Lord cisse of frodsham

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:04 am

Right I know hes just back from injury, and i read a lot of forums and message boards, what I have found on a lot of sites is people with wish lists for next season.
New players coming in and our formation upfront, and 99% of these people all have Cisse as a sub ???
He cost us 14 million pounds the most Liverpool F.C. have ever payed for a player, alot of people have been saying he is going to be another Diouf and Ive even heard a few saying cash in on him now to get a good price, which is :censored: pathetic IMO.
I think we have a new henry at Liverpool he scored 2 goals for France this week alone, not bad for a player with such an horific injury.

I dont know who will partner him upfront next season, whether it be Morientes, Kuijt (hope so)? Baros? or another new striker.
But no matter how much rafa wants to accomadate the players he must NEVER play him on the wing again NEVER.
He is an out and out striker and therefore must play him in his proper position.

I personally think once he is 100% fit again he will bag 20+ goals a season for us, so long as he has the right partner upfront with him, he will terrify defences with his pace and there will be quite a few teams next season dreading him being in the lineup.

And finally you have to give the man tremendous credit for coming back at the end of the season, and playing a part in the Champions League final scoring a penalty, he nearly lost his leg but he has the most amazing attitude as Rafa would say the right (mentality)
:cool:
Well done Djibril recovering so quickly and I really look forward seeing you in all your glory and reputation as one of the deadliest strikers in europe.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:05 am

YES.Keep Cisse.Keep Cisse.
116-1104673748

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:07 am

Oh one more thing I forgot to add, is the last game of the season against Villa if thats the shape of things to come from Cisse, he is going to be one of the best players we have on our books, I love the lads attitude very strong mentally and physically, he was amazing that day. :buttrock  :hearts
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:13 am

If his committment and attitude is anything to go by, then Cisse is going to be absolutley immense for us.

Can't wait to have him ready and rearing to go in the new season.   :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:18 am

absolutely. it appears that cisse being out for so long last season has pushed him to the back of people's minds and they forget we have a top quality striker. and we have morientes aswell who will surely show his true class next season. cisse and morientes. cisse and morientes. cisse and morientes. cisse and morientes. cisse and morientes. :D  you just have to keep saying it over and over. its a pair of strikers most clubs would die for. i don't think we need to spend mega bucks on another big name striker. maybe another squad striker to complement pongo. send the money on a couple of quality attacking wingers to supply them and watch nando and lord frodsham bang em in for fun. happy days :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:21 am

I agree. He is quick, strong and has a great shot on him. I think technically he has a bit to learn about playing in the premiership and playing against premiership defences but what impresses me most is his attitude. While Harry kewell (sorry to bring this up again!!) but while Kewell whinged and whined about his groin injury and told Rafa his season was over despite medical reports to the contrary you have someone like Cisse who nearly lost his leg fighting back hard and working with everyting to get back to playing.
That attitude to me is just priceless and I for oone look forward to him leading the line next year banging in goals at Anfield at the same rate as Fowler, Owen and maybe even Rush!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:25 am

Gasp..Comparable to Ian Rush.That must be really high.
116-1104673748

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:26 am

Their just muppets, the lad has hardly played over the last 12 months and people cannot judge him until he plays a full season, he will not be another Diouf as he has a very good attitude.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:52 am

I did not compare him to Ian Rush, nor would I ever compare anyone to Ian Rush...I was just pointing out my belief that in Cisse we have a very talented out and out striker who COULD score a lot of goals....like Rush used to do and Fowler and owen....I am not saying he will go on to score 100's of goals for us and become half the player that those guys were but still, he has potential. And comments like those from Paul C are the reason a lot of people don't bother with this site anymore. Too often people get abused and shot down for expressing an opinion.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:53 am

I think he shows potential. I've been more impressed than I was pre-injury for sure. My beef has always been that we paid way over the odds for him and nothing has happened sofar to change my opinion. That said though, this will become irrelavent if he really kicks in and does the business.
One last point. If we are to really see the best of him we need someone who can consistently slide him in with deft little deflections, flicks and passes IMHO. A Beardsley type of player would be absolutely perfect (Jesus what a player he was) or please God a Dalglish. We have Garcia who is a superb player but more of a "get on the end of" type of player himself in my view. In modern football perhaps Aimar is the one you'd go for to really help Cisse to catch fire. Who knows.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafalution » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:27 am

I think Cisse will prove to be a very good purchase over the next season. He has more pace than Owen and has a hell of a shot and has all the tools he needs to be a top class striker.
I would like to see him playing more on the defenders shoulder like Owen used to. IMO this is something he doesn't do much at the moment and is a part of the game he can develop to devastating effect like we used to with Owen.

What we do need however is a good strike partner for Cisse to help him out a bit. Hopefully Nando will prove to be the perfect partner for him and will benefit from the headed flick ons and intelligent play from Nando. With only 1 up front it's all too easy for defenders to sit deep and nullify Cisse's pace.

I would like to see us put faith in Cisse for next season and look to buy another striker who can create chances for Cisse like a Dalglish/Beardsley type of player which is exactly the type of player we have lacked for years now.
Rafalution

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:58 am

i cant wait to see djibril next season he is going to be a different class he has had time to settle learn english nothing should phase him now.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:54 am

Looking forward to seein Cisse next season, agreed he didnt really catch fire and settle before his horrible injury.
But the lads attitude and desire to pull on the red shirt is second to none.
What big mick said about someone just behind him is spot on, he would really benefit from someone like aimar, but from the glimpses of Morientes i seen he looks like he is really clever around the box and will create openings for others.
Cisse does need better timing of runs though, i'd give Ian Rush a call and ask him to work with him in the summer.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:02 am

I love Cisses agressivnes, his attitude, his commitment and I belive that he'll become a force to be feared in the next season. Cisse is evertyhing that Baros isn't. So Cisse is my 1st choice stiker.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:29 pm

bigmick wrote:My beef has always been that we paid way over the odds for him and nothing has happened sofar to change my opinion.

to be fair though mick, it's not his fault GH paid 14 million for him, all he can do ids come to he club and do his best, and so far he has done that.

It's sometimes unfair on players who get judged on their transfer fee alone, like Drogba for example. He is simply not worth 24 million, but since Chelsea paid that for him, their are unrealistic expecations put on him.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion