Looking Forward - Replacement For Morientes?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:27 pm

sorry posted in wrong thread.:D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:28 pm

no it's the right one....got to go for eye checkup:laugh: :laugh:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:41 pm

maybe pongolle will be given more of a chance now. i hope so anyway.

did rafa say he was going to wait after the world cup to sign players? ???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri May 26, 2006 8:00 pm

redsince2001 wrote:how abt lucas podolski-the young german striker ????

Spot on. Ive always rated him. He went to Wolfsburg for so cheap. Its almost amazing as D Alessandro going to Portsmouth.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri May 26, 2006 8:28 pm

did rafa say he was going to wait after the world cup to sign players?

No, he said he wants to sign all of his players before the world cup
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby puroresu » Fri May 26, 2006 9:04 pm

I dont see why Rafa went for Di Vaio.  Althouh LFC have not confirmed this, I dodnt see why Di Vaio needs to lie.
puroresu

Postby A.B. » Fri May 26, 2006 9:10 pm

Valencia wanted to throw him in part of the deal, it doesn't mean that we wanted him really.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 10:01 pm

A.B. wrote:

Not long left.

I expect us to have signed two strikers and a right winger before June 9th.

Something tells me Rafa's gonna sign them all on the 8th of June.  :no
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 10:02 pm

puroresu wrote:I dont see why Rafa went for Di Vaio.  Althouh LFC have not confirmed this, I dodnt see why Di Vaio needs to lie.

Players like to feel wanted, and what better way to feel wanted then to truly believe Liverpool want to sign you when in reality they wouldn't give you a second look.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Fri May 26, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby tubby » Fri May 26, 2006 10:04 pm

A.B. wrote:

No he said ideally he would like to do that.

Newcastle United will have to wait for Dirk Kuyt to finish his World Cup campaign with Holland before he makes a decision regarding his future. Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle United are all after the player but he has said today that he will not rush into a decision over next season. The player understandably wants to fully concentrate on his first big international tournament.

“I thought about it for some time and I made up my mind, my future prospects are sidelined for now,” said Kuyt. “I have also told my management that I do not want to hear anything during the World Cup about interested clubs - only Oranje counts.”

Now in my opinion we dont want to leave it to the last minute and get left out to dry like we did for Simao so if Rafa really does want Kuijt he need to be prepared to bid high even if he thinks it goes over his evaluation. Otherwise Rafa is better of forgetting about Kuijt.

He wont go for less than 12Mil and for that much we can bring back Michael Owen.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 10:09 pm

Bav,

Tottenham seem a bit greedy, they have just signed Berbatov and now they want Kuyt, I suppose they have entered the race now that Mido won't be at White Hart Lane next season and Jermain Defoe looks set to leave.
48-1119859832

Postby Speedy Gonzalez » Fri May 26, 2006 10:15 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Darren Bent is 22, and has scored 1 goal every 2 games so far in his career. (56 from 116 games at Ipswich).

For Charlton, he score 18 Premiership goals in 36 starts (no sub appearances) and 4 cup goals from 7 starts and 1 sub appearance.

In short, Bent has scored 22 goals in 44 games for Charlton.

Now I didn't think he was THAT good, or THAT young.
Maybe he wouldn't be such a stupid signing afterall.

Stats for Rubbish clubs mean nothing.

PLaying for LFC is a whole new level, and more pressure.

Look at Heskey,
Look at Cisse.
Look at Moreintes.
Look at Crouch.

All so called "great scorers or their clubs" and all woeful in a red shirt when it comes to hitting the net.

Can't handle the fire in the kitchen,

No way should LFC be buying second fiddle players. other wise the title will be even further away.

as for my "unknowns" list. how many of you actually had heard of any of these players or rated them highly before Rafa signed them.

I bet not one of you had heard of Alonso! and dont lie.
Speedy Gonzalez

Postby puroresu » Fri May 26, 2006 10:23 pm

0asis wrote:
puroresu wrote:I dont see why Rafa went for Di Vaio.  Althouh LFC have not confirmed this, I dodnt see why Di Vaio needs to lie.

Players like to feel wanted, and what better way to feel wanted then to truly believe Liverpool want to sign you when in reality they wouldn't give you a second look.

Yeah but considering he released his statement before we knew anything about Morientes going suggests Valencia told him "they were trying to sign Nando but Liverpool want to take you part of the deal".

Also Di Vaio's comments about Monaco also make a lot sense.  Di Vaio went to Monaco on loan and played so it makes perfect sense that he would want to join them permantly rather than going to Liverpool and finding himself in the same situation he was in at Valencia.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Fri May 26, 2006 10:25 pm

bavlondon wrote:
A.B. wrote:

No he said ideally he would like to do that.

Newcastle United will have to wait for Dirk Kuyt to finish his World Cup campaign with Holland before he makes a decision regarding his future. Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle United are all after the player but he has said today that he will not rush into a decision over next season. The player understandably wants to fully concentrate on his first big international tournament.

“I thought about it for some time and I made up my mind, my future prospects are sidelined for now,” said Kuyt. “I have also told my management that I do not want to hear anything during the World Cup about interested clubs - only Oranje counts.”

Now in my opinion we dont want to leave it to the last minute and get left out to dry like we did for Simao so if Rafa really does want Kuijt he need to be prepared to bid high even if he thinks it goes over his evaluation. Otherwise Rafa is better of forgetting about Kuijt.

He wont go for less than 12Mil and for that much we can bring back Michael Owen.

If Kuyt scores more than 6 goals in Germany I could see it being more than £12 million.  Have we got that sort of money?
puroresu

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 10:36 pm

Speedy Gonzalez wrote:sStats for Rubbish clubs mean nothing.

PLaying for LFC is a whole new level, and more pressure.

Look at Heskey,
Look at Cisse.
Look at Moreintes.
Look at Crouch.

All so called "great scorers or their clubs" and all woeful in a red shirt when it comes to hitting the net.

Can't handle the fire in the kitchen,

No way should LFC be buying second fiddle players. other wise the title will be even further away.

At last someone who has worse views than me.  :D

Heskey was never prolific and Houllier signed him so he could hold up the ball and do all the donkey work to set Owen up and he did his job well also managed to score 22 goals in his first season if I'm not mistaken. Yeah £11million for a player who was stuck at Leicester wasn't the best deal you could of got for £11million pounds but he served his purpose. I'll admit it was a good £11million wasted as Heskey wasn't the best striker around and his techincal ability wasn't great but he worked hard and helped us gain six trophies, so he weren't all bad. (Just for the record, Heskey was never deemed by his peers as "prolific").

I agree with you about Cisse. He really isn't up to it and it's his attitude and up take on things that gets on my nerves. Just when you think he sorted out his attitude like in the F.A Cup final when he scored that goal and worked really hard for the first half, but no he comes out with new boots on and is more concerned about showing off his flash boots that putting in the hard graft to help us win. Not to mention he lacks the basic footballing abilities to make a truly great striker. £14million wasted and yeah he scored 19 goals this season which is good considering he wasn't hardly in the starting eleven and was played out of position. Those goals were indeed important it's just ashame they came from a player with a rotten attitude.

As for Morientes, he was never a prolific striker the facts and statistics do not lie. In one of the Galatico's best seasons he managed only five goals. He was never an out and out striker or goalscorer, he liked to play in the hole, hold the ball up, link up and occasionally chip in with the odd goal. He did the same here but he could of done better had he adapted to the pace and physical nature of the Premiership. I'm of the belief that we signed him far too late for his body and mind to be able to adjust for the intensity of the Premiership. (Get your facts right, he came to Liverpool with the reputation as one of the finest technically gifted player in Europe)

And as for Crouch did you ever watch the lad play before he came to Liverpool? If you did then you would of known what to expect from him. Crouch is a target man, not and out and out goalscorer like Henry, Owen, Bent or Van Nistelrooy. He nods the ball down for the other striker and links up play as well as chipping in with the odd few goals every now and again. I find it amusing that A) You think he's woeful and B) you think Crouch is prolific.

Whilst you can get away with calling Heskey and Cisse second fiddle players you can't call Crouch second fiddle and you certainly can't call Morientes second fiddle.

This thread is a joke, you're a joke and I'm a joke for even bothering to reply to it. But at least I'm not in denial.  :D
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion