Man ure v champions of europe

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:04 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i`m not too bothered about that result, okay, to lose to united is a sickner but it just shows how far we have come when we actually expect to win at old trafford.
uniteds manic celebrations at the end of the game were like ours when we beat them in the 90`s, almost like you`ve won the lottery because you`ve beaten a better side. the united players know the score themselves.
realistically the league was never on the cards this year but i think we`ve shown recently that for the first time in fifteen years we are a true force to be reckoned with.
not by pinching results a la houllier but by going to other teams backyards and dictating play. we had a few wins at old trafford in the 90`s but thats the first time in 20 years where we`ve gone there and been the better side.
unlucky reds, you`ll play worse and win.

well said. its not the end of the world, just a cruel way to lose thats pi55ed everyone off.
we bossed it end of story, we switched off too early thats all.

as for cisse...im afraid the vultures are circling. rafa has a week to decide, lets see. because there is no way on earth the guy is going to make it here. better now than the summer imo. if there is time.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby neilE » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:06 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i`m not too bothered about that result, okay, to lose to united is a sickner but it just shows how far we have come when we actually expect to win at old trafford.
uniteds manic celebrations at the end of the game were like ours when we beat them in the 90`s, almost like you`ve won the lottery because you`ve beaten a better side. the united players know the score themselves.
realistically the league was never on the cards this year but i think we`ve shown recently that for the first time in fifteen years we are a true force to be reckoned with.
not by pinching results a la houllier but by going to other teams backyards and dictating play. we had a few wins at old trafford in the 90`s but thats the first time in 20 years where we`ve gone there and been the better side.
unlucky reds, you`ll play worse and win.

my thoughts exactly! We are now a better side than Man U - reminds of a few years back when our only consolation for getting nowhere near the league title was beating them. Manc fans come on here delighted with a lucky last minute win against us - at Ol Traff FFS! We are still the 2nd best team in the league, and unlike the Mancs, getting better all the time. Forget it Man U - you can have a few points off us every now and then. Its your turn to wait 15+ years to win the league again. Bring on Chelsea in a few weeks time. The real top of the table clash!
neilE

Postby John Barnes » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:18 pm

the best way to shut these ar*e bandits up is to go on and win the European cup again this year.

What you will find then on that night in Paris, is that the streets of Manchester will be empty, with tumbleweed rolling down the street, and more tears in peoples eyes than a onion peeling contest.
John Barnes

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:30 pm

John Barnes wrote:the best way to shut these ar*e bandits up is to go on and win the European cup again this year.

What you will find then on that night in Paris, is that the streets of Manchester will be empty, with tumbleweed rolling down the street, and more tears in peoples eyes than a onion peeling contest.

To true mate :buttrock
We'll win it 6 times
We'll win it 6 times
in Gay Paree
We'll win it 6 times :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:39 pm

:D Oh well one good thing about the result I wont have a hangover in the mornin, and it hasnt ruined me weekend. :) Very happy that we are better than them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:57 pm

Talk about robbed!!
We are all gutted as expected but we should take heart that we were the better side!
It leaves such a bad taste in your mouth loosing to the scum in any way,but to deserve victory and concede so late after a great performance hurts like hell.
I cant really fault any of our players today but one!
Id go as far to say Cisse was was absolutley dire,im not getting into why at the minute cause i cant be arsed but what i will say is that his attitude is rotten and he has the workrate of a disabled sloth!Personally i feel he should go and not look back!
Still after all its not the end of the world and we can take something out of the fact that we are 4 points behind them with 2 games in hand..although tonight that is little comfort!
My personal comfort is beer and the Champions League Dvd...just remember we are the champions of Europe and under Senior Benitez we are only going one way!!
Onwards and upwards!!
YNWA
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:58 pm

tell you what, i can stomach the defeat after all, we were in control for most of it and have come on in strides. to go away at old trafford and dominate is an acheivement that shouldnt be waived away lightly. signs of the times etc...

what i CANT stand is the references made about 'munich/best' et al. we are way above all that. 

have some restraint and dignity folks, these are going to crow for a while over it. and gary neville (the poster) is here for a reaction, to which some of you have stooped to very poor comments. its not on and its not right.
its a disgrace to hear sheilds name brought into this too, however they dont know any better, we should.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:14 pm

Despite enjoying a decent amount of posession today we never looked threatening. I didnt think we played particulary well overall but ofcourse Utd are still a tough team on their own patch. They usually do score at home so if you dont bag one its likely you get nothing. Despite not being the force they where they do retain an ability to score because of the quality of their forward line. I think we did enough to show we have closed the huge gap they had over us. If we can find two forwards like they have we will have some team there. They wouldnt get near us.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:21 pm

we had our f.ucking pockets picked...again! Its like going back to the nineties.

The questions is how much blame does Cisse have to take?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:21 pm

The problem was we played to high up the field Kewell never hardly got any cross's in nor did Riise Octopus head Ferdinand blocked every thing coming into Crouch.
Gerrard quality on the right at home but not away from home thats why we are still desparate for a right winger, maybe we would have been better playing Cisse on the right and Gerrard in the middle just behind Crouch?
I duno but today comes possitves also. That we are not the finished article yet.
Rafa will get it right in the end, tactics may have cost us today.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:27 pm

Alot of people are mentioning that we have 2 games in hand. But to be fair we have got harder fixtures then them.

Arsenal Home and Away, we must at least win the one at home.
Chelsea Away,
Newcastle Away, We should win this, espically how rafa doesnt like these high scoring afairs.
Everton Home, Which is a Wildcard.
Bolton Home, Bolton seem to be a bogy team for us.

I just hope we put another good unbeaten run together. I think people are sure we will get second but its alot harder then we think.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:10 pm

I've just spent the last couple of hours refraining myself from kicking the dog,getting p!ssed,or having a sh!t in my neighbours garden (man ure fan).I've tried to reflect on todays performance and a result that beggars belief.Firstly lets take the rose tainted glasses off,today we didnt play well.I agree we were better than Man utd were,but we didnt play well in vital areas.
This Man Utd team is the worst i've seen since the days of Ron Atkinson and they have major problems firstly repeating the success of the 90's but attracting and keeping players there in the years to come i.e. rooney.
To be honest i only ever thought that they were a possible great team between between 1997-2000 and success before that was very nip and tuck and sometimes lucky unlike the Great Liverpool teams between 1975-89.
Anyway back to today Stevie G,Alonso and Sissoko were off colour today in a game where the utd counterparts were in inferior.Yes we controlled possession but 70 percent of our passes forward were wasted and only once did Stevie hit a defence splitting pass which was :censored: up by Cisse but i will get on to him in a minute.It was great having the lions share of the possession but passing it sideways and back for 5 minutes and then finishing off with a hoof up the field that either went out of play or straight back to them was never going to achieve anything.
We needed cool heads and intelligent play in the middle and today we got neither which was a crying shame considering the quality of the midfield in opposition.
Up front we are poor yes i know we have just won 11 out of 12 games but unless our captain gets us out of trouble we are averaging one goal every 9 chances not good for a premiership team let alone a team pushing for the top 3.We have been fortunate that when we have won games our determination and keep football especially at home has got us out of situations.
We need a quality finisher ala Rush,ala Fowler ala Owen ala Aldridge  you get the drift because the four we currently have wont get thirty goals between them if your honest.Cisse is awful and cant trap a bag of cement and his off the ball running for an international forward is disgraceful he needs to go.Nando hes had a year now 0ne goal every 10 games not good enough another one who needs to go.Crouch i would keep i had a gripe about him but the lad can play a role i.e the john toshack role.
Sinema needs for chances and more football he does have it him in,but overall we need that killer finisher in the box.
Yes i'm disappointed and yes we were better than Manure today but hopefully this has opened a few eyes that this Liverpool team has a few steps to make yet but i'm sure under Rafa it will come.
In defence we looked steady again but time and time again when Riise and Carra got the ball they just kicked it into the stands , out of play or to a man utd defender we really need to sort out our distribution and final pass.
Anyway although i'm upset over todays performance i would rather be sitting here reflecting on how we were the better team but lost,than out celebrating a very average and lucky team that are on the way down.
We have won 18 titles,we have won 5 european cups and we have a pedigree that Manure can only dream about.Rafa will get it right but today highlighted that we have a way to go yet............

YNWA
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:23 pm

naturally it's a bag of sh!t whenever we lose to the sh!te, but this time it doesn't feel half as bad to me despite the fact we were the better side for 85 minutes. this time i can relax smugly in the firm belief that we are now a better side than them and that we will finish above them in the league, and that their european campaign has been a comedy shambles

made me laugh in the 1st half when all their fans were singing "we are the pride of all europe..." :D  it shows what little they know to have the idiocy to sing that this season when they flopped like little girls and to sing it at the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS was just unintentional comedy gold   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:32 pm

I think everyone should just relax.  A few years ago under the Houllier regime we were getting excited because we kept beating United.  Unfortunately the following week we'd get beaten by Southampton or Middlesbrough. 

I much prefer the situation this year whereby we are not losing and normally beating every team outside the top three.  Thats how league titles are won and not by just rising our game for annual visits to old trafford.  Let the scum enjoy their victory but I reckon we'll get back to winning ways and they will drop more points against lesser opposition during the next few weeks.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:41 pm

Here here, Sean and Woolly, Benitez wll analyse this game bit by bit and make the lads take not of lapses and poor misses.. hope he lashes Cisse for his shockng performance and miss, time to get shot of, defo
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion