MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 29, 2016 5:00 pm

redshade » Sun May 29, 2016 3:07 pm wrote:They have ruined him for sure. Who knows had Sakho been in the final maybe he would have made a difference.

One things for sure is he regularly covers the left side in the absence of Moreno ,Lovren just doesn't like being pulled out of a central position, so who knows mate   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun May 29, 2016 6:43 pm

I've spoken in conversation many times that it's only a matter of time until a Football Club takes their FA or UEFA to court on he grounds of lost income...
The basic points of this case are:
1. A player of LFC was accused of taking an illegal substance and treated guilty until able to prove own innocence. This can surely be interpreted as an abuse of human rights...
2. The club (LFC) were forced to act and protect their own club name / brand because invested business partners / sponsors do not want to be associated with any drug abuse or related subjects as official partners of the club; on the ground of guilty until proved innocent. This can surely be interpreted as an abuse of employer rights...
3. The club continued to participate in all professional tournaments with what should be proved as a weakened team, due to the ban a key employee!
4. The loss of the final game of LFC's season should be proved as one that has cost the club millions in potential earnings.
---
This is no way an attempt to undermine the success of Sevilla as they were clearly the best team on the night. But their is now credible doubt of whether the result would of stood IF LFC could have played all their employees - not because of lack of fitness or injury but because of their 100% cooperation with UEFA over the ban of their employee - then who knows what the final score may have been in the EUROPA League Final.
(I'm no lawyer, but the Bosman ruling came about through human rights and working conditions.)
----
Should UEFA back track on its original claims; I hope Sakho takes them to court for detrimental floor of character, mental illness caused by stress.
----
Should the claims be false - I for one will go out and buy an LFC top with Sakho on the back in support of him.
Should the claims be false - He now deserves our FULL SUPPORT and apology from UEFA
HE WAS FORCED TO WALK ALONE... And for that LFC should stand by any decision Sakho and his legal team decide to do in the future! 
IF PROVEN NOT GUILTY
:buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Increasingly think I'm stuck in a room full of Lawyers, Accountants and Civil Rights activists   :(

Sakho's not playing in the Euro's , hard on the fella BUT on the flip side.

I wish all our players were not involved in any competition this summer !

Let them all come back fit, rested, ready and hungry for success in our assault on the Premiership    :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Sun May 29, 2016 8:13 pm

woof woof ! » Sun May 29, 2016 7:12 pm wrote:Increasingly think I'm stuck in a room full of Lawyers, Accountants and Civil Rights activists   :(

Sakho's not playing in the Euro's , hard on the fella BUT on the flip side.

I wish all our players were not involved in any competition this summer !

Let them all come back fit, rested, ready and hungry for success in our assault on the Premiership    :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

Like it or loathe it, human rights will continue to be a key issue in the digital age where news, gossip, lies and heresay spread faster than butter  :laugh:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Bizarre situation altogether.
If he is truly innocent then welcome back but if he is just getting off because of a technicality then my opinion is the same and he should be gone.

Basically what is happening is that sakho's legal team are contesting that the world anti doping agency are wrong to include this type of substance on their banned list due to scientific evidence they have. As UEFA use the guidelines set out by W.A.D.A they have decided not to extend the month suspension while they conduct their own investigation into Sakho's claims. He hasn't been cleared of anything yet but is free to return to the pitch.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:29 pm

red till i die!! » Sun May 29, 2016 9:24 pm wrote:Bizarre situation altogether.
If he is truly innocent then welcome back but if he is just getting off because of a technicality then my opinion is the same and he should be gone.

Basically what is happening is that sakho's legal team are contesting that the world anti doping agency are wrong to include this type of substance on their banned list due to scientific evidence they have. As UEFA use the guidelines set out by W.A.D.A they have decided not to extend the month suspension while they conduct their own investigation into Sakho's claims. He hasn't been cleared of anything yet but is free to return to the pitch.

Is that what's happening mate? I was under the impression that the pills he took weren't actually on the banned list.
We are pretty much back at square one again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:

Is that what's happening mate? I was under the impression that the pills he took weren't actually on the banned list.

Pretty much Yakka. The substance contained in whatever he was taking is on the banned list but him and his legal team are claiming it shouldn't and they have some sort of evidence to prove it.  If it wasn't on the list then he wouldn't have been tested for it.

Meanwhile this whole thing has taken another twist with claims that sakho asked uefa to ban him  :laugh: If he did then he is even thicker than he looks.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-11440148
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:55 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:24 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:

Pretty much Yakka. The substance contained in whatever he was taking is on the banned list but him and his legal team are claiming it shouldn't and they have some sort of evidence to prove it.  If it wasn't on the list then he wouldn't have been tested for it.

Meanwhile this whole thing has taken another twist with claims that sakho asked uefa to ban him  :laugh: If he did then he is even thicker than he looks.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-11440148

It looks like Sakho's representatives are trying to move the goalposts, if it was on the banned list and he took it I suppose there's not much else they can do. I still can't get my head around why a pro athlete needed fat burning pills  :no
couldn't he have just gone on a few extra runs or something?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:33 pm

BREAKING NEWS !!!!

Liverpool defender Sakho has cleared of doping allegations by UEFA  :bowdown   :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:40 pm

UEFA statement on Sakho

http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/

The independent UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) met in Paris and has reached a decision relating to the proceedings instigated against Liverpool FC player Mamadou Sakho, following the UEFA Europa League round of 16 second-leg match between Manchester United FC and Liverpool FC (1-1), played on 17 March 2016.

The proceedings against Mr. Sakho related to a violation of the UEFA Anti-Doping Regulations after the player failed a doping test at the above-mentioned match. Following a hearing with the lawyers of the player and experts of the WADA-accredited laboratories on this case, the CEDB has decided to dismiss the case.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:54 pm

Glad hes been cleared and possibly can seek compo now after missing an incredible few months particularly for his country.

Will he stay though? Great guy but jurys out as a player.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:14 pm

What a mess. We miss out on our player for a cup final and he misses an international tournament in his home country.

All because UEFA can't work out what is and isn't legal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:26 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:14 pm wrote:What a mess. We miss out on our player for a cup final and he misses an international tournament in his home country.

All because UEFA can't work out what is and isn't legal.

Yep!
Hope he and his lawyer (team) take 'em too the cleaners
  :veryangry
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Liverpool Official Statement

Liverpool Football Club welcomes today’s decision from UEFA to dismiss the case against Mamadou Sakho, confirming that he did not commit any doping violation.

We are pleased for Mamadou that he can now resume his playing career.

Mamadou said: "I am happy that this is finally over. It’s been a difficult time for me but I knew I had done nothing wrong. I am looking forward to getting back in the team and playing again."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... -statement
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm just glad it's gone his way, Sakho and Lovren were building a decent little partnership there at the tail end of last season and we definately missed him when he was out.
Hopefully he can put this whole saga behind him and pick up from where he left off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion