Aurelio
1%
Benayoun
30%
Torres
9%

Total votes : 102

Postby tubby » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Does it really :censored: matter who was the best player. Everyone played well and they played as a team, that's all that matters.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:04 pm

Its good debate Bav as opposed to the usual sh.it about sacking Rafa .

Come up with something else worthwhile to debate about and maybe we wont talk about how well some of our players played .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:To be honest, I'd rate Lucas higher were it not for that glaring miss from 6 yards out.  Harsh perhaps to dwell on one moment but those are the chances that you need to at least get on target against the Mancs.  Aurelio had a similar golden opportunity with his header but he failed to get it across the keeper.  Still he worked VDS.  Another slight disappointing moment for Lucas was the pass to Kuyt on the 3 on 2.  It was the right pass to make (as opposed to the ball to Torres) but he didn't lead Kuyt enough with the pass and Dirk had to check his run before getting off a tame shot/cross.  A better ball there and we've got a glorious scoring opportunity.  So, two moments where I thought Lucas could have done better to capitalize on gaps in the Manc defense.  As I say, you can't afford too many of those to go begging in this fixture.  With all that said, we got there comfortably in the end and he was otherwise excellent.   Not MOTM excellent, IMO, but excellent nonetheless.

I thought the pass was ok bob it was kuyts poor first touch for me, his touch should have cushoned the ball slightly forwards, it didnt it almost stopped dead and left the ball stuck under his feet.
I dont think there was much wrong with the pass at all.

The glaring miss ? Is that the one on his left foot that dropped to him in the area ?
Ho should have controlled that shot better without doubt but i wouldnt say it was a glaring miss with it being on his left foot on the half volley and with the area being packed with players infront of him.

spot on mate, I think everyone knows if that had been Torres rather than Kuyt who received that ball it would have been a goal. 

It wasn't the easiest pass to make either as Kuyt had started to cut inside just a little too early imo.

I don't want to knock Kuyt because his effort and commitment in the game was outstanding and he really personified the work effort of the whole team. However I think he knew he should have done better with the couple of chances he had first half, and that affected his confidence when he was put through by Benny in the second half.

Back to Lucas I thought he did well but not exceptional even with his pass success, while Scholes (the ginger kunt) was for me outstanding even with his mistake and similar pass success. So its not just about how many passes you make but the quality of them.

As shows in the chalkboard mate Lucas's passes were mixed all through the game - short ones to keep possesion , crossfield passes , passes that spreaded the play and on the point of scholes wasnt it Lucas who initially robbed him when that chance for Kuyt was presented ?  :;):

It was mate, but apart from the few who only saw the game on MOTD (not meaning you btw) I think most could see that while Scholes has lost pace his passing is still top drawer. The pass he made to put Valencia clear for example was outstanding. (the one that ended with Carra's tackle on Carrick)   

Lucas had a decent game but not outstanding is my viewpoint, and my top 3 would be Carra, Benny and Agger with Masch (but for his sending off !) fighting for fourth with Lucas.
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Oh yeah i agree scholes's passing is still of the highest order -no doubt about that - but he has had a good ten odd years on lucas experience wise but overall on the day thought he was harassed out of the game for long periods by both masher and lucas .

I think carra was immense and prob just shades it over the others
Benny The Noon

Postby Rockthekop » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Rockthekop wrote:Kuyt was very poor on Sunday, kept giving the ball away, touch like an elephant and wasted some good chances where he should have tested the keeper at least.

When he's playing well, he's not bad, when he's playing poorly, he's awful.

Yet was still able to help create both goals  :buttrock

Benayoun created the first goal and Lucas the second  :rasp
Rockthekop

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:27 pm

To go to the opposite extreme, I thought Insua again looked out of his depth and for the first time I am questioning whether he will ever make the grade. Agger , Masch and Aurelio did an excellent job between them of helping him out, but he still looked vulnerable every time the ball came near him. TBH he has looked easy pickings in our last few games.
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 pm

As i said in the Insua thread mate most of his gaps comes from lack of expereince and he needs to be helped out in games .
Benny The Noon

Postby made in UK » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:53 pm

s@int wrote:To go to the opposite extreme, I thought Insua again looked out of his depth and for the first time I am questioning whether he will ever make the grade. Agger , Masch and Aurelio did an excellent job between them of helping him out, but he still looked vulnerable every time the ball came near him. TBH he has looked easy pickings in our last few games.

Agreed about Insua.

However man of the match for me has to go to Carra. It has to be said though last Sundays performance as a whole from the team was excellent performance. I hope they can build on that win starting with Fulham today.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Eenie meenie miny mo - which one is it that wins the vote!

:;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:34 pm

Quite a close contest atm.

31 Benayoun
30 Lucas
22 Carra
9 Torres

I think Lucas is the moral victor, so many would refuse to vote for him even if he was a nailed on cert that has to have had some impact. He should get it, might be the only MOTM he ever gets! I think it's fair to say the voting does reflect the three outstanding contenders and those whose votes I haven't listed add up to Torres' nine combined and add them to Torres' nine it doesn't break up the top three they were that clear cut.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion