Luque - More transfer rumours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:29 pm

Sounds like another rumour that will come to nothing.  But if its true I'm not sure if its a good thing.  Can't really remember this guy from our games against deportivo this season.  Either he didn't play or he wasn't that great.  Another thing, don't like the sound of rafa writing off 2 of his signings already.  Should have a bit more confidence in his own signings (even if they do look like duds).  Don't think I believe it anyway though.

Liverpool have made a cheeky bid to grab Deportivo La Coruna's 20 million rated Spanish striker Albert Luque. 

Rafael Benitez has made an approach and is willing to include Spanish flops Josemi and Antonio Nunez in the deal.

However Deportivo president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro said: "We have rejected the offer because economically it was not interesting for us. All decisions on Luque will wait until the end of the season."
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:30 pm

By the way this came from the media watch link on the official website
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:46 pm

i`ve seen this lad on the spanish footy john and he`s not bad at all, he`s a tallish dark haired lad - with a good touch on him.
seems to spend a lot of time out wide creating for his team mates as opposed to being an out and out goalscorer.
i`d have him at anfield.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:57 pm

Yeah he is a decent player, he has one of the best left foots I've ever seen, he can really strike a ball well.

I havent seen him in enough games to say if he would be a good player for us.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:09 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i`ve seen this lad on the spanish footy john and he`s not bad at all, he`s a tallish dark haired lad - with a good touch on him.
seems to spend a lot of time out wide creating for his team mates as opposed to being an out and out goalscorer.
i`d have him at anfield.

Cheers

Can't say I remember him but sounds like a similar style of play to baros

Did a bit of research and he scored 8 goals in 32 games for depor last season, and that was when they were having a good season unlike this one

Even if he does look a good player, I'd be a bit worried about his goalscoring ratio.  Can't say much more than that having not seen him play myself
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:43 pm

Even if he does look a good player, I'd be a bit worried about his goalscoring ratio.  Can't say much more than that having not seen him play myself

Yes, you need a striker that will get at least 20 goals a season. But he can't be bad if he's worth 20 mil.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:44 pm

Yes, you need a striker that will get at least 20 goals a season. But he can't be bad if he's worth 20 mil. To be honest I would prefer a striker with premiership experience and one that can bang goals in from day one not one that scores 8 goals a season and will probably take a season to adjust to english football.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:45 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

Yes, you need a striker that will get at least 20 goals a season. But he can't be bad if he's worth 20 mil. But is he a waste of money like diouf?

Haha!!

I was just about to mention diouf until you corrected that!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:50 pm

good to see benitez realises he's brought is some ****** players which aint doing it. he's getting rid, something houlier neva did.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Paul C » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:20 pm

Andy Johnson has scored 20 this season in the EPL and thats with a ****** midfield providing the balls, plus he'd be cheaper than £20m :;):

Weather of not he can do it season after season is another thing (Johnson that is)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:42 pm

john craig wrote:
yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i`ve seen this lad on the spanish footy john and he`s not bad at all, he`s a tallish dark haired lad - with a good touch on him.
i`d have him at anfield.

Cheers

Can't say I remember him but sounds like a similar style of play to baros

Did a bit of research and he scored 8 goals in 32 games for depor last season, and that was when they were having a good season unlike this one

nah, i wouldnt say he`s similar in style to baros, he`s more cultured on the ball and probably less energetic, cant really think of anyone to compare him to - sort of a bergkamp if you know what i mean.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Alanay » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:27 am

I don't think we should get him. It's better of to get the striker from Atletico Madrid.. sorry.. I can't remember the name.. Torres ?
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:37 am

Fernando Torres.

I doubt we could afford him, he's only 21, got 3 years left in his contract, and would cost at least £20M.

I think Chelsea and Scum were interested in him last year.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dxavier » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:20 pm

Liverpool are looking at Torres. The issue though is his price. Without over doing it, he is amazing. They would be stupid to let him go for less than £20million. What disturbs me though is why are we talking about top strikers like Torres? Cisse and Morientes are going to be first choice and anyone who comes in will be behind them. Cisse and Morientes on top form would be considered to be world class so there is no way either of them would except a bigger striker to come in. Despite me not being his biggest fan, Andy Johnson wouldn't be a bad shout because he works hard (we need hard workers and not big blouses like Kewell), he scores goals and he will probably accept being on the bench behind Cisse and Morientes. If Torres came to Liverpool, someone is going to have to drop to the bench. Morientes came to us to get games so he won't accept the bench and Cisse wouldn't accept it either. What we need is a new second choice striker and to give Cisse and Morientes a chance to click during pre-season and see what happens.
dxavier

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:36 pm

20 million ??? Sounds a bit like the crazy Diouf deal....lets spend millions on a striker who stays out on the wing an scores hardly an goals ???
If Andy Johnson cost between 3-5 million then i would be happy if we got him.
But anytime we go in for a player in our league the price gets bumped up.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion