Luca toni to partner torres?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Julio-0 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:34 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I've also heard that this Pandev fella is available on a free and he's supposed to be quite highly rated.

Pandev is our :p
Julio-0

Postby muzza798 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Pandev is quality. He's fast and left footed aswell.
muzza798

Postby muzza798 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Double post
muzza798

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Dont fancy none of them
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:47 am

Tell me wise ones, we're talking Toni and Heskey at the same time, we're told we cant afford Heskey so why are we wasting time discussing Toni?  We'll probably buy another Greek.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:47 am

I can't believe Emule and PHILLIPS are getting mentions in this thread, or any that doesn't involve a comparison with past seasons. Both are yesterday men who were never that good and fecknose why Cappello ever wants Emule up front. I'll throw in Fowler, Jeffers and James Beattie if we're going to think downhill
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:22 am

For me Toni is a primadonna and with that kind of attitude is the least thing we need at L'pool :angry:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:39 am

Reg wrote:Tell me wise ones, we're talking Toni and Heskey at the same time, we're told we cant afford Heskey so why are we wasting time discussing Toni?  We'll probably buy another Greek.

maybe cause Toni is available for free?  :idea
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:47 am

Pablo_Escobar wrote:For me Toni is a primadonna and with that kind of attitude is the least thing we need at L'pool :angry:

We need goals, we need strikers, if a non-primadonna comes along on a free who scores goals then we can afford to be picky. Of course it would have been good had we got Owen, but I doubted Rafa would go there
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:52 am

Owzat wrote:
Pablo_Escobar wrote:For me Toni is a primadonna and with that kind of attitude is the least thing we need at L'pool :angry:

We need goals, we need strikers, if a non-primadonna comes along on a free who scores goals then we can afford to be picky. Of course it would have been good had we got Owen, but I doubted Rafa would go there

Of course we need strikers and goals, but a player which will constantly be disappointed with selection etc. is not what we need.
He's shown that at Bayern.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seress » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:27 am

He's going on a free to Roma,so it's a moot point anyway.
Seress

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:27 am

Pablo_Escobar wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Of course we need strikers and goals, but a player which will constantly be disappointed with selection etc. is not what we need.

beggars cant be choosers.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:38 pm

muzza798 wrote:For starters play Aurelio at LB constantly and dont let Insua anywhere near the pitch, same for Lucus.

Signings, we need Toni or Nistelrooy. Someone who can get that strikers luck or just som1 who has composure to finnish a 1 on 1. Toni and Rooy have that. We desperately need a right winger who can beat his man and basically the entire squad needs to step up to the plate. The entire squad is underperforming so no matter who we sign they wont make a difference unless the team steps up.

Only problem with this is that Rafa has no intention of dropping either Lucas or Insua, Aurelio (best LB at the club) is only back up.
Nor has he any intention of playing 4-4-2 or making changes before 65mins or leaving even one man up when we defend a corner or dropping zonal marking  :p

So don't expect any great changes come Jan even if we get RVN or Toni or even both!  :D

Same line up same tactics just a different sub coming on for Torres on 65mins whether we're winning, losing or drawing  ???
teamleader1

Postby Julio-0 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Seress wrote:He's going on a free to Roma,so it's a moot point anyway.

3 milion for six months :Oo:
Julio-0

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:29 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Pablo_Escobar wrote:
Owzat wrote:

beggars cant be choosers.

Not just that, if he is on a free and we could then sell him for a fee afterwards, it makes no sense to turn our noses up. Had we got Owen, sure he would have cost wages etc, but we might then have sold him for £5m, £10m or maybe more if it didn't work out.

All we do is talk about selling players we don't want and buying stars with the money, expect players we don't want are not going to go for the kind of money you could buy stars for. We (collectively) don't rate Babel, Dossena and Lucas, combined they might just get us £10m-£15m which might buy one of these "quality winger"s people prattle on about as if they're playing FM and they can buy one just like that for not a lot.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion