to hear.

Shows he obviously cares about his football and knowing if he does whats best for himself he'll be helping Sociedad and in the long term Liverpool FC.
115-1073096938

Postby red37 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:01 am

hope this works, mark gonzalez winning goal for real sociedad.

great strike!

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/128566072?-11194

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby matrix » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:25 am

red37 wrote:hope this works, mark gonzalez winning goal for real sociedad.

great strike!

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/128566072?-11194

NICE ONE RED37  I JUST HOPE THE DEAL STILL GOES THROUGH  HE STILL NEEDS THAT WORK PERMIT...THE HOME OFFICE   :angry: 

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:01 am

If I am not mistaken, the British work permit criteria is that the plauyer must have played in 75% of his country's internationals over the past 2 years and the country must have a certain minimum ranking by FIFA (I can't remember what's the minimum ranking). Is this true?

This will rule out signing "prospects" from South America by British clubs or the discovery and nurturing of players like Samuel Eto'o like Real Madrid did when he was just 16.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion