MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:48 pm

sakho's better than Kelly considering there's only 2 months between them. yes we overpaid, but we've yet to see him at CB in a back four, given time I think he'll prove a mainstay in our back line.

in other news sakho started from france tonight in their qualifier and scored
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 pm

He's scored again!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby eds » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:32 am

Sakho the game changer for the frogs tonight, scoring 2 vital goals to get them through to the WC.

Maybe we should start playing the big man up front.  :D
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 am

he only got the one, a tap in off a rebound. the second was given as an OG.
good to see him get on the score sheet though, playing in the W.C will give him great experience.
benzema's goal was clearly offside and the linesman should miss the W.C as punnishment it was that bad. feel sorry for the lad who scored the og though, the one that ends your qualification hope's.
anyway again france scab their way through another play-off  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:48 am

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 am wrote:he only got the one, a tap in off a rebound. the second was given as an OG.
good to see him get on the score sheet though, playing in the W.C will give him great experience.
benzema's goal was clearly offside and the linesman should miss the W.C as punnishment it was that bad. feel sorry for the lad who scored the og though, the one that ends your qualification hope's.
anyway again france scab their way through another play-off  :nod

You can look at it another way, great character to come back from 2-0 down.

I do however prefere your view though! :D

And whoever said Sahko should play upfront has nailed it! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Just quick one as seen as no-one has brought it up...

I actually thought he had a really decent game yesterday and was fairly impressed. Been very critical of him so far but yesterday looked ALOT more like the player I was hoping we'd signed. I'm hopeful after yesterday's performance there is a player in there and the first couple of games it was more of a communication thing rather than a lack of ability.

Definately like his passing ability out from the back. Still think we've over payed for what we've got.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Watching that yesterday makes me even more confused as to why he didn't play against Everton.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:45 pm

stmichael » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:40 pm wrote:Watching that yesterday makes me even more confused as to why he didn't play against Everton.

Judging by his previous perfromances there is not a chance I'd have played him in the Derby.

He needs to string a few performances of that composed standard together now so we can see whether he really cuts the mustard. Hopefully he'll pass the test and prove a good signing.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:45 am wrote:
stmichael » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:40 pm wrote:Watching that yesterday makes me even more confused as to why he didn't play against Everton.

Judging by his previous perfromances there is not a chance I'd have played him in the Derby.

He needs to string a few performances of that composed standard together now so we can see whether he really cuts the mustard. Hopefully he'll pass the test and prove a good signing.

Another U-turn by Stu - you'd already decided a few weeks ago that he couldn't cut the mustard, now you're conceding he has a chance of proving to be a good signing?? :laugh:

Make your mind up lad.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:12 am wrote:Just quick one as seen as no-one has brought it up...

I actually thought he had a really decent game yesterday and was fairly impressed. Been very critical of him so far but yesterday looked ALOT more like the player I was hoping we'd signed. I'm hopeful after yesterday's performance there is a player in there and the first couple of games it was more of a communication thing rather than a lack of ability.

Definately like his passing ability out from the back. Still think we've over payed for what we've got.

I'll take my last comment back mate... at least you've explained yourself!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:54 pm

stmichael » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:40 am wrote:Watching that yesterday makes me even more confused as to why he didn't play against Everton.

i agree, everton`s first and third goals came from our inability on the day to win vital headers, west ham are a route one allardyce side but i thought sahko coped well (although if carroll would have been fit it might have been a tougher afternoon for him)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:55 pm

JC_81 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:12 am wrote:Just quick one as seen as no-one has brought it up...

I'll take my last comment back mate... at least you've explained yourself!

:rasp
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 pm

He was good, was worried when he was beaten a few times in the air (the one when he was easily beaten and Mignolet had to produce a fantastic save) other than that, he did a fookin beautiful tackle in the 2nd half that summed up his good performance.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:11 pm

I'd like to see him line up alongside Agger...I think they'd establish themselves as our new defence.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:55 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:11 am wrote:I'd like to see him line up alongside Agger...I think they'd establish themselves as our new defence.

Two left footed players can be a risk tho.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion