Aurelio
1%
Benayoun
30%
Torres
9%

Total votes : 102

Postby fivecups » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 pm

It's rare that there are so many contenders for man of the match, and I've seen many different names put forward since yesterday. Also, it's far too early to stop luxuriating in a superb Anfield victory.

So, simply, who was your man of the match?

(Insua and the subs miss out as I've only ten choices)
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:40 pm

For me Lucus Thought he had a great game always liked him as a player tho sometimes I think he finds it hard in this league.But that said I think that game will really boost his confidence in the fact that if he puts the effort in he can mix it with the best in the league.

Torres goal was sweet tho and I can see why the TV people gave him MOTM but us real experts know different.  :wwww
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby phil_cool » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Benny for me, I thought he gave an outstanding performance. Worked like Kuyt, passed like Alonso and tackled like Mascherano, not that I am in to hyperbole  ::(
phil_cool

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Went with Carra.  he was every inch the captain yesterday, marshalled the defense well, put his body on the line, kept Rooney in his pocket and committed two borderline tackles that seem to have wound Ferguson right up.  Job done! :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:51 pm

There were 11 man of the match out there yesterday, Carra, Lucas, Mash, Torres, Fabio but in the end it had to be Benny.

He's come on so much of late its not true, full of confidence, always willing to run at his man, he´s an ideal player - shame Babel and Reira cant emulate him on the left.

Big hand for Benny.   :bowdown
Last edited by Reg on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Benayoun for me.

He offered the spark of creativity bereft elsewhere on the pitch. Don't get me wrong..he wasn't flawless, but he did supply a cracking through ball for FT to go on and bury and worked like a trojan across the park attempting to pick up and use 'most' of the loose second balls in a fairly efficient way. Carried the ball out of his own 18 yard box a few times and positively effected the teams forward momentum for periods. Should have attempted to score himself when through on Van der Sar from an angle.... on another day he perhaps would have.  At times he has a selfless attribute that might be best ditched in favour of more efforts on goal...But, overall he and (I'd say) Carragher were the most industrious, therefore productive. With the latter making a crucial 'professional foul' late in the game during a key phase. One which 'could' have earnt a second yellow on another day. In any case it wasn't a decisive moment - though it could easily have been had Jamie not 'dealt' with the threat.

All in all a solid 'team' performance with two or three shining lights. Kudos to N'Gog for remaining composed at the end there...he did himself no harm with the goal. Quite a refreshing change from the mediocrity of late in summary and hopefully the 'springboard' our season is so badly crying out for. Then we already knew that...

We'll have to wait and see.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Went with Carra.  he was every inch the captain yesterday, marshalled the defense well, put his body on the line, kept Rooney in his pocket and committed two borderline tackles that seem to have wound Ferguson right up.  Job done! :nod

This.
SupitsJonF

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm

I'd have to say Carra or Benayoun, but a special mention to Agger for a seamless return from injury in such an important game.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Agree with Agger , he was absolutly class  :nod had me drewling , bit of calmness to our defence , made up for him
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:38 pm

I think we would have drawn the game were it not for Torres but I think we would have lost it were it not for Carra. Carra motm all the way for me  :buttrock
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Torres or carra - went for torres
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Interesting to see 3 players get such strong support and no votes for Liverpool's Number 9 who scored the key goal!  Sack Torres!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 pm

I think Agger allowed Carragher to play with his usual conviction ,safe in the Knowledge that in Agger he had a more assured and competent partner alongside him ,that said Jamie was back to his impervious best, and long may it continue  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 pm

I've got to give a nod in the direction of Mascherano as well. He admitted before the match that he was more relaxed following Argentina's world cup qualification and it showed. He was back to his best, reminiscent of last season, popping up all over the pitch. When he plays like that we can play the pressing game that worked so well last season, teams don't get a second to settle on the ball before 2 Liverpool players are on top of them - and if one doesn't get it it's likely the other will.

Pity he got sent off at the end but it's hard to blame him for it you could see how fired up he was, almost as if he couldn't stop himself.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 pm

I chose Agger, he didn't look as physical as Carra and didn't stand out as much but he read the game very well and intercepted some dangerous passes throughout the game.  He did his job in a much quieter way than Carra did but I felt he controlled the defense more.
Zidane

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion