Luca toni - Scores for fun

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:42 am

Has anyone taken notice of Luca Toni

He has scored 24 times this season for Fiorentina, and seems to do it for fun.

What are folks thoughts on this guy, and would he suit a move to Liverpool ??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:52 am

He would come at a high price. Maybe 12-14 Million. If Rafas willing to spend that on a striker in the summer (which he may well do) he may as well pursue Michael Owen
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:28 am

Agree. He is running riot in the Serie A. Don't think for 1 minute that he'll go to England next season.A guy like that will ultimately be overpriced after the World Cup, and he'll be way out of our league.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:10 am

His the reason why the v good Bojinov doesnt play
puroresu

Postby padzer » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:26 am

This bloke is the real deal.  Tall, strong, great touch, lethal finisher.  Ive backed him for top scorer in the World cup at 33/1 in ladbrokes.  Its about time someone mentioned him on this site, only thing is he is 29 and would cost a few bob.  Plus, Fiorentina only signed him at the start of the season and i wouldnt say they would be too willing to let him go when they might be playin champions league themselves next season.
padzer

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:35 am

el_stinger wrote:Agree. He is running riot in the Serie A. Don't think for 1 minute that he'll go to England next season.A guy like that will ultimately be overpriced after the World Cup, and he'll be way out of our league.

what with us been the biggest footie club in the world and all that  :p

I think he'd jump at the chance, remember this team is going places
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:39 am

Been watching a fair bit of Italian football on Bravo this season.  Luca Toni looks quality.  He was the main reason Italy tore Germany apart 4-1 in a recent friendly.  Quite a physical player and I'm sure he'd cut it in the Premiership.

Basically it's probably only a matter of time before a big club comes in for him but he'll almost certainly stay in Italy.  I don't think it's a matter of not being able to afford him, the top Italian players generally stay in Italy these days because the national team selection is completely biased towards players playing in Serie A.  That's why it was a major surprise recently that Vieri got a recall despite playing in France.

You only have to look at Zola who should have got far more caps and Cudicini, who for a while was playing far better for Chelsea than Buffon was for Juve but never got a look-in.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:49 am

i thought he was a car salesman

not seen him play but i am not a fan of risking another 14 million an a player banging the goal home in a foreign league, who will take time to settle in
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby flipmode » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:03 am

bavlondon wrote:He would come at a high price. Maybe 12-14 Million. If Rafas willing to spend that on a striker in the summer (which he may well do) he may as well pursue Michael Owen

Worth the money at that much, would be brilliant signing
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:07 pm

john craig wrote:Been watching a fair bit of Italian football on Bravo this season.  Luca Toni looks quality.  He was the main reason Italy tore Germany apart 4-1 in a recent friendly.  Quite a physical player and I'm sure he'd cut it in the Premiership.

Basically it's probably only a matter of time before a big club comes in for him but he'll almost certainly stay in Italy.  I don't think it's a matter of not being able to afford him, the top Italian players generally stay in Italy these days because the national team selection is completely biased towards players playing in Serie A.  That's why it was a major surprise recently that Vieri got a recall despite playing in France.

You only have to look at Zola who should have got far more caps and Cudicini, who for a while was playing far better for Chelsea than Buffon was for Juve but never got a look-in.

Better than Buffon.  No way!!!
puroresu

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:30 pm

puroresu wrote:
john craig wrote:Been watching a fair bit of Italian football on Bravo this season.  Luca Toni looks quality.  He was the main reason Italy tore Germany apart 4-1 in a recent friendly.  Quite a physical player and I'm sure he'd cut it in the Premiership.

I said FOR A WHILE.

Buffon had a dodgy season for Juve at the same time as Cudicini was the best keeper in the premiership.  There were loads of calls for Cudicini to be in the Italy team at that time.

Read the whole post next time mate
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:53 pm

Luca Toni is pure quality but I doubt he is going anywhere.

Why not get Bojinov for cheap since he sits on the bench at Fiorentina.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:25 pm

redmikey wrote:i thought he was a car salesman

not seen him play but i am not a fan of risking another 14 million an a player banging the goal home in a foreign league, who will take time to settle in

mikey, your first statement is soooo droll

your next statement - watch him then decide

easy init  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:50 pm

Kukilon wrote:Luca Toni is pure quality but I doubt he is going anywhere.

Why not get Bojinov for cheap since he sits on the bench at Fiorentina.

bojinov wants to go bayern.  he has already said that that is the club he wants to play for.

just a matter of fiorentina allowing him to leave..
kobashi

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:49 pm

john craig wrote:
puroresu wrote:

I said FOR A WHILE.

Buffon had a dodgy season for Juve at the same time as Cudicini was the best keeper in the premiership.  There were loads of calls for Cudicini to be in the Italy team at that time.

Read the whole post next time mate

Form doesn't make you a better player than somebody else. Never has, never will.
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion