Luca toni - Scores for fun

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:53 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
john craig wrote:
puroresu wrote:
john craig wrote:Been watching a fair bit of Italian football on Bravo this season.  Luca Toni looks quality.  He was the main reason Italy tore Germany apart 4-1 in a recent friendly.  Quite a physical player and I'm sure he'd cut it in the Premiership.

Basically it's probably only a matter of time before a big club comes in for him but he'll almost certainly stay in Italy.  I don't think it's a matter of not being able to afford him, the top Italian players generally stay in Italy these days because the national team selection is completely biased towards players playing in Serie A.  That's why it was a major surprise recently that Vieri got a recall despite playing in France.

You only have to look at Zola who should have got far more caps and Cudicini, who for a while was playing far better for Chelsea than Buffon was for Juve but never got a look-in.

Better than Buffon.  No way!!!

I said FOR A WHILE.

Buffon had a dodgy season for Juve at the same time as Cudicini was the best keeper in the premiership.  There were loads of calls for Cudicini to be in the Italy team at that time.

Read the whole post next time mate

Form doesn't make you a better player than somebody else. Never has, never will.

but it helps
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:31 pm

Judge wrote:
redmikey wrote:i thought he was a car salesman

not seen him play but i am not a fan of risking another 14 million an a player banging the goal home in a foreign league, who will take time to settle in

mikey, your first statement is soooo droll

your next statement - watch him then decide

easy init  :p

i know it was rubbish when i typed it judge  :oops:

if he is a world beater he won,t be 14 mill anyway he will be 25+ and chelsea will buy him so i wounldn't worry
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:56 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
john craig wrote:
puroresu wrote:
john craig wrote:Been watching a fair bit of Italian football on Bravo this season.  Luca Toni looks quality.  He was the main reason Italy tore Germany apart 4-1 in a recent friendly.  Quite a physical player and I'm sure he'd cut it in the Premiership.

Basically it's probably only a matter of time before a big club comes in for him but he'll almost certainly stay in Italy.  I don't think it's a matter of not being able to afford him, the top Italian players generally stay in Italy these days because the national team selection is completely biased towards players playing in Serie A.  That's why it was a major surprise recently that Vieri got a recall despite playing in France.

You only have to look at Zola who should have got far more caps and Cudicini, who for a while was playing far better for Chelsea than Buffon was for Juve but never got a look-in.

Better than Buffon.  No way!!!

I said FOR A WHILE.

Buffon had a dodgy season for Juve at the same time as Cudicini was the best keeper in the premiership.  There were loads of calls for Cudicini to be in the Italy team at that time.

Read the whole post next time mate

Form doesn't make you a better player than somebody else. Never has, never will.

No, but form is definitely a major factor behind who should be selected for International matches.  Simple as that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:57 pm

redmikey wrote:
Judge wrote:
redmikey wrote:i thought he was a car salesman

not seen him play but i am not a fan of risking another 14 million an a player banging the goal home in a foreign league, who will take time to settle in

mikey, your first statement is soooo droll

your next statement - watch him then decide

easy init  :p

i know it was rubbish when i typed it judge  :oops:

if he is a world beater he won,t be 14 mill anyway he will be 25+ and chelsea will buy him so i wounldn't worry

i hear perhaps 6.5 million

there will be folk who slate that, but i dont give a fuck what they think
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:20 pm

redmikey wrote:not seen him play but i am not a fan of risking another 14 million an a player banging the goal home in a foreign league, who will take time to settle in

The Italian league is nothing like the french league, the standard is much higher. You are much less likely to buy a flop from the Italian league than the French
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:35 pm

that zola was a fucking flop and he's italian :p

:D :D :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:16 pm

Just seen his goal against Roma, scored in 1 minute of the kick off, nice finish :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:43 pm

Sounds like an actor out of Happy Days.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:37 am

Ciggy wrote:Sounds like an actor out of Happy Days.

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:16 am

Nah.

Sounds more like a Mafia boss.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:44 am

come on guys....if we are gonna spend 10 to 12 million...we should spend it on DAVID VILLA....the best damn striker in the spanish league at the moment... :eyebrow
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:47 am

put up his stats rock
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:52 am

The_Rock wrote:come on guys....if we are gonna spend 10 to 12 million...we should spend it on DAVID VILLA....the best damn striker in the spanish league at the moment... :eyebrow

if we can get Villa for 10 to 12 million nowadays...we can consider ourselves to be lucky. Being one of the best striker in La Liga this season, i think the price is gonna be higher... a lot higher than 12 m.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:28 am

Judge wrote:put up his stats rock

i need sabre's help for that..... :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:13 am

No ones mentioned the fact he is almost 29. 13-15m is quite a lot to spend on a player that age, however he has been playing for a while and only this season found this amazing form. Perhaps he will be a better player in the next 4 years than the previous.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion