MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 1st team to beat man city at home?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:17 am

All the crowd have to do at kick off is shout out "WE HAVE ULRIKA (clap clap clap clap) WE HAVE ULRIKA ! " then sven will panic and make daft subs. Sorted.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:23 am

Ronaldo wat !!!!!!

The Cocky Pr**k missed a peno ..... :laugh: :laugh:

YESSSSS

C'mon reds its all in your hands !!!!
holylamb2006

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:09 am

Looks like we will be without Hyypia, Agger, Arbeloa, Pennant and Crouch. If that is the case we should play:

Reina

Finnan     Hobbs     Carragher     Aurelio

Gerrard    Alonso   Mascherano    Kewell

Kuyt        Torres

Subs

Voronin
Babel
Benayoun
Riise
Itandje

The only reason I would move Gerrard out on the right on this occasion is because Alonso and Mascherano are more efficient with the ball and will protect Hobbs better. Normally I wouldn’t advocate moving Gerrard from the centre since he has been on such awesome form but in this case it may be necessary.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:47 am

john craig wrote:This is a must-win game for us again, as is every game until we catch up with the scum and Arsenal (or if we catch up for that matter).

United's slip-up means nothing to us without getting maximum points tomorrow.  United are still the biggest threat to the title imo.  I can see Arsenal and Chelsea hitting blips - Arsenal because they have so many young players and will lose Toure and Eboue soon, and Chelsea because of their injuries and the players they will lose to the African Nations Cup.  United on the other hand were starting to look invincible until today.  They won't lose many more games from now til the end of the season (that's 3 they've lost already), so it's essential that we capitalise on them losing today.

Absolutely. Manchester United's loss today and Chelsea and Arsenal's loss of points during the midweek makes this match bigger than it already was. The other top three have given up ground that Liverpool NEED to take advantage of.
skatesy

Postby saetiakidLFC » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:31 am

Its there for the taking now

Chavski's luck will run out soon, theyve been the worse side in many of there recent games (last four for sure). They WILL drop more points along the way.
Manure WILL continue to drop vital points to mid table teams (Bolton & West Ham) and i reckon Birmingham will hold them to a draw (Wishing).
Arsenal will lose vital players in the africa cup thingy and there defence is rubbish lol.

A win tommorow would put us right back in the mix. We need to start a run of wins!!! (Rafa please please please buy a good striker to parter Nando!!!)

Physio room says Hyypia and Arbeola are Very Doubtfull for tommorows game! That puts are defence right in the S.hit.

My Team

Reina

Aurellio
Carragher
Agger - He must be fit now surely.
Risse - Not his prefered posistion i know.

Mascherno
Alonso

Kewell
Gerrard
Babel

Torres.

A five man midfield would be brilliant to slow man city's game down!.
Last edited by saetiakidLFC on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
saetiakidLFC

Postby Seano Kop » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:46 am

Arbeloa injured as well now? Man.. Well Riise's decent at Left Back and Aurelio can get the job done on the right. I just hope Agger's fit, because I'm not so sure about Hobbs in Central Defence right now, especially in such a crucial match. Carra will have his work cut out if Hobbs does indeed play.

Give Kuyt another crack. A goal in this game would do his confidence a world of good. He was a bit unlucky not to score against Portsmouth, after some great defending denied him, but really, he doesn't get THAT many chances. He only got 1 or 2 against Marseille and scored.

Torres though, well, let's hop he puts 3 in, maybe 4, and make Ronaldo really :censored: that he missed that penalty :D
Seano Kop

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:13 am

WoW i havent looked this forward to a game since CL final last year lets hope it dont finish the same.

I wont put out a team as that is rafas job but key battles today for me is richards/torres , gerrard/hamman , who ever is right back/Petrov (this one is key cos the guy can play great football).

I put my red tinted glasses on and go for a 3-2 to the pool but its gonna be one of those games we even play really well and stuff them or if we dont its gonna be one of those games.

(yes i know pointing out the obvious)  :eyebrow
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:33 am

What we have seen the last ten years is when the others drop points and we have a chance to capitalise on it we feck it up.

Hopefully that wont be the case today please god just lets gets 3 points.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Foximus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:22 am

ive been saying a 5 man midfield for a long time, wih masch and alonso controlling the middle, StevieG, Kewell and Yossi can push further forward to support Torres.  I think for us at the moment it is our most logical option considering the other front line options(Crouch, babel).  In almost all other cases i would not approve of just the 1 striker but IMHO ATM this is our best option.
Foximus

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:49 pm

Anyone got any news about who's travelled for todays big match? I do hope either Arbeloa, Agger or Hyypia is fit to play alongside Carra.
JamCar05

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:49 pm

Well im off soon leavin me mams about one cant wait wasnt worried yesterday but nerves startin to jangle now come on Reds
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:23 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Well im off soon leavin me mams about one cant wait wasnt worried yesterday but nerves startin to jangle now come on Reds

Take care, and sing loud!

Come on Liverpool!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:49 pm

According to a danish newspaper Agger won't be back today either. The medical staff are supposed to have told Rafa not to use him just yet :(
JamCar05

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:12 pm

JamCar05 wrote:According to a danish newspaper Agger won't be back today either. The medical staff are supposed to have told Rafa not to use him just yet :(

WTF? How can they be so careless.

I think this will be a tough game today. Surey they :censored: up against Chelsea but we have had more :censored: ups are home than they have. I know its only Man City but you cant knock a team high in confidence and form.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:15 pm

The Racing Post:

SVEN-GORAN Eriksson must be commended for the job he has done at Manchester City, but his side may be a little flattered by their spectacular-looking home record.

Apart from Liverpool, City are yet to face Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham and Ports-mouth at Eastlands.

Even the most one-eyed of City fans would admit that Manchester United deserved far more than a 1-0 defeat in August's derby.

Sven's men are not in great form, having won just one of their last six matches in all competitions.

Elano and Martin Petrov are two of the most exciting creative midfielders in the league, but the duo's brilliance cannot mask the fact that City are still lacking a top-class striker.
  The likes of Vassell, Mpenza, Bianchi and Samaras won't concern Reds manager Rafa Benitez unduly, despite fitness doubts over his patched-up defence.

Javier Mascherano may be brought in to keep a close eye on Elano, and these two powerful midfields could end up cancelling each other out.

A moment of individual brilliance from either side could settle it, but at the prices a stalemate makes more appeal.

Recommendation
Draw, 1pt 12-5
---------------------------------------------------------------

Cant argue with that - this is in the same bracket as Portsmouth away and Blackburn away.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion