Mark gonzalez - He has passed his liverpool medical

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tommycockles » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:38 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4361842.stm

Winger Mark Gonzalez says he has passed his Liverpool medical and will begin training with the club next month.
Liverpool have agreed to sign the 21-year-old Chilean from Spanish side Albacete on a four-year deal.
"I am delighted a deal has been agreed - I only have to wait for the papers," Gonzalez told Spanish news agency Efe.
He will be unable to play for Liverpool until at least the start of next season as the club cannot apply for a work permit until next summer.
In August, Liverpool's bid to sign Gonzalez collapsed after the Home Office refused him a work permit because Chile's Fifa ranking was too low.
When Liverpool tried to sign him he had just suffered a knee injury.
Gonzalez has now returned to Chile, where he is continuing his rehabilitation.
He said he was surprised by Liverpool's patience "because not all teams would wait for a player as they did".
He added: "Only the biggest teams do that. Now, I have to respond to their confidence with football.
"I'm aware he has shown he has the confidence to sign me while I'm injured.
"This is an extra motivation to prove to everybody that they haven't made a mistake."
Next summer Gonzalez will be eligible for a Spanish passport on the grounds of residency.
However, that process could take several months so Liverpool will apply for a work permit to allow him to play until the passport is received.
Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry said "there is no chance of us being able to apply again in the January transfer window."
Once Gonzalez has fully recovered from his cruciate ligament injury he may well be loaned out from Albacete to a club of Liverpool's choice in Spain to gain further experience before arriving on Merseyside.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:56 pm

But does he have a visa yet ?
66-1112520797

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:59 pm

Bamaga man wrote:But does he have a visa yet ?

I think he's got an American Express - but can't confirm that!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:24 pm

He married his Spanish girlfriend or is marrying her so he will be eligable for a Spanish passport, problem is that he can't reapply here until 12 months after (his first application) :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion