Aurelio
1%
Benayoun
30%
Torres
9%

Total votes : 102

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:47 pm

Sabre wrote:Carraguer showed experience all over the park I have to say. I remember for instance in half time how the Man Utd players surrounded the ref in a classical tactic of them. Carra appeared there the first one and shielded the ref while he deflected the mancs. Besides the football, Carra put that intensity and experience that cannot be measured in stats, but certainly are important in games like that.

I loved that moment, mate.  Giggs, Rooney and a few other Mancs were surrounding Marriner at the half-time whistle looking to have a whinge and put some ideas into his head for the 2nd half and in storms Carra, telling them to feck off, before turning to the ref and telling him what HE thinks needs sorting for the 2nd half.  Brilliant moment!  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Sabre wrote:Carraguer showed experience all over the park I have to say. I remember for instance in half time how the Man Utd players surrounded the ref in a classical tactic of them. Carra appeared there the first one and shielded the ref while he deflected the mancs. Besides the football, Carra put that intensity and experience that cannot be measured in stats, but certainly are important in games like that.

I loved that moment, mate.  Giggs, Rooney and a few other Mancs were surrounding Marriner at the half-time whistle looking to have a whinge and put some ideas into his head for the 2nd half and in storms Carra, telling them to feck off, before turning to the ref and telling him what HE thinks needs sorting for the 2nd half.  Brilliant moment!  :laugh:

Such things, such moments can't be taught. Good spot by Sabre and bang on Bob, Carragher getting his protests in as well makes the ref think he must have called it somewhere near right if both teams are whinging. Leave the Mancs to swarm all over him unopposed, along with the inevitable Ferguson waiting for the ref on the touchline, and before you know where you are you get feck all in the second half.

To be perfectly honest, I thought for once Ferguson had a smidge of justication with his two main gripes re Carra, but feck him. For Carra's dive in on Carrick, at the other end we'd have been screaming for a penalty and at home we might have got it. I'm pretty sure they would have had they been at Old Trafford, even if Mike Riley wasn't the ref. Carra did get the merest scrape on the ball but it was a very dangerous challenge.

Equally, I thought he was lucky to stay on for his "tangle" with Owen. Once again he showed his experience, going to ground with the little c... in a swirl of arms and legs, even having to the gaul to appeal that he was the one who was fouled.

He was fantastic, and left some of his dodgy performances this season a mile behind.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 pm

bigmick wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Such things, such moments can't be taught. Good spot by Sabre and bang on Bob, Carragher getting his protests in as well makes the ref think he must have called it somewhere near right if both teams are whinging. Leave the Mancs to swarm all over him unopposed, along with the inevitable Ferguson waiting for the ref on the touchline, and before you know where you are you get feck all in the second half.

To be perfectly honest, I thought for once Ferguson had a smidge of justication with his two main gripes re Carra, but feck him. For Carra's dive in on Carrick, at the other end we'd have been screaming for a penalty and at home we might have got it. I'm pretty sure they would have had they been at Old Trafford, even if Mike Riley wasn't the ref. Carra did get the merest scrape on the ball but it was a very dangerous challenge.

Equally, I thought he was lucky to stay on for his "tangle" with Owen. Once again he showed his experience, going to ground with the little c... in a swirl of arms and legs, even having to the gaul to appeal that he was the one who was fouled.

He was fantastic, and left some of his dodgy performances this season a mile behind.

I think the ref was right on both occassions mick (really trying my best to be unbiased like mate).

Ok the first one ,the tackle on carrick . Marriner the ref was right on top of it . He and us could clearly see carra get the ball first , you could here it anyway  :;):

The second one on the judas . Marriner was entorely consistant with his treatment of carra and vidic . There only difference being that vidic already had a yellow card . Hardly carra's fault that vidic is s dirty tw@t is it  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Did you see Carra's interview after the match? He tried to keep a straight face when he said Owen fouled him but he couldn't do it, he just burst out laughing. :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:43 am

Think that its true, carra deffo intentionally brought owen down and got a  ayellow as he was going wide and there was cover.
So he got booked and rightly so.
He won the ball for the carrick one, doesnt matter if he then followed through, thats not the rules.
Vidic went as it was a second yellow, its as straight forward as that, if carra had already been booked he would have also have gone.
Thats why mascherano went.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:19 am

kazza wrote:I chose Lucas due to his industry and commitment as I thought he was most influential in laying the foundations for what happened on the field. He tackled, carried the ball and made good passes. I thought all did their job well but especially Yossi (my close second for MOM) who was the creative spark that was going to win us the game but Lucas helped the balance and bossed the midfield. I agree that it was great to see Agger back and he was a calming influence at the back, but when you own the midfield it makes the defence look better.

Jamie did get the ball on his tackle on Carrick but if I was the manager I certainly would not want him charging in so fast as he was so committed that a craftier player would have just touched the ball before the tackle and won a penalty for sure. A little too much committment if you ask me as that could have changed the game. Jamie however has always been more about passion than guile, so since it was not a penalty, happy days.

Whenever I post a football post no one quotes me so I will quote myself.   :)

Also I wish to add that Jamie going to the ref at half time was real leadership. Utd players do that sh1t all the time and often do change the refs thinking. Jaimie anticipated it and was there to rebalance the argument. It needed to be done.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:27 am

kazza wrote:
kazza wrote:I chose Lucas due to his industry and commitment as I thought he was most influential in laying the foundations for what happened on the field. He tackled, carried the ball and made good passes. I thought all did their job well but especially Yossi (my close second for MOM) who was the creative spark that was going to win us the game but Lucas helped the balance and bossed the midfield. I agree that it was great to see Agger back and he was a calming influence at the back, but when you own the midfield it makes the defence look better.

Jamie did get the ball on his tackle on Carrick but if I was the manager I certainly would not want him charging in so fast as he was so committed that a craftier player would have just touched the ball before the tackle and won a penalty for sure. A little too much committment if you ask me as that could have changed the game. Jamie however has always been more about passion than guile, so since it was not a penalty, happy days.

Also I wish to add that Jamie going to the ref at half time was real leadership. Utd players do that sh1t all the time and often do change the refs thinking. Jaimie anticipated it and was there to rebalance the argument. It needed to be done.

what time is dinner?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:37 am

babu wrote:
kazza wrote:

what time is dinner?

Whenever you can get round to McDonalds and get it  :;):
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:44 am

kazza wrote:

:down:

I'll quote you then.

What do you want me to say, that I agree or disagree with your Man of the match?
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:10 am

kazza wrote:

In all honesty Kazza I think a few people are put off quoting you because of the "stalker" image you seem to have acquired.

My advice would be drop the argument and just ignore people that you can't get along with. (I know I am not exactly the best one at avoiding arguments mate  :D )

When you do talk about football you usually make a lot of sense, and I am sure you will start getting a lot more replies.

Alternatively just call someone a kunt ...... that works too  :D
account deleted by request

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:10 am

s@int wrote:Alternatively just call someone a kunt ...... that works too  :D

I noticed  :D

Welcome back!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:28 am

well i finally just got round to watching the match. sat here on my comfy new sofa with my laptop and my breakfast, comfortable in the knowledge that we were going to win. probably a much more pleasurable experience than many :;):  :D

my man of the match would be carra without a doubt. a real captain and leader's performance, never allowing them a second on the ball, plenty of tackles and blocks and rubbing their noses in it too. after the dip he's had in form recently it was a truly excellent return to his best.

i thought reina, lucas and benny all had excellent games as well. great to see lucas playing with such confidence and more of the all action, box to box style we'd been told about. still gives away far too many free kicks (can't believe he escaped a booking) but we've seen he can do it now, at least.
Last edited by andy_g on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zurbaran » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 am

Lucas by a country mile. Him and Mascher made it easy for our cbs.

And what better way to back up my point than to quote a manc:p

Leiva
39 passes
38 succesful
1 assist
97% pass completion
6 tackles attempted, 3 tackles won
2 interceptions
5 fouls conceded

Mascherano
31 passes
29 succesful
93% pass completion
7 tackles attempted, 5 tackles won
3 interceptions
2 fouls conceded
4 fouls won

Benayoun
28 passes
23 succesful
1 assist
79% pass completion
8 tackles attempted, 4 tackles won
2 interceptions
1 foul conceded
0 fouls won

Kuyt
25 passes
18 succesful
72% pass completion
10 tackles attempted, 3 tackles won
0 interceptions
3 foul conceded
1 foul won

Carrick
43 passes
34 succesful
79% pass completion
6 tackles attempted, 6 tackles won
2 interceptions
5 fouls won
0 fouls conceded

Scholes
40 passes
39 succesful
98% pass completion
5 tackles attempted, 5 tackles won
1 interceptions
0 fouls conceded
1 foul won

Giggs
40 passes
28 succesful
70% pass completion
7 tackles attempted, 2 tackles won
2 interceptions
1 foul conceded
0 fouls won

Valencia
39 passes
30 succesful
77% pass completion
6 tackles attempted, 5 tackles won
0 interceptions
2 foul conceded
1 foul won

We can conclude from this that not only were we out-fought - comparing the amount of tackles/fouls by both teams - we were also out-passed. Also worth nothing that Scholes - who has been getting a lot of stick - was the only United player who passed the ball well in midfield. Carrick has been getting a lot of plaudits but he was very wasteful.

I can only assume that Scholes is getting stick because that one incident where he was chased down by Lucas is stuck in everyone's mind. I actually thought he was one of our better players, although he did seem to tire shortly before he was subbed.

Speaking of Lucas, I can't be :censored: trying to insert an image of his chalkboard but if you have a look at it on the Guardian website you will see he was fecking everywhere on the pitch and only misplaced one pass in 90 minutes. The second time in a row he's come up against United and been arguably the best CM on the pitch, the dirty, fouling little douche-bag.
Zurbaran

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:35 am

To be honest, I'd rate Lucas higher were it not for that glaring miss from 6 yards out.  Harsh perhaps to dwell on one moment but those are the chances that you need to at least get on target against the Mancs.  Aurelio had a similar golden opportunity with his header but he failed to get it across the keeper.  Still he worked VDS.  Another slight disappointing moment for Lucas was the pass to Kuyt on the 3 on 2.  It was the right pass to make (as opposed to the ball to Torres) but he didn't lead Kuyt enough with the pass and Dirk had to check his run before getting off a tame shot/cross.  A better ball there and we've got a glorious scoring opportunity.  So, two moments where I thought Lucas could have done better to capitalize on gaps in the Manc defense.  As I say, you can't afford too many of those to go begging in this fixture.  With all that said, we got there comfortably in the end and he was otherwise excellent.   Not MOTM excellent, IMO, but excellent nonetheless.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:47 am

Bad Bob wrote:To be honest, I'd rate Lucas higher were it not for that glaring miss from 6 yards out.  Harsh perhaps to dwell on one moment but those are the chances that you need to at least get on target against the Mancs.  Aurelio had a similar golden opportunity with his header but he failed to get it across the keeper.  Still he worked VDS.  Another slight disappointing moment for Lucas was the pass to Kuyt on the 3 on 2.  It was the right pass to make (as opposed to the ball to Torres) but he didn't lead Kuyt enough with the pass and Dirk had to check his run before getting off a tame shot/cross.  A better ball there and we've got a glorious scoring opportunity.  So, two moments where I thought Lucas could have done better to capitalize on gaps in the Manc defense.  As I say, you can't afford too many of those to go begging in this fixture.  With all that said, we got there comfortably in the end and he was otherwise excellent.   Not MOTM excellent, IMO, but excellent nonetheless.

I thought the pass was ok bob it was kuyts poor first touch for me, his touch should have cushoned the ball slightly forwards, it didnt it almost stopped dead and left the ball stuck under his feet.
I dont think there was much wrong with the pass at all.

The glaring miss ? Is that the one on his left foot that dropped to him in the area ?
Ho should have controlled that shot better without doubt but i wouldnt say it was a glaring miss with it being on his left foot on the half volley and with the area being packed with players infront of him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion