MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:07 pm

ethanr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:55 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:11 am wrote:I'd like to see him line up alongside Agger...I think they'd establish themselves as our new defence.

Two left footed players can be a risk tho.

no more of a risk than Skittles booting the ball into his own net
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:52 pm

id prefer if we just settled on a starting duo and gave that a chance to succeed. the chopping and changing has to stop.
i thought yesterdays pairing of skrtel and sakho wasnt bad and id like to see that given a chance. agger is vice captain though and should be playing so id give him a chance either as DM or as a sweeper.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:14 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:52 pm wrote:id prefer if we just settled on a starting duo and gave that a chance to succeed. the chopping and changing has to stop.
i thought yesterdays pairing of skrtel and sakho wasnt bad and id like to see that given a chance. agger is vice captain though and should be playing so id give him a chance either as DM or as a sweeper.

Sakho and Toure pair up perfectly ,their is no room for Skertel in this team ,he was about to be sold and managed to keep his job due to injuries.
Sakho for me should be the anchor of the defence ,rotate Agger or Toure around him.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Henderson and Suarez will probably get all the credit but this guy was as good IMO. Had one or two nervous moments in the first half but won a lot of duels, in the air and on the ground, and had some fantastic passing as well. Should be a starter from now on.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:01 pm

He's boss, end of.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:03 pm

would love to see him with Agger...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 pm

can only remember one mistake from him today with a dodgy header but other than that he looked very composed and is growing into the side very well.
i am a big fan of agger and hope he has the right attitude to knuckle down and fight for his place but for the moment i see no need to change what is begging to look like a decent partnership with the M & M's  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:31 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 pm wrote:can only remember one mistake from him today with a dodgy header but other than that he looked very composed and is growing into the side very well.
i am a big fan of agger and hope he has the right attitude to knuckle down and fight for his place but for the moment i see no need to change what is begging to look like a decent partnership with the M & M's  :laugh:

Agreed, still have my doubts, but so far (last few games) so very good.

Would like to see him with Agger though at some point.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Raoul » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:36 pm

I believe Rodgers plan was for Sakho to partner Agger, despite both being left footed. However Rodgers has been forced into a pairing he never expected because of form; Agger's and Skrtel's.

I think we'll see Agger and Sakho at some point, but for now Rodgers has his first choice pairing settled.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 pm

damjan193 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:01 pm wrote:Henderson and Suarez will probably get all the credit but this guy was as good IMO. Had one or two nervous moments in the first half but won a lot of duels, in the air and on the ground, and had some fantastic passing as well. Should be a starter from now on.

for such a big man he`s tremendous at threading balls through quite heavy traffic into the feet of our midfielders.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:01 pm wrote:Henderson and Suarez will probably get all the credit but this guy was as good IMO. Had one or two nervous moments in the first half but won a lot of duels, in the air and on the ground, and had some fantastic passing as well. Should be a starter from now on.

for such a big man he`s tremendous at threading balls through quite heavy traffic into the feet of our midfielders.

One of the things that's stood out about him from the off and one of the reasons I hoped there may be a player in there.

Starting to think there could be, still early days though.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 am

See Stu, the "give him time" can actually work sometimes :D.

It wasn't about giving him time to improve, it was about giving him time so he can show how good he actually is. You can't judge a player based on just a few games, that was your mistake from day 1  :nod

Anyway, I'd like to pat myself on the back for a change. I was 100% right with the comments I made before we singed him on what kind of player Sakho is.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:10 am

damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 am wrote:See Stu, the "give him time" can actually work sometimes :D.

It wasn't about giving him time to improve, it was about giving him time so he can show how good he actually is. You can't judge a player based on just a few games, that was your mistake from day 1  :nod

Anyway, I'd like to pat myself on the back for a change. I was 100% right with the comments I made before we singed him on what kind of player Sakho is.

???

Two good games and you're coming out with that? One of the games he wasn't even remotely tested in any way shape or form?

:no
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:10 am wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 am wrote:See Stu, the "give him time" can actually work sometimes :D.

???

Two good games and you're coming out with that? One of the games he wasn't even remotely tested in any way shape or form?

:no

Fine. But at least he's not Sh*t anymore, right?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:15 am

he's no Torben Piechnik, that's for sure  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion