MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Effed up big time in the 2nd half, He made 5 mistakes in the space of 15 minutes!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:27 pm

metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:17 pm wrote:Effed up big time in the 2nd half, He made 5 mistakes in the space of 15 minutes!

:nod

Yeah, he seemed to just lose it for a while there, but I still think the fella could be a monster for us, despite the up's and downs overall he made some telling tackles and some probing passes.

Maybe the manager needs to have a word with him about "composure" ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:34 pm

he did have a meltdown for a while in the second half but overall he doesnt excite me or fill me with confidence.
he loses his man way too easy for my liking, he got caught too high up for their second and let his man just walk away and put us on the back foot. his passing and control was ropey at times and imo any player with half a brain has a chance of intercepting them as he shapes up before he hits it.
only his first season but he has a way to go for me before he looks anything worthy of the fee we paid.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:35 pm

i thought he had a good game myself, he had a bad 10 minutes but overall i thought he did well.
neither of the goals were his fault
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:35 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:27 pm wrote:
metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:17 pm wrote:Effed up big time in the 2nd half, He made 5 mistakes in the space of 15 minutes!

Yeah, he seemed to just lose it for a while there, but I still think the fella could be a monster for us, despite the up's and downs overall he made some telling tackles and some probing passes.

Agreed woof, had a good first half for me, then he just lost it! Needs to calm his nerves and focus
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:54 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:34 pm wrote:he did have a meltdown for a while in the second half but overall he doesnt excite me or fill me with confidence.
he loses his man way too easy for my liking, he got caught too high up for their second and let his man just walk away and put us on the back foot. his passing and control was ropey at times and imo any player with half a brain has a chance of intercepting them as he shapes up before he hits it.
only his first season but he has a way to go for me before he looks anything worthy of the fee we paid.

He did ok for me in the first half mate, the 2nd half he just lost the plot, did 5 mistakes in the space of 15 minutes and was shaky throughout the game. 2nd goal wasn't entirely his fault, it was a collective mistake and a massive error from Mignolet (who made a meal out of it). Again, left was exposed and Sakho had to cover for the useless Cissokho
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:58 pm

metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:27 pm wrote:

Agreed woof, had a good first half for me, then he just lost it! Needs to calm his nerves and focus

Maybe a bit harsh but I can see Agger returning for the Chelsea game
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:18 pm

metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:54 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:34 pm wrote:he did have a meltdown for a while in the second half but overall he doesnt excite me or fill me with confidence.

He did ok for me in the first half mate, the 2nd half he just lost the plot, did 5 mistakes in the space of 15 minutes and was shaky throughout the game. 2nd goal wasn't entirely his fault, it was a collective mistake and a massive error from Mignolet (who made a meal out of it). Again, left was exposed and Sakho had to cover for the useless Cissokho

he can always prove me wrong but from what i have seen so far from him is, that he is not an improvement on anything we had and at times looks just as big a liability as any of the others.
im not writing him off as it is his first year but, for the fee i expected a bit better if im honest.
he should have gone to LB today so hopefully he does on sunday
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:31 pm

still have high hopes for this lad, but feck me he needs to calm down and focus at times.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:35 am

Considering how poor Johnson and Cissoko were Sakho and Skrtel did very well. We kept them to one goal and a bit of a fk up !! Sakho was a bit shaky for part of the second half but a couple of poor passes are hardly representative of his overall contribution.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:49 am

metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:17 pm wrote:Effed up big time in the 2nd half, He made 5 mistakes in the space of 15 minutes!

Thought he was really good again to be honest. He had a mad 10 minutes or so, but Sh*t happens. Apart from that I liked what I saw again, definately starting to change my initial opinion slightly.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Raoul » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:49 am wrote:
metalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:17 pm wrote:Effed up big time in the 2nd half, He made 5 mistakes in the space of 15 minutes!

Thought he was really good again to be honest. He had a mad 10 minutes or so, but Sh*t happens. Apart from that I liked what I saw again, definately starting to change my initial opinion slightly.

Sums up my feelings pretty well. He often looks awkward, but his end product is generally good. He'll never win any awards for being a stylish player, but I think we are seeing (15 minutes aside) him improve and settle as he plays more games. I think Skrtel (who I thought played fairly well) is more at risk of the chop than Sakho.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:29 pm

away at city is one of the toughest tests in world football atm and i thought our defence did well, city needed a scrappy set piece and a goalkeeping error to beat us, if anything their defence was carved open more than ours.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:49 am wrote:

Like I said stu, good first half, apart from the 15 min when he got so nervous, did some great tackles too
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 pm wrote:i thought he had a good game myself, he had a bad 10 minutes but overall i thought he did well.
neither of the goals were his fault

I agree with this
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion