Man united plc subject to police investigation! - Disgraceful!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:05 am

The thing is with the Mancs Shaga, that they never quite worked out, a siege mentality is all very well for team spirit and all that, but it can be taken too far to the point it makes the whole set-up thoroughly dislikeable.
When we were the best team in the world ( for younger fans, this is not the opening line to a song. It really was the case for a number of years,) I don't think we were loathed to anything like the same extent as they have been for the last ten years or so. I'm not suggesting for a second that during that period they have ever attained 'best in the world' status, (one extremely fortunate European Cup final win does not a summer make) but I would concede that they have been the best team in the country for a number of those years. Why then does everybody dislike you so much? It's not just regional rivalry. Scousers are bound to dislike you but why so everybody else?
I think it's a respect issue. Ferguson is frequently ungracious in defeat and a bully to referees and the F.A alike, and the chants and behaviour from the fans just lack a bit of class & respect to be frank. Where's the fervour, the humour? Compare and contrast "you'll never walk alone" with "always look on the bright side of life." Compare the way that the current Arsenal side are admired throughout the football world with the way Man U were detested when they dominated and even today. It's all about the way you do things I guess. There'll be few tears shed for you though when the empire completely crumbles, as it is beginning to do. Of that you can be certain.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:09 am

I present you the Nobel Piece Prize for that post. :blues:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:11 am

Not really sure if it's a compliment or not Buddy but I'll take it anyway. Just be grateful I'm not gonna make a speech. Couple too many Fosters tonight, you probably guessed already.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:11 am

****** Man Utd...they are fcuking jealous of us...we are going to make alot of noises tomorrow against those scum fcuking b@stard!! Good job that I got the tickets for that game!!

Bring it on those b@stards!!!

:angry:
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:13 am

bigmick wrote:Not really sure if it's a compliment or not Buddy but I'll take it anyway. Just be grateful I'm not gonna make a speech. Couple too many Fosters tonight, you probably guessed already.

Its a compliment mate, cheers, have a pint of beer! :blues:
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:14 am

they should give let gerrard and carragher and the spainish lads read it b4 the game give the extra motivation before the game espically the gerrard and carrgher.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:16 am

whatever happens happens because either way I will still take a ****** on Trafford.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:23 am

All the Man u fans will sing SONGS OF PRAISE tomorrow night-will that please you  :laugh:
27 years just waiting for a chance to win a major trophy
Give silverwear a glance
For 27 years we've been living next door to city
CITY, WHO THE F*CK ARE CITY
shagasaurus80

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:25 am

I have something stuck in my throat, its a hairball of BULL-Sh-it
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:26 am

shagasaurus80 wrote:All the Man u fans will sing SONGS OF PRAISE tomorrow night-will that please you  :laugh:

dnt forget the prawn sandwhiches shagasaurus80   :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:07 am

A.B. wrote:I have something stuck in my throat, its a hairball of BULL-Sh-it

that happened to me once, just have a few pints of water and it will soon be gone man  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:09 am

A nice glass of H20 eh
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:32 am

Shagasaurus your comments about Celtic - Rangers are incorrect I'm afraid.  Two years ago I was in Scotland on holiday and my uncle (a Rangers fan) had got tickets for an Old Firm derby at Ibrox.  The atmosphere was tense for sure but abuse of other fans was almost non-existent.  Abuse of players was limited to boos when a particular player had the ball.

After the game when we were at the pub a group of Rangers fans (my uncle not among them) were enjoying a few pints when a group of Celtic fans came in.  I thought to myself 'oh ******, this is going to get nasty!'

It did but in a rather unusual way.  The celtic fans sat down with the Rangers fans and were talking about the game,  one of the Rangers fans said 'that Henrik Larrson is a class player, we could do with someone like him.'
one of the celtic fans said 'yes, but that Craig Moore's incredible.  What a defender we could do with someone like him.'
the rangers fan then says 'ah but still, Larrson is even better in his position then our Craig is in his.'
the celtic fan 'not a chance laddy, Moore is exemplary in that position, he's better in his position than Larrson and thats a fact...'

And so on, them getting more and more vocal and aggressive in their praise for the other teams players until finally one of the rangers fans smashed his celtic counterpart in the face with a bottle
'Now you listen here boy, Larrson is the best player for his position in Scotland and you remember that!'

Bizzare and terrifying and a lot less abusive then the stuff on your official website.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:52 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Shagasaurus your comments about Celtic - Rangers are incorrect I'm afraid.  Two years ago I was in Scotland on holiday and my uncle (a Rangers fan) had got tickets for an Old Firm derby at Ibrox.  The atmosphere was tense for sure but abuse of other fans was almost non-existent.  Abuse of players was limited to boos when a particular player had the ball.

After the game when we were at the pub a group of Rangers fans (my uncle not among them) were enjoying a few pints when a group of Celtic fans came in.  I thought to myself 'oh ******, this is going to get nasty!'

It did but in a rather unusual way.  The celtic fans sat down with the Rangers fans and were talking about the game,  one of the Rangers fans said 'that Henrik Larrson is a class player, we could do with someone like him.'
one of the celtic fans said 'yes, but that Craig Moore's incredible.  What a defender we could do with someone like him.'
the rangers fan then says 'ah but still, Larrson is even better in his position then our Craig is in his.'
the celtic fan 'not a chance laddy, Moore is exemplary in that position, he's better in his position than Larrson and thats a fact...'

And so on, them getting more and more vocal and aggressive in their praise for the other teams players until finally one of the rangers fans smashed his celtic counterpart in the face with a bottle
'Now you listen here boy, Larrson is the best player for his position in Scotland and you remember that!'

Bizzare and terrifying and a lot less abusive then the stuff on your official website.

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:15 am

2 Mancs have been killed drivin over a cliff edge in a spacebus, i think this is an absolute tragedy.......u can get 7 Mancs in a Spacebus!!!!!!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion