Losing your best three players...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:12 pm

But quality will shine through in the long run over the course of the season. At the end of the season City will be fighting for the title whilst Cardiff fighting to stay in the league. There is no substitute for quality over a league season
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Eh, what's the point of this thread? "What-if-ism" in the extreme....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 pm wrote:Eh, what's the point of this thread? "What-if-ism" in the extreme....

What if "what-if-ism" was really a word? Would we win the FA Cup this season? :?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:54 pm

The point was to discuss who would suffer the most losing there best three players out of the "top six" (providing Liverpool get there) as a way of finding out where everyone thinks our weaknesses are.

But obviously the people who've read the thread are to thick to understand the concept of intelligent debate. Mind you I should have known with the likes of Hustler and one or two others prowling about.

The fact is, you all whine bitch and moan when someone derails one of your threads and you've just gone on for three pages trying to act like a gang of internet gangsters :D

You wonder why this forum's gone down the ***** swanny. :no
Last edited by Stu the Red on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 pm

supersub » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:57 pm wrote:Gerrard not top 3......Lucas is top dog in midfield now

Oh my f*cking word... Lucas better than Gerrard...  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:10 pm

I just wanna see sexi football. :)

Stu, you need not start any more topics.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm gonna load up FM, sell the best players and see how it goes. I'll report back with my findings.

*disclaimer* I'm kidding. Still don't see the point in debating negative fiction though.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:12 pm wrote:But quality will shine through in the long run over the course of the season. At the end of the season City will be fighting for the title whilst Cardiff fighting to stay in the league. There is no substitute for quality over a league season

Only if they have the desire and determination. And that is why Man City only had the FA Community Shield to show for spending a crazy amount of money. The right attitude also helps. Going on a self imposed golf sabbatical tells it's own story.
Last edited by devaney on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Self imposed Golf sabbatical ?

Quality wins titles - it's evident every single season

The teams with the best players in the crucial positions win the title

City didnt strengthen correctly last summer - they failed to get a CB to cover for Kompany and failed to cover for Balotelli leaving - they bought poorly and Mancini lost the dressing room. Yet they still finished second because they have quality.

That's why they didnt win anything.

There is no substitute for quality - teams can be as determined as they want - if they don't have the right quality then they won't succeed
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:53 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 pm wrote:
supersub » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:57 pm wrote:Gerrard not top 3......Lucas is top dog in midfield now

Oh my f*cking word... Lucas better than Gerrard...  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

lucas does twice the workload...and his absence would be a disaster defensively for us..Gerrard couldn.t manage without him....clearly you watch telly and not the live action to observe the whole picture...

gerrard maybe big and hard but his days of hitting the 40 yards accurately are becoming less and less
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 pm wrote:Self imposed Golf sabbatical ?

Quality wins titles - it's evident every single season

The teams with the best players in the crucial positions win the title

City didnt strengthen correctly last summer - they failed to get a CB to cover for Kompany and failed to cover for Balotelli leaving - they bought poorly and Mancini lost the dressing room. Yet they still finished second because they have quality.

That's why they didnt win anything.

There is no substitute for quality - teams can be as determined as they want - if they don't have the right quality then they won't succeed

Quality,application,determination and desire win titles. I hate to admit it but you don't have to go any further than Old Trafford for proof of that over a sustained period of time.

You suggest that Mancini did poorly in the transfer market. This is a team that has spent an obscene amount of money. Your excuses why they won nothing are extremely weak. Balotelli 2012/13 played 14 games for City in the PL and scored one goal.Kompany played 24 games in the PL last season. City finished 11 points behind United and were very weak contenders.

And just for the record 2nd is first of the losers !!! Quality without determination and the right attitude was the reason Man City won nothing last season.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Yes City bought poorly last summer - and the team suffered because of that. The manager lost the dressing room and the players didnt perform

Utd won because they had the quality required in the right area - scoring goals and stopping goals.

The season before that City won the title.

City have spent a lot of money taking a team from bottom half of the table to fly right past us and confirm themselves in the top 4 of the league - in fact top 2. They will once again challenge for the title this year because they have one of the best squads in the league.

Ability and quality wins titles - that's why the teams winning things are the teams spending the money to get the quality players into the team. That's not an opinion that's a fact and you only have to look at the title winners in recent years - even go back to Blackburn.

The best teams in terms of quality win.

Still unsure what the "self imposed golf sabbatical" has to do with the thread though ?
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Okay.  I'm confused.  Do we take the top three players out of every team to begin with (keeping all others intact), or are we taking three players out of each team while leaving the others intact?

Can't believe I'm responding to this thread.  Must be an International break or something.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:01 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:54 pm wrote:The point was to discuss who would suffer the most losing there best three players out of the "top six" (providing Liverpool get there) as a way of finding out where everyone thinks our weaknesses are.

But obviously the people who've read the thread are to thick to understand the concept of intelligent debate. Mind you I should have known with the likes of Hustler and one or two others prowling about.

The fact is, you all whine bitch and moan when someone derails one of your threads and you've just gone on for three pages trying to act like a gang of internet gangsters :D

You wonder why this forum's gone down the ***** swanny. :no

Did someone just steal your soother? :D
Dry your eyes, girlfriend....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:44 am

What a stupid thread. Take out Torres, Gerrard and Alonso out of the 2008/2009 team that almost won the league and you would have the same result.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion