Aurelio
1%
Benayoun
30%
Torres
9%

Total votes : 102

Postby only me » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Im sorry but im sure it was shanks who stated that you cant score if you dont have the ball - possesion is the name of the game and he wanted the team to keep hold of that ball .

He seemed to help the flow of the game on sunday pretty well - the second goal was very fluid indeed including two forward passes from Lucas .

ok Benny let's agree to disagree.

My man of the match was Benayoun - cool classy and effective.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Go and read the article on the Lucas thread then come back

Yossi had a great game as well .
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Torres played his heart out. He was only 80% fit, if we'd of been lining up against Hull or Fulham he would NOT have played. But, Rafa picked him, he played to his best and risked injury and future problems because Torres knows how important to everyone concerned  that game was. I reckon in his mind he knew he MUST score to perhaps keep Rafa in a job? I dunno, whatever though, he played his blx off and when he scored he knew he'd done his job.

Torres for me. :cool:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Rush Job wrote:
only me wrote:Lucas for me will always by $*i*e ,but thats another discussion.

"sh!te".
You obviouly know fk all, was he sh!t yesturday? Or any of the other huge games in he`s played and won?
But yeah you probably know more than Rafa,Dunga and anyone else who has ever played him. Even the pundits who slate us constantly wouldnt call him :censored:.
But he doesnt blast then in from 30 yards, pass like one of the best in the game or be a show pony like Ronaldo (whos poster you probably have on your wall).
What ever your opinion he is a good player and I`m sure even ferguson would admit that after putting Scholes on his ar$e 5 times and whos run and pass finished them off.
If he can mix it and come out top against the best europe has to offer how can he (in form) be anything less than a quality player,and at just 22.
Its posters lke you that ruin this forum posting :censored: like that, for no other reason than to p!ss peole off.
He standing in for an injured player, in a different system and offen next to an underperforming partner and a shakey defence.
Is discussion beyond your tiny brain, can all your single brain cell muster is a one line insult with no explanation?
Why dont you just fk off!

So what did Lucas do that was so good? what I saw was him loosing the ball countless times and giving away a shedload of freekicks. I just don't get Lucas, for me he does nothing defensively and very little attacking. Maybe I've just got a blindspot where he is concerned but I thought he was one of our worst players on Sunday, not that any of our players had a terrible game, by his standards he probably had a fairly good game.

I voted Bennayoun, him, Agger and Carra really made the difference on Sunday, Mascha also had a good game and of course the goal from Nando was a beauty.
heimdall

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:20 pm

heimdall wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

"sh!te".
You obviouly know fk all, was he sh!t yesturday? Or any of the other huge games in he`s played and won?
But yeah you probably know more than Rafa,Dunga and anyone else who has ever played him. Even the pundits who slate us constantly wouldnt call him :censored:.
But he doesnt blast then in from 30 yards, pass like one of the best in the game or be a show pony like Ronaldo (whos poster you probably have on your wall).
What ever your opinion he is a good player and I`m sure even ferguson would admit that after putting Scholes on his ar$e 5 times and whos run and pass finished them off.
If he can mix it and come out top against the best europe has to offer how can he (in form) be anything less than a quality player,and at just 22.
Its posters lke you that ruin this forum posting :censored: like that, for no other reason than to p!ss peole off.
He standing in for an injured player, in a different system and offen next to an underperforming partner and a shakey defence.
Is discussion beyond your tiny brain, can all your single brain cell muster is a one line insult with no explanation?

So what did Lucas do that was so good? what I saw was him loosing the ball countless times and giving away a shedload of freekicks. I just don't get Lucas, for me he does nothing defensively and very little attacking. Maybe I've just got a blindspot where he is concerned but I thought he was one of our worst players on Sunday, not that any of our players had a terrible game, by his standards he probably had a fairly good game.

I voted Bennayoun, him, Agger and Carra really made the difference on Sunday, Mascha also had a good game and of course the goal from Nando was a beauty.

Gave the ball away countless times ?! Stats show that he has a completion rate of 99% success and gave the ball away once - just once .

Read the article about Alan Greene - it may help you just a little .

Yes you have a blindspot . Not so much of a spot more or a massive boulder.
Benny The Noon

Postby Scottbot » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:20 pm

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Could off would off etc etc all things that didnt happen - the ref was right there when that challenge on carrick went in and he got the ball - FACT - end of discussion .

Credit ?! are we talking about pay as you go mobile here or the game of football where a young lad comes in from a foriegn country and learns his way around putting in consistent performances of a decent level with a few mistakes and some very good performances.

4-1 against Man Utd last season - Xabi and Lucas in the middle

2-0 this season against Man Utd - Lucas and Masher in the middle

Spot the common theme - its not rocket science .

What common theme??...wasn't lucas in the middle in all the games we lost this season....very very weak argument - anyone who is watching Lucas day in day out for weeks and month now sees the lad is no good ,he is consistent in his sub par performance and his lack of mistakes can only attributed to his lack of will/ability to do anything which resembles creativity and daring anyone can make a 2ft pass - really get serious here.

If you've read these boards regularly the past two years you will see that most posters are of the opinion that he A/ isn't good enough or B/ is a solid player who isn't really needed when you look at the rest of the squad. I fall firmly in camp B HOWEVER, thankfully most the posters on here are happy to give the lad a BIG pat on the back when he happens to be one of our BEST performers in a massive 'must win or we're completely screwed season over that's it folks' match against our biggest rivals as was the case on Sunday.

That's why you're getting grief because when everyone else is rejoicing in a fantastic result you're still sticking your pen knife into everyones' favourite scapegoat.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Strange how he is second in the successful tackle ranks. And thats in the league not just for us.
But he doesnt do step overs or go past 3 before cracking one in from 20 yards so yeh he`s :censored:.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:51 pm

heimdall wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

"sh!te".

What game was you watching, he had the best pass completion on the park, including a great run and pass for the second.
Then to his tacling, he gave the mancs no time on the ball, I remember him puting scholes on his ar$e a few times and thats not to mention his successful tackle rate is second in the league so he must be doing something right.
FFS credit where its due, but for you moaning haters if he`s not Kaka he`s :censored:. He`s 22  playing in a completely different style to the one he was brought up in and its not even as if he is a first choise.
You just show your self up and your lack of knowledge for the game, by having a go at a lad giving his all.
If he`s so sh!t how did we win? How did we stuff em last year? and chelsea and the big CL games he`s played?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:54 pm

I voted for Lucas. In all honesty it was very difficult as many players performed well (Carra, Agger, Aurelio, Benny, Torres and Masch in no particular order) and perhaps he wasn't THE best, but he was very very good and deserves some credit for putting up a performance like that in such an important game on the back of such fierce criticism (not least from our own fans). Well played lad :)
JamCar05

Postby Rush Job » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:57 pm

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Someone - i think ciggy mentioned that lucas had a 99% pass rate success on sunday :;):

Benny would you describe Lucas passing as contributing to game flow and play? the issue isn't with passing percentage (which is important) but where does the ball goes to ,does it open the play? does it create chances? does it help the offence attack or the defence defend? passing the ball for the sake of passing is exactly what lucas does on vast majority of the games he playes ,i'm amazed you can't see it

He set up  three chances one of them putting wash through foor his goal.
I think you need to take off your blinkers and watch the game again.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Carragher for me. Thought he was awesome and looks much more at ease with Agger alongside him (communication maybe??).
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Redbilly1960 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 pm

For a change picking the MotM was really tough. From the 11 starters there was only Insua who you could say had a dodgy game. Carra threw himself in front of everything, Masch took the ball more than the man most of the time (has van der saar picked up his bafta for the acting that got Masch sent off). Lucas played his best 90 minutes in a red shirt. Nando took his goal like the world class finisher he is. Kuyt bent every blade of grass. But in the end my vote went to Benny the guy has a football brain that on the day was ahead of the rest love the way he wants to take on his man at every opportunity my only critism is that he is a bit light weight. Give the lad a few pans of scouse (kosher of course) then we might see a class player become a world class player.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:34 pm

heimdall wrote:Maybe I've just got a blindspot where he is concerned but I thought he was one of our worst players on Sunday,

Now you see the light :laugh:

Lucas had a good game which was epitomised by the excellent work he did that created the 2nd goal...just rewind your tv pictures and watch it from your armchair if you missed it :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Waldo wrote:Carragher for me. Thought he was awesome and looks much more at ease with Agger alongside him (communication maybe??).

Agger appears to be an unsung hero from Sundays game.He had a huge calming effect on proceedings and it's great to seem him back.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 4ORDY » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Jamie for me I thought he was cracking did'nt give them an inch, even when Owen nearly got somewhere he sorted him, Get on lad :laugh:
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."
4ORDY

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion