Aurelio
1%
Benayoun
30%
Torres
9%

Total votes : 102

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:56 am

Carra flew in once and got the ball - its the end result that counts - he also crunched Nani which led to our second goal

And that statement about lucas just proves that someone will never give certain players any credit no matter what they do .
Benny The Noon

Postby Rush Job » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:50 am

only me wrote:Lucas for me will always by $*i*e ,but thats another discussion.

"sh!te".
You obviouly know fk all, was he sh!t yesturday? Or any of the other huge games in he`s played and won?
But yeah you probably know more than Rafa,Dunga and anyone else who has ever played him. Even the pundits who slate us constantly wouldnt call him :censored:.
But he doesnt blast then in from 30 yards, pass like one of the best in the game or be a show pony like Ronaldo (whos poster you probably have on your wall).
What ever your opinion he is a good player and I`m sure even ferguson would admit that after putting Scholes on his ar$e 5 times and whos run and pass finished them off.
If he can mix it and come out top against the best europe has to offer how can he (in form) be anything less than a quality player,and at just 22.
Its posters lke you that ruin this forum posting :censored: like that, for no other reason than to p!ss peole off.
He standing in for an injured player, in a different system and offen next to an underperforming partner and a shakey defence.
Is discussion beyond your tiny brain, can all your single brain cell muster is a one line insult with no explanation?
Why dont you just fk off!
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:50 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Carra flew in once and got the ball - its the end result that counts - he also crunched Nani which led to our second goal

And that statement about lucas just proves that someone will never give certain players any credit no matter what they do .

I really don't want to get on Carra's case anymore as he is true warrior for our club ,i just feel he isn't at the top his game this past weeks and he made some wild challanges that wouldn't have passed with most referrees and couldn have destroyed our game.

As to Lucas i think that after 2+ years playing in Liverpool credit has run out long time ago for this lad ,but the problem is with Rafa insisting on him ,Lucas has got a lot more credit then others ,be it Veronin ,Bellami and Crouch ,credit is not the problem here at all.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:54 am

welcome back jamie carragher. back to his imperious best. notable mention to lucas aswell who probably had his best game in a red shirt.

i'll give the nod to yossi though who was absolutely outstanding again (i still can't believe bigmick doesn't think he's top class). in creative terms, the best player on the pitch by a country mile. absolute class and makes a mockery out of the fact that the mancs paid £30+ for nani and valencia who are both not fir to lace yossi's boots.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:54 am

Could off would off etc etc all things that didnt happen - the ref was right there when that challenge on carrick went in and he got the ball - FACT - end of discussion .

Credit ?! are we talking about pay as you go mobile here or the game of football where a young lad comes in from a foriegn country and learns his way around putting in consistent performances of a decent level with a few mistakes and some very good performances.

4-1 against Man Utd last season - Xabi and Lucas in the middle

2-0 this season against Man Utd - Lucas and Masher in the middle

Spot the common theme - its not rocket science .
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Rush Job wrote:Just out of interest if we were to sell him what kind of fee would he command in the current climate? 15m? more?
Quality profesional too. That ball for Torres was pure class.

He´s the proven item so I´d go for top top buck whatever that is these days, many lads have potential but Yossi has arrived.

That said, I dont see Yossi leaving, I reckon he's (or should be!) 100% happy where he is and will stay with the club through to retirement now. Offer the lad a new contract tomorrow and he´ll sign it and rightly so.

Future legend's legend.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Could off would off etc etc all things that didnt happen - the ref was right there when that challenge on carrick went in and he got the ball - FACT - end of discussion .

Credit ?! are we talking about pay as you go mobile here or the game of football where a young lad comes in from a foriegn country and learns his way around putting in consistent performances of a decent level with a few mistakes and some very good performances.

4-1 against Man Utd last season - Xabi and Lucas in the middle

2-0 this season against Man Utd - Lucas and Masher in the middle

Spot the common theme - its not rocket science .

What common theme??...wasn't lucas in the middle in all the games we lost this season....very very weak argument - anyone who is watching Lucas day in day out for weeks and month now sees the lad is no good ,he is consistent in his sub par performance and his lack of mistakes can only attributed to his lack of will/ability to do anything which resembles creativity and daring anyone can make a 2ft pass - really get serious here.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 pm

So he made the inital pass to kuyt then carried on his run and then made the pass for Ngog for the second goal - he then also created a chance for Kuyt who failed to control it (a chance he made himself when he robbed scholes off the ball). He harresed the hell out of scholes and carrick all game long , closing them down , robbing them of the ball , he was all over the field on Sunday and him and masher controlled the midfield all game long . Anyone who failed to see that is pretty blind and will consistently ignore any good a player does just because of any pre judgment .

Both Rafa and Dunga see the lad is good enough . They to me seem a better judge of a player than us.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:34 pm

But Lucas, two left feet? It would seem Mr Green has not watched Liverpool much this season. For all the criticism directed at the young Brazilian, he has been one of Liverpool’s more consistent performers in the last three months. Consistently bad, harrumph the more quick-witted on the band-wagon. It is an over simplistic assessment offered by those who prefer consensus to evidence.

Lucas’s range of passing is minimal, his accuracy poor, his decision-making unreliable. He is neither combative enough to play defensively, nor creative enough to play a more attacking role. So run the accusations.

Yet his main crime, put simply, is that he is not Xabi Alonso. He does not have the Basque’s guile, his vision, his control of time and space. Few players do. Only Xavi and Andrea Pirlo can match Alonso’s range of passing. Contrasting Lucas with his predecessor not only masks the fact that Lucas remains Liverpool’s third-choice central midfielder – behind Mascherano and Alberto Aquilani – but the qualities that made him a Brazilian international at the age of 20.

His energy, his tactical versatility, his economy of possession, the speed with which he moves the ball. Lucas should develop into a fine box-to-box player, rather than a master of the centre circle, as Alonso was. He has his flaws, of course – he does not score enough goals, he is prone to playing safe rather than challenging himself, he commits far too many unnecessary fouls – but casting him as a modern-day Ali Dia is absurd.

If he were, as competitive a manager as Rafael Benitez would not persist with him. Nor would Carlos Dunga. And he would not have gone toe-to-toe with Paul Scholes and Carrick and won. Perhaps his role in the destruction of United will put an end to the ill-considered, rambling sound bites of Green – and many others – in the media. Perhaps it will end the rumbling of discontent among those Liverpool fans who believe Jay Spearing – who did not stand out against League One Leeds, let alone Premier League Sunderland, and has not played for England’s under-21s, much less Brazil’s senior team – is the better player.

Then again, perhaps not. That’s the thing about band wagons. It’s hard to get off them
Benny The Noon

Postby azriahmad » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Benayoun gets my vote. He worked hard as well as provided the creative pass to Torres. Although Torres scored the breakthrough goal and was playing while still not fully fit, Benayoun also did his part in helping tracking back and defending with some successful interceptions and tackles.

Lucas probably played his best game for us but he is still infuriating with his tendency to give the ball away cheaply after doing the hard part of either intercepting or tackling successfully. He is simply not good enough to be a starter in midfield all the time.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Someone - i think ciggy mentioned that lucas had a 99% pass rate success on sunday :;):
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Someone - i think ciggy mentioned that lucas had a 99% pass rate success on sunday :;):

And that was just his crappy passes!

I've always had faith in Lucas and at last other folks are begininng to see the light.

Shame Babel, Voronin etc.. are in that same catigory.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 pm

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote::laugh:

Cant make it up

I still thought Lucas was $*i*e and Carra was rackless with his tackless and panicky with his passes

Carra made some wild tackles in the box that could have easily resulted in a penalty kick and he was very near a red card with some of his tackles ,Carra confidence at this stage is very low and although he gave his heart and soul he made some serious judgment errors ,that tackle in the box made me lose a year.

Lucas for me will always by $*i*e ,but thats another discussion.

That tackle was spot on , he got the ball first than the man.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Someone - i think ciggy mentioned that lucas had a 99% pass rate success on sunday :;):

Benny would you describe Lucas passing as contributing to game flow and play? the issue isn't with passing percentage (which is important) but where does the ball goes to ,does it open the play? does it create chances? does it help the offence attack or the defence defend? passing the ball for the sake of passing is exactly what lucas does on vast majority of the games he playes ,i'm amazed you can't see it
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Im sorry but im sure it was shanks who stated that you cant score if you dont have the ball - possesion is the name of the game and he wanted the team to keep hold of that ball .

He seemed to help the flow of the game on sunday pretty well - the second goal was very fluid indeed including two forward passes from Lucas .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion