Love & hate relationship - The beautiful game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Iceman69 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:06 am

i just know him, i didnt say i was him

you turd hole
Iceman69

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:12 am

its bad enough knowing him, he was an absolute ******.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:03 am

Woollyback wrote:Sometimes I just absolutley HATE football. Do you ever get the same feeling?

Tuesday had me walking 50 feet tall with pride after watching my team bring back echoes of our glory days, today brought me down to earth with a very sobering bump.

Now I'm not one of these fair-weather fans who's ecstatic when we win and calling for the manager's head when we lose, quite the opposite I'm old enough and ugly enough to realise that sometimes you need to bite your lip and count to three before you dive in feet-first (take note, Mr Baros).

But anyway, this isn't a rant about how sh*te today's result was, or how sh*te our away form has been all season. This is a rant (albeit a futile one) about how the game of football in general drives me up the f*cking wall and how sometimes I wish I didn't follow the game at all.

Results like today's just wreck what's left of my weekend. I went to Tesco's this evening and I was in a foul mood all the way round and kept having to ask myself why? I don't have any other particular worries in life that would be niggling me, it's the weekend and it's my time to chill out, but every time I asked myself the question it was abvious - I was in a foul mood cos my team had lost.

I looked round at loads of the people there, many of whom probably don't give a monkeys about football and they just looked happy & relaxed, whereas I just couldn't get this horrible feeling out of my head. I was a bear with a sore head.

Ever since I can remember I have had weekends ruined by the simple fact that my team had lost a game of football. OK, I've had weekends when I've been happy cos my team's won, and weekends where I've been ecstatic cos we've beaten everton or the sh*te, but sometimes it seems the downs can have a worse effect than the ups.

I've sometimes wondered if things were different for a supporter of a smaller club with less weight of expectation, but when I speak to my father-in-law about being a Leicester supporter it's exactly the same for him, when they lose it just puts him in a mood for days. 

The whole game just really f*cks me off sometimes and makes me wonder "is it all worth it?"

Anyway, that's my rant finished. I'm sure I'll feel fractionally better about it all tomorrow, and hopefully a little bit better again come 5pm if Palace can do us a favour. And of course manure got humbled which makes things a bit better :D

But sometimes I still really f*cking hate football. I'm not saying I could live without it or anything, just that sometimes I just f*cking hate what it does to me

I feel the same way. Sometimes things go really well in your life but  go horrible for LFC, like the time we lost three times in a row or vice versa.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:11 am

Iceman69 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:Results like today's just wreck what's left of my weekend. I went to Tesco's this evening and I was in a foul mood all the way round and kept having to ask myself why? I don't have any other particular worries in life that would be niggling me, it's the weekend and it's my time to chill out, but every time I asked myself the question it was abvious - I was in a foul mood cos my team had lost.

I looked round at loads of the people there, many of whom probably don't give a monkeys about football and they just looked happy & relaxed, whereas I just couldn't get this horrible feeling out of my head. I was a bear with a sore head.

Ever since I can remember I have had weekends ruined by the simple fact that my team had lost a game of football. OK, I've had weekends when I've been happy cos my team's won, and weekends where I've been ecstatic cos we've beaten everton or the sh*te, but sometimes it seems the downs can have a worse effect than the ups.

You are  bell end mate.

Listen , if you wonder around tesco's on a saturday night thinking about Liverpool Fc then you need to get a girlfreind!

Its not that bad is it?

you have to face the facts that we are pretty poo these days

very sad.

it was 6pm when i was in tesco's...  "mate"

right about the same time as you were having your 17th w*nk of the day. a*sewipe.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:12 am

Woollyback wrote:Yup, footy does my head in but I'm afraid I'm stuck with it for life. Liverpool FC for better for worse, in sickness and in health, till death us do part. YNWA.

Agreed.[Thought you would have put the tescos bit in the embarrasing moments thread] :D  :D
84-1106852058

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:32 am

could've been worse, it could've been Aldi :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:12 pm

.. I used to be like you Woolls... but since I lost a very a nearest and dearest nearly ten years ago.. it put a lot of things in to persepctive for me..

.. Yesterday when I saw we lost .. I was gutted... but .. there's another day and the fight goes on.. we are a much improved outfit now.. and things are on the up despite these set-baks..

... anyway I feel the Blues'll drop points today too .. :D

Chin-up el Pimp.. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:40 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
kazza 1 wrote:Join the club mate!!! Its worse when you support 2 teams and they both loose on the same day!! Theres nothing worse!! Thats way its better to support a bigger team!! You have more people to drown your sorrows with!  :(  :D  :D

two teams?

sorry i don't agree with this 2 teams ******, you support one club and one club only.

Supporting one club is ok if you live in England where you can go to most of the games and it don't cost you fortune!!! The other team I support happens to be the best team in the Irish league, Glentoran! I go to all their match's home and away!!! They might not be Liverpool, but their games are just as good! I don't see a problem supporting two teams

GLENTORAN FC...  LE JEU AVANT TOUT
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:52 pm

I suppose because I play so many sports and thus support so many teams (for each of the different sports, tho liverpool is my favourite :) ) while im always thrilled when one of my teams wins and gutted when one loses I've sort of learned to cope when a team loses because its balanced out usually by one or two of my other teams winning.
A dissapointing result yesterday but its not the end of the world bolton r still behind us, Everton will lose i hope and so it wont be so bad.  And hey, Man U lost 2-0 and chelsea were held to a draw at home so thats something to be happy about  :;):
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion