Total votes : 102

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Feck i want to change my mind to Masher

No carra

Damn no lucas

Damn no Aurelio

Damn no agger

Damn No Yossi

Sh.it cant pick which one because man for man they were all immense and it should be a team award .
Benny The Noon

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:58 pm

Carragher was awesome. He has took some stick lately, most of it deserved. But yeasterday he almost single-handedly stopped the skanks strikers. Clever, wily, strong, lucky: he was formidable and kept Rooney quiet all game
Superb!
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:59 pm

That tackle on Fani will give him nightmares for weeks
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Carragher. Huge performance. Those who are saying Masherano (who was excellent) are probably discounting the fact he got himself sent off and will be suspended for some matches down the track. Didn't need to do that and it slightly marred his performance for me. Benayoun was excellent too, and Torres won us the game. Lucas played the best I have seen him, infact the only two who were slighhtly disappointing for me were Insua who looked like Valencia could expose him, and Kuyt who I thought aside from running around a lot was poor.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:23 pm

Carra by a mile.

That's his best performance since 2007 in my opinion.  It doesn't have to be a one off either, he's just proven he's still got it in him, I hope he goes on and has a great season after that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:24 pm

bigmick wrote:Carragher. Huge performance. Those who are saying Masherano (who was excellent) are probably discounting the fact he got himself sent off and will be suspended for some matches down the track. Didn't need to do that and it slightly marred his performance for me. Benayoun was excellent too, and Torres won us the game. Lucas played the best I have seen him, infact the only two who were slighhtly disappointing for me were Insua who looked like Valencia could expose him, and Kuyt who I thought aside from running around a lot was poor.

Agreed.
I also think Johnson was dodgy at times. He looks to be lacking confidence and hasnt been going forward enough in his last couple of games
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:28 pm

I'm pretty sure from watching him Rog' that he wasn't fit on Sunday.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
bigmick wrote:Carragher. Huge performance. Those who are saying Masherano (who was excellent) are probably discounting the fact he got himself sent off and will be suspended for some matches down the track. Didn't need to do that and it slightly marred his performance for me. Benayoun was excellent too, and Torres won us the game. Lucas played the best I have seen him, infact the only two who were slighhtly disappointing for me were Insua who looked like Valencia could expose him, and Kuyt who I thought aside from running around a lot was poor.

Agreed.
I also think Johnson was dodgy at times. He looks to be lacking confidence and hasnt been going forward enough in his last couple of games

Johnson? I thought he had an excellent game defencively, Insua looked dodgy to me.

Its either Carra or Torres for me, both 10/10.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:40 pm

metalhead wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Agreed.

Johnson? I thought he had an excellent game defencively, Insua looked dodgy to me.

Its either Carra or Torres for me, both 10/10.

I didnt mean he played bad. Just not as good as Ive seen him
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:54 pm

He didn't go too much forward, Johnson, he stayed a bit behind to help the defence, just what we need sometimes against top sides.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Lucas easily.
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby fivecups » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm pretty sure from watching him Rog' that he wasn't fit on Sunday.

I thought that too, wasn't up and down the pitch as much as he normally is.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:10 pm

metalhead wrote:He didn't go too much forward, Johnson, he stayed a bit behind to help the defence, just what we need sometimes against top sides.

True. He was up against Evra - himself not shy in going forward. Good discipline...or lack of fitness? I'd say he did a job that was required, and did it well.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby eonerf » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:21 pm

Considering all the stick he's taken recently, Carra was fantastic and is my choice for MOTM. He was back to his best by throwing himself at everything and doing his trademark last-ditch tackles. I hope he manages to sustain that kind of form and prove that the critics who said he was finished were wrong.
eonerf

Postby dave82 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 pm

i go for carragher as he marshalled what was a brilliant team performance,i just laughed my :censored: off when i read the sun and the writer gave scholes a rating of 8 to put him on par with torres in yesterday's game and berbatov a 7 to put him on par with the rest of the liverpool team nearly,this guy clearly knows :censored: all about football
dave82

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion