Mark gonzalez in san sebastian - Getting ready for the lfc first squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:46 pm

Excellent sabre.. i'll be watching the La liga too, but not sociedad  :D  if sociedad plays barca or real in the future i will watch  :laugh:

btw.. didnt anyone think about pinning this thread temporarley? mods what do you think?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:06 pm

I disagree, if S Gerrard and Alonso have not a pinned post, why should have one a player that still has to convince Anfield? this is only his road to Anfield, so the thread as it is will do.

Thank you for your appreciation though!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Sabre wrote:I disagree, if S Gerrard and Alonso have not a pinned post, why should have one a player that still has to convince Anfield? this is only his road to Anfield, so the thread as it is will do.

Thank you for your appreciation though!

just a thought
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:17 pm

nah lad, this thread is important.

Thanks Sabre

Will be great for others to read about Mark's progress.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:44 pm

According to what's seen in the training sessions, Gonzalez won't be on the starting eleven on Mallorca, but he'll be a sub for sure.

Note that what he has shown so far in the training sessions is good and fast, and rumours from the dressing rooms say he's a cheerful and nice lad. But the new coach (the last one was sacked) seems to want using the new signing progressively, meaning, that nobody doubts that he'll appear through out the game, and he'll be in the starting eleven from next week for sure.

Remember aswell that according to Mark's words he's not for 90 mins right now. The training session have been phisycally HARD this week with the new coach Arconada (brother of the best all time Spanish keeper), I'm waiting a report of a friend that goes there often to know how Gonzalez responded to the hard work.

Some say it's a tactic and he's going to play from the start aswell, but all agree that we'll be able to watch Mark's first minutes.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Morth » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:42 pm

Do you think you could obtain some video clips of him in matches?  Or even traninings, as they're public over there?

Would be nice to actually see him play after all the talk we've had about him.  :)
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:45 pm

I'm not sure of that. We're a primera team but we have not as much as media cover like a word wide club like Liverpool. If I pick clips here and there, of course I'll bring them. I also know some of the games of Sociedad are available in bit torrent but to pick specific parts of the video in which Gonzalez appears is quite an awkward work.

Bottomline I will if I can, and you'll have my reports. :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Morth » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:01 pm

Excellent, agent Sabre. Dismissed!
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:15 pm

???
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:01 am

Can anyone explain how OMAN goalkeeper Al Habsi can get a work permit at Bolton and we can't for Gonzalez when Chile are higher ranked? Do they apply actual rules or just make them up as they go along?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:41 am

Can anyone explain how OMAN goalkeeper Al Habsi can get a work permit at Bolton and we can't for Gonzalez when Chile are higher ranked? Do they apply actual rules or just make them up as they go along?

Don't look for complicated political reasons, I think that the one that took the decission is a regular in Stamford Bridge, that's all.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:29 pm

On a bright note, Mark Gonzalez came on for Real Sociedad and scored an 84th minute winner in their 2-1 victory over Real Mallorca.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:56 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:On a bright note, Mark Gonzalez came on for Real Sociedad and scored an 84th minute winner in their 2-1 victory over Real Mallorca.

Sh1t hot, I'm well excited about this lad and was gutted when he couldn't get his permit  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:09 pm

Owzat wrote:Can anyone explain how OMAN goalkeeper Al Habsi can get a work permit at Bolton and we can't for Gonzalez when Chile are higher ranked? Do they apply actual rules or just make them up as they go along?

maybe because he won alot of caps for his country? ???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:22 pm

On a bright note, Mark Gonzalez came on for Real Sociedad and scored an 84th minute winner in their 2-1 victory over Real Mallorca.

True.

Mark Gonzalez had 30 minutes today. First 15 minutes were dull in attack, he was noticing both the pace of primera division (in la liga we play fast since the nineties, and Danish players also reckon that), he didn't have that extra fractions of second to think and made some mistakes. Some idiots even started to mutter things in the stands, I was tempted to smack a couple of younger heads on front of me.

But well, in that first 15 minutes he also showed good attitude in the pitch, tackled two balls, helped defensively with  a header in a corner, and was well aware to shut down his wing.

THe next 15 minutes were good. He was given one of those balls that a RB and a LW compete running, and he earnt half a meter every second to the defender. He's fast. Very fast, and considering he lacks minutes to get his best form, that's very good to see.

He dribbles using his speed, with a move of his waist he touches the ball and leaves behinf the defender, I don't think he's a good dribbler when the ball is stop, though, in that sense Kewell is better, but the pace and explosion of Mark, can be very very helpful in the premiere and in the liga, in Europe, that's to say.

And the goal, he was marked, but he has that flair (Not sure if this is the word) that makes him react faster than the defender  and finished superbly in a difficult position as, he was very leaned back and it's very likely the ball ends up very high on those situations. Superb goal, he jumped the ads, he shaked his shirt, and was full of joy. He was the hero of the night.

His boots were red, btw :).

My score: Good 30 minutes 7.5/10. I want to see more, and I want to see him 90 minutes. Promising.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion