Man for man - How do we rate?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:23 am

Emerald Red wrote:It's always United that we first compare to, though I don't see why, because their squad is as riddled with so called flops as what ours is, if not more so. Only difference is, their flops cost considerably more than ours do. Reason that I've come to this conclusion is that it is of my opinion that we have currently four of the best players in the world in their respective positions. The main difference between us and them, however, is in their wide areas, and defence this season, particularly down their left side. Had we even been remotely anywhere near our best this season, we'd be right up there with them. I still fancy us to close the gap because make no mistakes, their lack of quality is showing and they will drop points. If Chelsea don't win the title, it'll be as big a f*ck up as us last season for not doing so.

Bravo
They are cack but we are basically underachieving.
These people who have fell for the united hype and swallowed the strength in depth bullsh'itwill soon change their tune when the media turns on them (which has already started) as they have been found out.
They do attack better and definitely use the width, but theyre lack of quality upfront is beginning to show. We compare because they are the reigning champions and the ones who will "knock us off our Fu*king perch" which they may well do. But I am in no doubt they will not do it with this team
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 am

Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:It's always United that we first compare to, though I don't see why, because their squad is as riddled with so called flops as what ours is, if not more so. Only difference is, their flops cost considerably more than ours do. Reason that I've come to this conclusion is that it is of my opinion that we have currently four of the best players in the world in their respective positions. The main difference between us and them, however, is in their wide areas, and defence this season, particularly down their left side. Had we even been remotely anywhere near our best this season, we'd be right up there with them. I still fancy us to close the gap because make no mistakes, their lack of quality is showing and they will drop points. If Chelsea don't win the title, it'll be as big a f*ck up as us last season for not doing so.

Bravo
These people who have fell for the united hype and swallowed the strength in depth bullsh'itwill soon change their tune when the media turns on them (which has already started) as they have been found out.
They do attack better and definitely use the width, but theyre lack of quality upfront is beginning to show. We compare because they are the reigning champions and the ones who will "knock us off our Fu*king perch" which they may well do. But I am in no doubt they will not do it with this team

You appear to be twisting the thread to suit your argument.
I didnt mention strength in depth and so far as i can see nobody else did.
You were talking about the first 11 and how they compare and some of the comparisons were totally biased.

I agree by the way that Reina, Mascherano Gerrard and Torres would all be in their team as would Johnson imo.

But suggestions like Agger is better than Ferdinand and Benayoun more consistent than probably one of the most consistent performers of the last 10 years make your post seem ridiculously biased.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:24 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Bravo

You appear to be twisting the thread to suit your argument.
I didnt mention strength in depth and so far as i can see nobody else did.
You were talking about the first 11 and how they compare and some of the comparisons were totally biased.

I agree by the way that Reina, Mascherano Gerrard and Torres would all be in their team as would Johnson imo.

But suggestions like Agger is better than Ferdinand and Benayoun more consistent than probably one of the most consistent performers of the last 10 years make your post seem ridiculously biased.

I am not trying to "twist" the thread. I used the "strength and depth" comment to point out the hype which surrounds united and the argument thrown up to convince people they are better than us.
My original post was this:

If we put our strongest eleven against the mancs or chelski who is the best team
I would say this is our strongest eleven:

Reina
Arbeloa
Skirtl
Carragher
Aurellio
Kuyt
Gerrard
Alonso
Mascherano
Benayoun
Torres

If you put the other teams best eleven against them man for man who would come out on top?

Although some of the names have changed on that list I still maintain that their best eleven is not much better than ours, if at all.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:09 pm

???
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:24 pm

:laugh:  is alonso available against Spurs?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby roberto green » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Greavesie wrote: :laugh:  is alonso available against Spurs?

looks like and even arbeloa could get a game

:D
roberto green

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Sir Roger wrote:I am not trying to "twist" the thread. I used the "strength and depth" comment to point out the hype which surrounds united and the argument thrown up to convince people they are better than us.
My original post was this:

If we put our strongest eleven against the mancs or chelski who is the best team
I would say this is our strongest eleven:

Reina
Arbeloa
Skirtl
Carragher
Aurellio
Kuyt
Gerrard
Alonso
Mascherano
Benayoun
Torres

If you put the other teams best eleven against them man for man who would come out on top?

Although some of the names have changed on that list I still maintain that their best eleven is not much better than ours, if at all.

Explain how the ex players are in there.

And if your putting in former players dont you want to put Kenny in or maybe Rush and Barnes ?  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Deary me lads and lasses read the post properly

I said:
"My original post was this:"

Which is why the ex players are there. It is the very first post in this topic.

Pay attention next time. You gang of un-attentive scallywaggamuffins

:laugh:
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion